ADVERTISEMENT

Ultimate Club Duals

zzs006

Mar 27, 2017

Goes down this weekend. A number of top kids and a few good matchups. The best potential match is at 60kg between Jax Forrest and PSU recruit Dalton Perry. Not sure if these 2 have ever met as Perry has been bigger the last couple years. Bo Bassett is entered at 57kg. Another potential great match at 63kg between Pierson Manville and Sam Herring. I love how these McCort kids put it on the line pretty much every weekend. Jax and Bassett wrestle everyone and everywhere and I really respect them never backing out of a tough match.

I don’t think that article has all the wrestlers who will be there. Hughes was saying this event was loaded with talent and lots of monsters from Eastern Pa coming. He said some teams have kids from other countries, who stayed since Journeymen.

M2 is taking a loaded squad. They are entered under meatballs to save on drama from who got asked and didn’t get asked. I think Marsteller is bring a few teams which should be loaded. Someone said this week Gibson is on a team at 60kgs too. Forest, Perry and Gibson could be worth the price of admission. Jax beats them both, Perry and Gibson will be a toss up. Who knows maybe Simcox gets on a team and Enters the party since he wasn’t asked for meatballs. Manville should handle Herring easily but you never know with the Mcort kids. Cunningham Vs Magro could be good but Asher keeps getting better and better.

I agree ZZS006, the mccort team puts it on the line every weekend. They love the fight and not scared to bang. If you look at most preseason and FS duals, it seems like the best programs have their guys there. Then everyone wonders why they win in March. UFC would love Forest and Bassett, they put their titles on the line weekly. Hopefully practice for the B10 Grind someday.

Last edited:

Goes down this weekend. A number of top kids and a few good matchups. The best potential match is at 60kg between Jax Forrest and PSU recruit Dalton Perry. Not sure if these 2 have ever met as Perry has been bigger the last couple years. Bo Bassett is entered at 57kg. Another potential great match at 63kg between Pierson Manville and Sam Herring. I love how these McCort kids put it on the line pretty much every weekend. Jax and Bassett wrestle everyone and everywhere and I really respect them never backing out of a tough match.

looks like a great event but this is my biggest pet peeve that flo does: including honorable mentions in their list of ranked wrestlers. YOU DID NOT RANK THOSE WRESTLERS, FLO! THEY ARE NOT BEING RANKED BY YOU! THEY ARE UNRANKED BECAUSE YOU DID NOT ASSIGN THEM A RANK!

anyway, looks like fun.

I couldn’t make it today. I just looked and Two PSU commits with wrestle Forest tomorrow. Gibson Vs Forest and then Perry Vs Forest. Those matches would be worth the ride and price of admission. Williams brothers Vs Gill & Bassett too. Marsteller team is very good and I don’t think they get tested at all. Does anyone know what time this starts tomorrow. Is it at the C3 or the new building. Thank you in advance

Reactions: zzs006
Meatballs asking the question: Is this the year that Larry beats The Stomach?

I couldn’t make it today. I just looked and Two PSU commits with wrestle Forest tomorrow. Gibson Vs Forest and then Perry Vs Forest. Those matches would be worth the ride and price of admission. Williams brothers Vs Gill & Bassett too. Marsteller team is very good and I don’t think they get tested at all. Does anyone know what time this starts tomorrow. Is it at the C3 or the new building. Thank you in advance
It also looks like Bassett vs Desmond should happen

Jax techs Mason Gibson! Jax got a trapped arm gut and got 10 points off it
saw the replay. Mason had the first td but it was a point as they went OB. Then Jax had a TD and tucked arm for a gzillion exposures to end it.
the matches are on flow but can't figure out who is wrestling via the 10+ mats they have showing...

Jax techs Mason Gibson! Jax got a trapped arm gut and got 10 points off it
This is one hurdle I can't get over with Free. One move (that is not a 'fall' can end it). I would enjoy the format more if a single combination were limited to 6 points max, especially considering if you get the right, gut, lace, or trap in place it's pretty much undefendable, and the opponent could score 20 points if there was enough time and mat space.

Lin Manuel Miranda Emmys 2019 GIF by Emmys

zzs- thanks for the updates. Please keep them coming. I agree that it is frustrating to not have a better way to access upcoming matches.

Reactions: Ski and zzs006
This is one hurdle I can't get over with Free. One move (that is not a 'fall' can end it). I would enjoy the format more if a single combination were limited to 6 points max, especially considering if you get the right, gut, lace, or trap in place it's pretty much undefendable, and the opponent could score 20 points if there was enough time and mat space.
Agree. I’d be ok with wrestling the first period out and if losing wrestler is not able get it back to under 10, then award the win. Probably dumb idea because I haven’t thought it out. Lol

Guts and laces are hard to defend but most time shouldn’t end matches. Freestyle is very subjective with the scoring and some of the calls are so hard to make. I was not able to make the duals today. Did they have only one ref per mat or three? One ref in freestyle is usually really hard with so many close grey type calls.

Marsteller’s club is looking really good. I was hoping m2 got a chance to wrestle them. Kudos to Chance for being there and coaching only two weekends out of the US Open.
No wonder why some people don’t want Mcort in the PIAA. Basically their school team/club was able to beat M2 and give Marsteller their best Match of the day. I just watched the Rath match. I am seriously high on this kid and a Mcort kid pushed him to the limit. You don’t even hear Magro being brought up. Jax TF’s Gibson and beats Perry. Bassett TF’s Desmond and Ziegler. I was right on Manville beating Herring, but heard it was a tough for Pierson.
Louie Gill had a day beating Kaedyn Williams, Bainey and Dillard. Why did the older Williams forfeit to Bassett?

Breakdown after the watching some matches, Colin Gaj needs to be on the radar and so does Adam waters. Coach Cael needs to be regularly getting into Marsteller’s room. Imagine getting all the m2 and Steller guys. We won’t have to leave Pa much for recruits

Marsteller’s club is looking really good. I was hoping m2 got a chance to wrestle them. Kudos to Chance for being there and coaching only two weekends out of the US Open.
No wonder why some people don’t want Mcort in the PIAA. Basically their school team/club was able to beat M2 and give Marsteller their best Match of the day. I just watched the Rath match. I am seriously high on this kid and a Mcort kid pushed him to the limit. You don’t even hear Magro being brought up. Jax TF’s Gibson and beats Perry. Bassett TF’s Desmond and Ziegler. I was right on Manville beating Herring, but heard it was a tough for Pierson.
Louie Gill had a day beating Kaedyn Williams, Bainey and Dillard. Why did the older Williams forfeit to Bassett?

Breakdown after the watching some matches, Colin Gaj needs to be on the radar and so does Adam waters. Coach Cael needs to be regularly getting into Marsteller’s room. Imagine getting all the m2 and Steller guys. We won’t have to leave Pa much for recruits
Its freestyle. Magro wouldn't sniff Rath in folk. He got big-brothered and manhandled by Manville at Powerade. Wasn't even close. He wrestled a smart FS match against Rath, but let's slow down the comparisons to Magro being on Rath's level in folk

Reactions: BrockBronson
Its freestyle. Magro wouldn't sniff Rath in folk. He got big-brothered and manhandled by Manville at Powerade. Wasn't even close. He wrestled a smart FS match against Rath, but let's slow down the comparisons to Magro being on Rath's level in folk
I agree with you on this. Rath is someone we need at PSU. He is very dynamic and never stops attacking.

Reactions: Zukovski
Magro beat Perry and Lebin at Dec 2021 Powerade.

Not saying he's at Rath's level, but he has beaten quality opponents and thus shouldn't be dismissed over one bad match.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT