ADVERTISEMENT

Was this the best game in the last 7 years?

More than anything, I think it was the "introduction" of Tyler Warren and Drew Allar to the nation that was sleeping on us a bit
Plus, we now know AK can open things up if needed

Open it up is an understatement. The play with Warren snapping the ball may be the best schemed TD I’ve ever seen. I’m trying to think of something comparable.

It was a great game, although I wish it weren’t so close. It was also Drew’s 1st big boy moment. Huge numbers in a come from behind win and nearly perfect in clutch situations.

Reactions: mhlarch
It's hard to remember because the season ended so sucky, but the 2021 Wisconsin game to open the season was similar. And IIRC PSU was an underdog in that game.
Throwing out how the season ended, being a defensive battle probably doesn't lend to fonder memories as today's offensive output.

Coming off 2020's 4-5, it was a huge road win.

Throwing out how the season ended, being a defensive battle probably doesn't lend to fonder memories as today's offensive output.

Coming off 2020's 4-5, it was a huge road win.
Maybe regarding the offense, but it was a massive game for the defense - Wisconsin got to 1st and goal and ended up being intercepted with 2 minutes left. Then got the ball back and then drove and ended up getting intercepted to end the game. And PSU only won by 6 so giving up a TD would have likely been a loss.

Like I said, it ended up being lost in the general suckitude of that season but it was a huge win at the time. Especially as you said coming off a losing season.

Reactions: lazydave841
Maybe regarding the offense, but it was a massive game for the defense - Wisconsin got to 1st and goal and ended up being intercepted with 2 minutes left. Then got the ball back and then drove and ended up getting intercepted to end the game. And PSU only won by 6 so giving up a TD would have likely been a loss.

Like I said, it ended up being lost in the general suckitude of that season but it was a huge win at the time. Especially as you said coming off a losing season.

Agree 100%.

Warren will be getting a lot of attention going forward....time for WRs and RBs to step it up. Allar really looked like a leader yesterday. I am usually negative, but had a feeling and said it a lot yesterday that we will find a way to win. Our OLine and Dline out played USC......our LBs are not very instinctual........ KJ Winston would help clean up many of the long runs with a great tackler at Safety. Thought that #7 Washington played well yesterday......happy for Fleming after a brutal first half....big, big plays in 2nd half.

Warren will be getting a lot of attention going forward....time for WRs and RBs to step it up

The more attention teams pay to Warren, the better our offense could play as far as spreading the wealth. Singleton's TD catch is a prime example. He chipped and then swung to the flat and there was nobody around.

I hope the bye week gets Singleton healthy, but I also wouldn't be opposed to using Martin at Wisky in 2 weeks either.

Reactions: RickinDayton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT