ADVERTISEMENT

USA World Cup today at 1:00

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Let's go PA's own Christian Pulisic! An interesting event this morning was when the Iranian team refused to sing their national anthem.

Pulisic is a huge Penn State fan! I'm watching the USA matches and maybe a couple others, but FIFA is totally corrupt. Execs get huge bribes to put the WC in Qatar and previously in South Africa and Russia.

Reactions: McCloudersportLion
Man, I had no idea that the players for the US women's team are so HUGE! They make this microphone look tiny.

• Haha
Reactions: Fac and hlstone
So how long before the first soccer riot?

Oh...wait....never mind........

So how long before the first soccer riot?

Oh...wait....never mind........

these games are going to be messy for a lot of reasons. I saw that 7 western nations took off pro human rights arm bands because FIFA said that they'd yellow card them immediately. Qatar hasn't had anything like this to give them experience. Many of the venues are unproven. The govt is "a challenge".

and its the world cup.

But so far, mostly peaceful!

these games are going to be messy for a lot of reasons. I saw that 7 western nations took off pro human rights arm bands because FIFA said that they'd yellow card them immediately. Qatar hasn't had anything like this to give them experience. Many of the venues are unproven. The govt is "a challenge".

and its the world cup.

But so far, mostly peaceful!
And no beer

Eh..they got a point. Now we need to root for a draw between Wales and Iran, and somehow get a tie against England.
My fear is that England and Wales may collude in their game to ensure that both advance since they’re both UK countries. This has happened before in international soccer. If Wales beats Iran and the USA loses to England, I almost can guarantee that it won’t matter if the USA beats Iran. That’s why this tie was a killer.

My fear is that England and Wales may collude in their game to ensure that both advance since they’re both UK countries. This has happened before in international soccer. If Wales beats Iran and the USA loses to England, I almost can guarantee that it won’t matter if the USA beats Iran. That’s why this tie was a killer.
Then beat England and there's no problem :)

Wales is not beating Iran. We laid a turd out there today against a bad team.

Wow. Saudi Arabia defeats Argentina in, perhaps, the biggest WC upset of all time.

norf-drum.gif

21d02e5fa93e2c9d3fca4b8b36727c16.jpg

I am not optimistic about today's outcome. Wales lost to Iran making Wales (whom we tied) the worst team in the Group. England spanked Iran 6-2. We'll have to improve vastly to have a shot against England.

I am not optimistic about today's outcome. Wales lost to Iran making Wales (whom we tied) the worst team in the Group. England spanked Iran 6-2. We'll have to improve vastly to have a shot against England.
You were ALWAYS going to have to beat Iran to get in. That's how everyone saw it.
You were to say before this began "All you need to do to advance is beat Iran", then you would have taken it. Regardless of today, beat Iran and we are through. World ranks US 16th and Iran 20th going into this cup.

I'll take it. And let's use this one vs the 3 lions to gather momentum. Even a 1 goal loss will do...

Reactions: Obliviax
You were ALWAYS going to have to beat Iran to get in. That's how everyone saw it.
You were to say before this began "All you need to do to advance is beat Iran", then you would have taken it. Regardless of today, beat Iran and we are through. World ranks US 16th and Iran 20th going into this cup.

I'll take it. And let's use this one vs the 3 lions to gather momentum. Even a 1 goal loss will do...
yep...just hate losing to the Brits. We have history.

george-washington-dodge.gif

Reactions: Psugo823
The lack of offense is terrifying. Hopefully they can get a couple.
They played a great game and arguably were the better team today. Considering how young this team is, they should be ready to go deep in four years when this tournament will be here. Unfortunately, we still struggle to score against the best teams, and even teams like Wales.

By the way, Iran looked like a totally different team today and completely outplayed Wales. They won’t be easy for the USA to beat. I just hope that Iran plays for a tie, because I think that we can exploit that if Iran decides to “bunker.”

• 2 Games
  • 1 Goal
  • 0 Wins
  • 0 Losses
Somebody should have told me how exciting this game is.
Exactly….pretty sad when the highlights of the game are near misses. I’m sure one goal in two games will get youngsters all over the country to hurry and quit boring sports like football and basketball to sign up for 0-0.

Reactions: bison13 and bdgan
Reminds me of the time I was having lunch with a partner who said he watched a great show the night before the 10 greatest goals in World Cup history. I asked him if he wasn’t sure that it was the only 10 goals in World Cup history. Ugh.
Here you go - 10 of the best from the “Ginger Prince”, Paul Scholes, one of the best central midfielders ever. An amazing long ball passer and known for scoring from a long way out - hard to believe a little guy like him had such power. 6,5,3 and 1 are worth your time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT