ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Sr World Team Trials, Sept 14-15

Maybe not such a bad thing that Blaze missed making the team...

giphy.gif

Gun to your head in a straight match, you would take Kennedy in a folk match?

Yes, at least Kennedy has some offense. Arnold is a 1-TD wrestler ... if that ... against anyone ranked.

BTW, Kennedy recently qualified for U23s. The last we saw Arnold he went down two straight to a HSer at U20s ... with 0 TDs.

That last passivity call changed everything about the end of the match. Stole the drama from us.
I went and re-watched the action prior to Blaze being put on the clock again. I don't get it. Blaze was holding center for nearly all of the 1:11 in mat time that elapsed prior to the call and Vito had two deep sprawls that took him far from center. Based on what I have seen in the past, I think international officials would have either called nothing or put Vito on the clock. Any freestyle officials out there who want to wade in on this?

Reactions: 82bordeaux
Jordan sounding pretty upset about how he feels he was treated at Penn State during the Olympic Trials:

He'll live. Reliving something that happened four months ago is wasted energy. I wonder if he is still pretty upset at Manning for egging the fans on?

My post after JB in state college

He is a legend but let’s put it to rest.

He talked Sh.t on PSU on multiple occasions.
He talked sh.t on Marstellar who is a PA hs legend and finished his collegiate career not 15 miles from BJC
He stated going after CS knee on national tv ( better left unsaid- unwritten rules)
His coach makes accusations regularly

If you think the red carpet was going to be rolled out with a party sendoff...........

I do not like some things that come out of CS mouth. I wish the fans at the trials would have been better, but...
Pa and psu has a rabid wrestling fanbase(for better and worse) and if either believes you did them wrong and you come into their house expecting flowers......good luck.

Go to a bitter rival hs dual in PA.
What you see and hear there will make what JB heard pale in comparison.

My post after JB in state college
On top of that. If he had glued his socks up and didn't come across as a dead-tired, stalling wuss the fan reaction would not have been so vile.
Quit freaking whining, it reinforces the "wuss" perception.
Hell, JB was such a dick about everything Kyle Dake felt obligated to make a statement that was a jab at JB.

On top of that. If he had glued his socks up and didn't come across as a dead-tired, stalling wuss the fan reaction would not have been so vile.
Quit freaking whining, it reinforces the "wuss" perception.
Hell, JB was such a dick about everything Kyle Dake felt obligated to make a statement that was a jab at JB.
Yep. JB is an ambassador for the sport only when things are going well for him. He is as magnanimous as they come.

When things are not going well, another JB surfaces.

Jordan sounding pretty upset about how he feels he was treated at Penn State during the Olympic Trials:

Damn. I’ve seen Nolf do some crazy stuff on the mat, but he just hurt this guys feelings. Can hear Byers yelling it. “Jason shoots off the whistle and it looks like he’s about to….JASON JUST HURT HIS FEELINGS!!! RIGHT IN THE SELF-ESTEEM!!”THAT’S GONNA HURT FOR MONTHS!!

Last edited:
Jordan has had a wonderfully career and done a lot for the wrestling community. But his constant chirping, borderline dirty wrestling, and butt hurt attitude makes it really hard to root for him.
Burroughs is a great wrestler and champion, but he is also such a drama queen weenie.

“The fans at Penn State hurt my feelings! I need to be idolized!” Awww…poor f*cking baby. Get over yourself…it’s only wrestling.

All of JB's points came off push outs. He couldn't take Levi down. Levi is the only opponent JB couldn't takedown in the tournament. If JB can't take Levi down, then it's not looking good for any of Levi's college opponents.

The physical strength Levi displays is mind boggling. He only gave up three takedowns in the entire tournament, one to Carr & two to Wick. Hopefully, Flo posts the Levi vs O'Toole match. That was an exceptional performance by Levi.

Last edited:
Here is a phenomenal display of strength by Levi. How many wrestlers could finish a takedown like this?

Levi shoots, O'Toole sprawls. Levi is flat on his belly with his feet off the mat, but he keeps his hands locked around the leg.

Levi starts driving forward with his legs. O'Toole keeps sprawling.

Levi works to his knees. O'Toole is still sprawling.

Levi sucks in the leg before finishing off the takedown.

Here is a phenomenal display of strength by Levi. How many wrestlers could finish a takedown like this?

Levi shoots, O'Toole sprawls. Levi is flat on his belly with his feet off the mat, but he keeps his hands locked around the leg.

Levi starts driving forward with his legs. O'Toole keeps sprawling.

Levi works to his knees. O'Toole is still sprawling.

Levi sucks in the leg before finishing off the takedown.
I want him on my side at Festivus.
dfec4272-3054-4e93-848a-70e9503896cc_text.gif

Reminder that Facundo beat Levi (with TDs) a few months ago at the oly trials. Among Levi, Mitchell and Alex, only Levi can shirt this season.
Reminder that Beau has a RS as well. So does Lilledahl as a true FR. Come to think of it, AB has a RS last year as well.

Plus, are you seriously positing that Facundo will be standing in Levi's way when he takes the mat this year?

Reminder that Facundo beat Levi (with TDs) a few months ago at the oly trials. Among Levi, Mitchell and Alex, only Levi can shirt this season.
While true, Levi seems a different guy at 79kg than he was at 74kg. 157 must have been a very hard cut. Harder than I realized. Just imagine what Levi will be like in 6 months after living and wrestling at 174 for a season. I hope he doesn't RS. I love the new and improved Levi.

Reminder that Beau has a RS as well. So does Lilledahl as a true FR. Come to think of it, AB has a RS last year as well.

Plus, are you seriously positing that Facundo will be standing in Levi's way when he takes the mat this year?
Again, Willie and others (was it iron head?) said Levi is shirting this season.

And I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Facundo is beating him. In fact, we saw it happen a few months ago.

Reactions: creamery freak

Would it be preposterous for a person to beat another 6-0 in free then be better in folk 7 months later?

And I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that Facundo is beating him. In fact, we saw it happen a few months ago.
possible yes.. but that freestyle win doesn't mean a whole lot IMO.. Facundo is a more polished freestyle wrestler.. Levi has shown far more superiority at folk...

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
I think all of us would be on board with this possibility, if not the likelihood, if it weren't for the somewhat shocking revilation that Alex certified where he did, and seems to look pretty skinny, after seeing him bulked up not that long ago.

It seemed at one time that 174 was the plan, and Alex was looking big.
Then....? Something must have changed last spring or early summer. It could be that Levi simply said he doesn't want to shirt, but if he is willing, why would Alex have to drop 2 weight classes? Does that mean that Zach Ryder also refused to shirt and can beat Alex? If so then what happens next year? Levi goes and Zach shirts then? My head hurts.

I am jazzed for Levi, especially after his performance this weekend, especially the O'Toole match. One can't help but feel badly for Alex for sure, even if he goes 157, this can't be the funnest of developments for him.

Although Facundo has shown potential with freestyle, I haven't seen (yet) where he is at the same level with folkstyle as Haines.

And to be clear, few wrestlers have shown the ability to wrestle folkstyle at the same level as Haines.

Last edited:
Let me just say... I hate you all for the "problems" you have.

Just to kinda put this all in perspective - the coaches WANTED Levi to shirt and Alex to have the spot at 174. But Levi doesn't want to shirt. Wants to do his 4 and then move on.

Levi is and always will be the better folkstyler. His performance at OTT was just more of him being tired from a long season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT