ADVERTISEMENT

Watching UM - Iowa last night ..,

creamery

Jul 28, 2009
As frustrating as the losses to OSu and UM were this year, couldn’t help but think ….

-last chance for Iowa to get the easy road from the West division into the B10 championship game …..
- it’s going to be a long time before they get there again with the loss of divisions
- how many West divisions could PSU have won
- must be frustrating to have such an inept offense year after year … PSU has been there at times
-iowas defensive system helps them but lack of athleticism n speed hurts them on offense. Their Oline was bad last night too
-we beat Iowa by 5 more points than UM

As frustrating as the losses to OSu and UM were this year, couldn’t help but think ….

-last chance for Iowa to get the easy road from the West division into the B10 championship game …..
- it’s going to be a long time before they get there again with the loss of divisions
- must be frustrating to have such an inept offense year after year … PSU has been there at times
-iowas defensive system helps them but lack of athleticism n speed hurts them on offense. Their Oline was bad last night too
UM only had 213 yards of offense last night. We had 397 yards vs Iowa. What a strange year for the Nittany Lions.

UM only had 213 yards of offense last night. We had 397 yards vs Iowa. What a strange year for the Nittany Lions.
Our offense was better against Iowa...there's no doubt. Michigan took the same approach last night as they did against us. They knew if they didn't turn the ball over they'd win.

Reactions: Ski
Michigan struggled to move the ball on Iowa. It wasn't for a lack of trying. JJ threw 30 passes last night; he threw 8 vs us.

The big difference was the rushing yards. Michigan had 66. Granted, JJ took some bad sacks and lowered their total. Still, they couldn't run the ball at all.

Conference realignment + no divisions will effectively send those from the West division into mediocrity and the BIG basement forever. Iowa, for example, will become the Arkansas of the BIG. Northwestern the Vandy, Purdue the Miss St.

Iowa, Purdue, Wisky, Minny, Northwestern have had no business winning 10 games and being in the BIG championship game. Good riddance to those trash programs and what an injustice to have MSU, PSU, OSU, and Michigan in the same division. The West never won the conference.

It's not just that PSU beat Iowa by 5 more points. We won total yds 397-76. UM only won total yds 213-155.

UM only beat MD 31-24 and total yds were close. PSU dominated MD 51-15.

What does this tell you? That teams like UM have a lot more talent than PSU? I don't think so. It tells me that some teams/coaches know how to win while other teams get tight shorts and struggle to win big games. IMO UM is the former and PSU is the latter.

P.S. Look at Alabama. They needed a late TDs to pull away from USF & Miss. They struggled to beat A&M and Ark who had combined losing records. They needed Auburn to fumble a punt before winning on a Hail Mary pass. Last night they won by 3. Yet they won all of these games. I think they EXPECTED to win in spite of the adversity. Unfortunately I think PSU HOPES to beat UM & OSU but they don't EXPECT to win those games.

It's not just that PSU beat Iowa by 5 more points. We won total yds 397-76. UM only won total yds 213-155.

What does this tell you? That teams like UM have a lot more talent than PSU? I don't think so. It tells me that some teams/coaches know how to win while other teams get tight shorts and struggle to win big games. IMO UM is the former and PSU is the latter.

P.S. Look at Alabama. They needed a late TDs to pull away from USF & Miss. They struggled to beat A&M and Ark who had combined losing records. They needed Auburn to fumble a punt before winning on a Hail Mary pass. Last night they won by 3. Yet they won all of these games. I think they EXPECTED to win in spite of the adversity. Unfortunately I think PSU HOPES to beat UM & OSU but they don't EXPECT to win those games.
Still no acknowledgement of 1 first yr starting QB. Injuries land illness to wide receivers thwarting their development and one bone head insubordinate OC designing an offensive scheme that puzzled the conscious universe.

Same old diarrhea.... from the same old sources.

I couldn’t watch knowing that PSU should have been there had they not crapped the bed vs. scUM! It was there for the taking and they went down looking not even swinging. So disappointing.

This is why the 12-team Playoff will really help PSU, OSU, and Michigan going forward. Yes, PSU lost to both but in a return match, I honestly think PSU stands a punchers chance of beating both especially with their outstanding defense. PSU has to get better QB play going forward. Michigan is losing a TON next year and I honestly think it comes down to maybe PSU and OSU with maybe one of those PAC teams challenging (Oregon, Washington, USC)

Still no acknowledgement of 1 first yr starting QB. Injuries land illness to wide receivers thwarting their development and one bone head insubordinate OC designing an offensive scheme that puzzled the conscious universe.

Same old diarrhea.... from the same old sources.
I'm pretty sure that Wallace was injured and Allar was a 1st year starting QB when we played MD yet somehow we still dominated that game.

Of course I understand that Allar is young and we had some injuries but it's not just a 2023 thing. Franklin is 3-17 against top 10 opponents. PSU had multi score Q4 leads in several of those games and this year we had competitive talent in spite of Allar's youth and injuries. You must think we just have bad luck or it's a problem with all 5 of Franklin's offensive coordinators. I think it's more than that.

This is why the 12-team Playoff will really help PSU, OSU, and Michigan going forward. Yes, PSU lost to both but in a return match, I honestly think PSU stands a punchers chance of beating both especially with their outstanding defense. PSU has to get better QB play going forward. Michigan is losing a TON next year and I honestly think it comes down to maybe PSU and OSU with maybe one of those PAC teams challenging (Oregon, Washington, USC)
The 12 team playoff will certainly be interesting but I don't think it will be easy going 10-2. USC, Washington, UCLA, OSU, and Wisconsin will all be difficult.

The 12 team playoff will certainly be interesting but I don't think it will be easy going 10-2. USC, Washington, UCLA, OSU, and Wisconsin will all be difficult.
Agree with your other teams but Wisky - in fact the whole B1G West - is a joke. The only reason Wisconsin played in so many CCGs is due to the crappy division they're in. That all changes next year

Reactions: Marylovesthelions
I'm pretty sure that Wallace was injured and Allar was a 1st year starting QB when we played MD yet somehow we still dominated that game.

Of course I understand that Allar is young and we had some injuries but it's not just a 2023 thing. Franklin is 3-17 against top 10 opponents. PSU had multi score Q4 leads in several of those games and this year we had competitive talent in spite of Allar's youth and injuries. You must think we just have bad luck or it's a problem with all 5 of Franklin's offensive coordinators. I think it's more than that.
You just can't include other pertinent facts. Why, because It doesn't fit your b******* narrative Wallace was out and so was nowhere man Yurcich. Without an OC the plays they changed and OL blocking schemes they changed did enough to beat that wussy MD program especially give most all of the great MD players are on the PSU squad. They didn't need wideouts to beat Maryland... Fat asses like you and Lando could have been PSUs wideouts and the outcome would have been the same.

I guess you're rationale is as usual something like Maryland is as good as Michigan and Ohio State. Sure, turn the lights out go back to sleep.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Westcoast24

Would not have mattered how many western titles we would have won, history says we would have lost in the championship.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT