ADVERTISEMENT

Uh-oh: Iowa unveiling new color combination on Saturday night

Well, if that doesn't strike fear in your heart ... I guess you're like most people

Iowa got it wrong on two counts:

First, if you're gonna go that route, then don't pussyfoot around -- go all the way: ALL-BLACK uniforms.

Second, don't unveil it four days ahead of time but rather come out of the tunnel at game-time and shock the world...a la Notre Dame with the green jerseys 46 years ago against USC.

Notre Dame won that game by 30 points. But you can only go to the well once, as in later years the Irish found out when they tried the same stunt.

Reactions: JJTopp99
2nd half of the Bush Push I believe?

I think the Irish did a partly green thing in that game.

But I don't believe that uniform-wise, they never fully replicated that magical 1977 game against USC.

My memory is that when they fiddled with it a handful of times in later years, it usually didn't work out for them.

You can only go to the well once...

Reactions: lazydave841
Iowa got it wrong on two counts:

First, if you're gonna go that route, then don't pussyfoot around -- go all the way: ALL-BLACK uniforms.

Second, don't unveil it four days ahead of time but rather come out of the tunnel at game-time and shock the world...a la Notre Dame with the green jerseys 46 years ago against USC.

Notre Dame won that game by 30 points. But you can only go to the well once, as in later years the Irish found out when they tried the same stunt.
Can’t go all black at PSU, but you are right. In Iowa City that would be the way to go if you want to make a statement

Reactions: Jerry
Can’t go all black at PSU, but you are right. In Iowa City that would be the way to go if you want to make a statement
Iowa is all in this weekend. Their breaking out their colors: black cow dung and urine.

• Haha
I think the Irish did a partly green thing in that game.

But I don't believe that uniform-wise, they never fully replicated that magical 1977 game against USC.

My memory is that when they fiddled with it a handful of times in later years, it usually didn't work out for them.

You can only go to the well once...

I think the Bush Push game they changed uniforms at halftime and took the penalty incurred for doing so. But that was almost 20 years ago.

I think we should decide to wear white jersey's Saturday evening at about 6:45PM or so. :)

Why are they wearing dark pants for the whiteout?? I think Deadpool said it best.

IMG-2760.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
You can. Both coaches have to agree. USC/UCLA both wore colors a few years ago.

It also works because they have contrasting colors. Navy and Black would never work. We'd need to bust out the pinks. No better team to bust out pink uniforms against than Iowa.

Reactions: Cowbell Man
I guess they are trying to double down on their bad behavior from two years ago. I hope we stomp them and don't take our foot off the gas!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT