ADVERTISEMENT

Unfortunately I am revising my prediction...close loss 27-19..

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
After thinking "how to beat osu" I looked again at the Michigan OSU game. Michigan had 3 long pass play tds and 2 long run play tds.

You are what you are and we simply don't have the capability for making even one long touchdown. You simply can't play in a phone booth and beat these cats.

This game brings out the heart over the head every year but this year I know better.

Up and down game and the difference is that if you can't get a couple scores from your offense from distance then you lose points as the game progresses. Ohio State 27 Penn State 19. I hope to hell and back I am wrong but until this team finds a way to make plays it will be what it has been. If, and its a big if, but IF an answer is found this Saturday, for long scores, even if we lose this game...then at HOME, without Clifford and with a kid who shines at home, I still have hope for a shot to beat Michigan.

Reactions: bluehair666
After thinking "how to beat osu" I looked again at the Michigan OSU game. Michigan had 3 long pass play tds and 2 long run play tds.

You are what you are and we simply don't have the capability for making even one long touchdown. You simply can't play in a phone booth and beat these cats.

This game brings out the heart over the head every year but this year I know better.

Up and down game and the difference is that if you can't get a couple scores from your offense from distance then you lose points as the game progresses. Ohio State 27 Penn State 19. I hope to hell and back I am wrong but until this team finds a way to make plays it will be what it has been. If, and its a big if, but IF an answer is found this Saturday, for long scores, even if we lose this game...then at HOME, without Clifford and with a kid who shines at home, I still have hope for a shot to beat Michigan.
Ah the old transitive property evaluation method utilizing a previous year’s game between two different teams to determine the outcome of a current year’s game between one other nonparticipating team. I’d really appreciate seeing the mathematical proofs of this equation. Anyway, we’re all entitled to our opinion.

I don't expect PSU to suddenly start making a lot if explosive plays on offense. Our WRs simply haven't shown the ability to stretch the field. But that doesn't mean we can't win. It probably means we have to win the turnover battle (a Grant Haley type scoop and score would sure help).

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNit2.0

Play good defense, control time of possession, move the sticks, don’t turn it over and we win. 20-14.

Play like we have been, only difference is a better opponent so instead of giving up 0 touchdowns we give up 2. Instead of scoring 30 +, we score 24.

Reactions: Psubiomed
Ah the old transitive property evaluation method utilizing a previous year’s game between two different teams to determine the outcome of a current year’s game between one other nonparticipating team. I’d really appreciate seeing the mathematical proofs of this equation. Anyway, we’re all entitled to our opinion.
This site is always fun

Sure hope all that egg on your face will sure taste delicious.

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png

Reactions: Psubiomed
I honestly believe that PSU will dink, dunk, and dominate the TOP. The defense will compliment it, keep the offense on the field, and get at least 1 turnover. They are suspect against this type of play.

Reactions: 81b&w and Psubiomed
The thing is this, just because PSU hasn't had explosive plays this year which are up to the liking of the board pundits, the talent is there and the offense is capable of hitting big plays in 1 game. It isn't like it is beyond the realm of possibility. KLS had like a 90 yard reception in the Rose Bowl and Allar has a stronger arm than Clifford. Singleton certainly can break a big one.

This is why the games are played. Ya never know.

The thing is this, just because PSU hasn't had explosive plays this year which are up to the liking of the board pundits, the talent is there and the offense is capable of hitting big plays in 1 game. It isn't like it is beyond the realm of possibility. KLS had like a 90 yard reception in the Rose Bowl and Allar has a stronger arm than Clifford. Singleton certainly can break a big one.

All this is true but 6 games against weaker competition has caused valid concern
Just like many here are concerned about Franklin's ability to win this kind of game
Doesn't mean it will be an issue but it's a logical concern.

Reactions: MacNit2.0

Scoring a TD from the 4 yard line after a 15-play drive that takes 8 minutes off the clock can be a good thing, too. Penn State has shown the ability to have long, time-consuming drives without turning the ball over this year. Just win, baby.

Thank God you posted this. I just called my bookie and cancelled my $5000 to win and put $20,0000 to lose!

Guess I owe you dinner at Ruth’s with my winnings…..

Our offense isn’t quite there. We’re just not seeing those big plays this year. Allar is special, but a year away from greatness.

This game will be decided by the defense. Get 2/3 turnovers and hold Harrison to under a 100 yrds with no TDs, we may very well win.

Agree completely...our lack of big plays is concerning, however we definitely have the personnel to open it up. Singleton is going to break a big one sooner than later.

I don't expect PSU to suddenly start making a lot if explosive plays on offense. Our WRs simply haven't shown the ability to stretch the field. But that doesn't mean we can't win. It probably means we have to win the turnover battle (a Grant Haley type scoop and score would sure help).
OSU may not generate many explosive plays either. Boiling this game down it is the defenses that have the advantage over each offense. Call that even and it comes down to special teams and turnovers.

OSU may not generate many explosive plays either. Boiling this game down it is the defenses that have the advantage over each offense. Call that even and it comes down to special teams and turnovers.
I can't get past how dominant Harrison was for OSU last year. He was clearly the difference in the game. But somehow MD & ND did OK against him this year so we'll see.

The punting game concerns me. We seem to lose 5-10 yds when we exchange punts. I think we're going to have to win the turnover battle.

I can't get past how dominant Harrison was for OSU last year. He was clearly the difference in the game. But somehow MD & ND did OK against him this year so we'll see.

The punting game concerns me. We seem to lose 5-10 yds when we exchange punts. I think we're going to have to win the turnover battle.
Well we absolutely need to contain Harrison otherwise that could be the difference. I don't like the FG kicker comparison either, advantage them as their guy has not missed all year and our guy will be nervous in a hostile environment. It would be nice to win the turnover battle. If that is even then who took better advantage of them?

This is the rare occasion where Penn State has the advantage in QB play. That's going to be a key piece in trying to pull off the upset. I only say upset due to the home field advantage, series history, and overall team talent according to most analytics. None of those things mean Ohio State is the better team THIS year.

BiG QBR:
  1. McCarthy 92.6
  2. McCord 87.2
  3. Allar 74.6
Put you on the spot here. You could pick one guy going forward to get to the playoffs, McCord or Allar? Allar has MHJ. He is far more of a running threat, and that line of Ohio State is a weakness this year. Both dudes are former 5 stars, ironically playing for the opposite team from their home state. But Allar has the experience edge, and is better suited to take a game over if it breaks down.

Fa-wart.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24
Put you on the spot here. You could pick one guy going forward to get to the playoffs, McCord or Allar? Allar has MHJ. He is far more of a running threat, and that line of Ohio State is a weakness this year. Both dudes are former 5 stars, ironically playing for the opposite team from their home state. But Allar has the experience edge, and is better suited to take a game over if it breaks down.
I think Allar is the better long term prospect but McCord has more experience by virtue of the fact he's been with the OSU program for an extra year.

Your concern about no deep threat at WR is legit. If we haven't seen it in the first 6 games why would we see it now?

That doesn't mean we can't win. It just means we have to win with defense and superior execution on offense.

I think Allar is the better long term prospect but McCord has more experience by virtue of the fact he's been with the OSU program for an extra year.
I believe that Allar has the chance to have a great career, and has performed very well in his first year as a starter. However, I'm very concerned about his lack of mobility and ability to create something out of nothing, which probably is necessary when you play OSU. At this point in his career, I'm skeptical about him being able to win a road game like this.

I have been on pins and needles since your first prognostication. Thanks for the update.

I have been on pins and needles since your first prognostication. Thanks for the update.
I have revised the pick again....
I only predict with money on games. Won’t touch this one. Allar is everything, and no idea how he will respond.
Actually the one that is under pressure is McCord: The Osu fanbase is considerably worse than ours with respect to their treatment of players.

I would love to say that white boi McCord was a phasssst talkin over compesatin' hobbit boi built fa climbing on in there but he's not. He's one a those robot pirhana doods you sawl all over Bama in the Prime Sabanator years. He's not the type that needs to start a group chat to feel bold about his hobbit self.

I have revised the pick again....

Actually the one that is under pressure is McCord: The Osu fanbase is considerably worse than ours with respect to their treatment of players.
Still think everything doesn’t depend on Allar? What a bad first half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT