ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Sports U.S Women's Open at Lancaster Country Club

Dylan Callaghan-Croley

Staff
Jun 14, 2020
Anybody watching or anybody planning on going this weekend? Was in attendance yesterday and had a great time. Course is playing like a menace these first two days.

Reactions: NedFromYork
The golf ladies are incredible...like golfing machines. I posted a different thread about Nelly Korda making a TEN on the 12th hole. She won six of eight tournaments coming into the US Women's Open this year.

Korda is so over rated....... Lancaster is killing her.

JK. But a 10 on a par 3? I could at least make an 8.

Korda is so over rated....... Lancaster is killing her.

JK. But a 10 on a par 3? I could at least make an 8.
I played Sunday and was awful. I am experimenting with "cocking my left wrist" by feeling like I am pushing the handle of the club down instead of just pulling back in my backswing. It killed my tempo and concentration. So nelly made me feel better. The hole played at 3.8 stokes on average for a par 3. Ouch. Regardless, Golf Channel had a pretty good review of the 12th and what happened. Killed the ratings though.

Last edited:
There’s also a LPGA tournament outside of Atlantic City next weekend.

You know we are in the sports doldrums when we have a women's golf thread. Also sad when the headline of the tourney is someone making a 10.

Reactions: Obliviax
Yes. I played scramble there . Think we shot 61. These ladies will kill it
They'll trick it up with narrowed fairways, really thick rough and slick/fast greens. The LPGA will have some good players play it and target -10 as a winning score. Somebody may come out and smoke the course that week but these people, the planners, know what they are doing.

The person that won is named Yuko Saso. But the person that made the most money is probably Charley Hull. She was videotaped smoking a cigarette signing autographs after a set on the driving range. She is now being dubbed "John Daly's Sister". I do have to say that she is much easier on the eyes.

4b524a102bf23838924d7bd2bd86cc65

BB1nhksG.img

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT