ADVERTISEMENT

Football VIDEO: Penn State WRs coach Marques Hagans looking forward to year one

What I found most informative was the fact they want them to be "receivers", Not limited to one position. Need them to undersand all positions in case of injuries. Gave no specifics on depth chart or players. Other than indicated Cephas is working hard to get he playbook down and has a good attitude. Alot of coach speak.
I guess we shall see who is getting reps on Sept 2nd.

What I found most informative was the fact they want them to be "receivers", Not limited to one position. Need them to undersand all positions in case of injuries. Gave no specifics on depth chart or players. Other than indicated Cephas is working hard to get he playbook down and has a good attitude. Alot of coach speak.
I guess we shall see who is getting reps on Sept 2nd.
Yep, a lot of coach speak.

Good goal of every WR leaning every position. But with the limited experience of the majority of the WR's I'd rather have a group of WR's that has at least one WR that is a standout at one of the WR positions.

He said it gives you a good feeling when you can put any of the WR at any of the postions, but what the team needs is to line up 3 WR at the 3 positions that excel at the positions they are in the game to play, along with have 3 capable backups, one at each of the 3 positions.......

Yep, a lot of coach speak.

Good goal of every WR leaning every position. But with the limited experience of the majority of the WR's I'd rather have a group of WR's that has at least one WR that is a standout at one of the WR positions.

He said it gives you a good feeling when you can put any of the WR at any of the postions, but what the team needs is to line up 3 WR at the 3 positions that excel at the positions they are in the game to play, along with have 3 capable backups, one at each of the 3 positions.......
Hopefully he can find 6 he feels comfortable playing who can get some separation, run correct routes, catch the ball consistently, and block. That's what competent WRs do.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT