ADVERTISEMENT

We all get it! Moorhead's O gets 99 pts/game! However,

emrtmakesshiteup

Oct 17, 2012
TMc, with our dominant WRs and TE is good enough that he would excel in any offense. Can only imagine the carnage he would leave in an I or pro set with SB back there, even with our OL!

Reactions: drblue1977
I think this OL is more suited for a conventional blocking scheme. They aren't athletic enough for the scheme we are running. Square peg round hole.

What, they don't run a 4.5 40? Other than Chaz Wright, slowed by his ankle, there is no shortage of OL athleticism in this group of predominantly young OL. How have you missed the musical chairs game that has plagued this unit?

What, they don't run a 4.5 40? Other than Chaz Wright, slowed by his ankle, there is no shortage of OL athleticism in this group of predominantly young OL. How have you missed the musical chairs game that has plagued this unit?
Now i get it. It's the chairs they keep stumbling over.

So you want the defense to have even more guys in the box for our inept OL to deal with?

Finally, someone understands the concept. The more guys in the backfield means more defenders in the box. When you don't have to account for the flanked out offensive player, you drop the defender in the box. We are struggling to block the mostly six we see now. Hey, great idea, let's try to block 7 or 8. SMDH.

Reactions: mtnlion
Finally, someone understands the concept. The more guys in the backfield means more defenders in the box. When you don't have to account for the flanked out offensive player, you drop the defender in the box. We are struggling to block the mostly six we see now. Hey, great idea, let's try to block 7 or 8. SMDH.
You can pass. I think it's even legal to pass to a running back. Dbs one on one with our wide receivers and tight end, linebacker on Barkley is a favorable match up.

You can pass. I think it's even legal to pass to a running back. Dbs one on one with our wide receivers and tight end, linebacker on Barkley is a favorable match up.
Barkley is typically covered by a LB now.

so your saying that little" lets pull gesicki in tight" 12 times a game is different?? Jo mo's formations are doing the exact same thing you are railing against and now add 5 second handoffs 7 yards behind the LOS and walla ---awesome plan

the point is we are not spreading out wide enough so might as well go to an I formation anyway

the secondary point is and no one here wants to acknowledge is OSU and MSU dropped their guys down into the box anyway regardless of what we did. Where is the counter to that Jo Mo? Did it ever occur to just run a hurry up so:
a) they dont do that
b) put the defense on its heels even if the play net results zero?

I would rather have a zero net result versus a negative 5 every damn time.

but no we get to the line and spend 10 seconds looking at pictures then turn around and see the defense is in a different alignment then we thought ----oh shit now what ----- I know lets RPO and see what happens... NET RESULT #2 in negative yard plays

so your saying that little" lets pull gesicki in tight" 12 times a game is different?? Jo mo's formations are doing the exact same thing you are railing against and now add 5 second handoffs 7 yards behind the LOS and walla ---awesome plan

the point is we are not spreading out wide enough so might as well go to an I formation anyway

the secondary point is and no one here wants to acknowledge is OSU and MSU dropped their guys down into the box anyway regardless of what we did. Where is the counter to that Jo Mo? Did it ever occur to just run a hurry up so:
a) they dont do that

but no we get to the line and spend 10 seconds looking at pictures then turn around and see the defense is in a different alignment then we thought ----oh shit now what ----- I know lets RPO and see what happens... NET RESULT #2 in negative yard plays
NSFW....

Doesn't that include OSU and MSU?

Yes. IMHO we are a missed block on a punt rush and a dropped 4th quarter slant pass from being undefeated.

The real rub is that somehow we thought that the defense would allow us to run the ball in the 4th quarter when we hand't been able to do so for the first three quarters.

a) they dont do that

Net result is nearly 38 points per game.

The objective is to win the game

You mean it’s not just to hit an arbitrary point total or to win the first 3 quarters? In the last 3 losses we have been outscored by a combined score of 42-3 in the 4th quarter. Anyone who tries to pin that alll on one side of the ball or just on the players or just the coaches is seriously missing the point. It’s a team failure. It’s also a real opportunity for improvement. Franklin knows it.

Reactions: WDLion
I think all of you who know what we can do to get a better result from the athletes we have on the team should present a write-up to Franklin, copy Joe Mo. and then come in to lasch and present it to our clueless Staff.
Think of the service you would be doing for the Staff, the athletes, the School. Such would be so appreciated and you might be able to parley that into a very lucrative position in the organization.

38ppg and 10-2 is great. We get it. That's not the argument.
You are correct. That is not the argument. 10-2 compared to few years ago is outstanding. 10-2 with our expectations is mediocre. Still good, mind you, but with our level talent, the fans were expecting more. Not an unfair assumption on the fans' part

You are correct. That is not the argument. 10-2 compared to few years ago is outstanding. 10-2 with our expectations is mediocre. Still good, mind you, but with our level talent, the fans were expecting more. Not an unfair assumption on the fans' part

You over estimated the talent. Skill talent is there, trenches are still being built. Franklin is so far ahead of schedule that people think this team is Bama loaded, it's not.

10-2 this year meets my expectations going into the season. My gripe is what could've and probably should've been.

You over estimated the talent. Skill talent is there, trenches are still being built. Franklin is so far ahead of schedule that people think this team is Bama loaded, it's not.

I agree entirely. While I do wonder about the decision to keep Mahon at OG, it seems to me that there is confusion out there within the OL unit. Experience will get this worked out and more depth will eliminate all this shuffling around on the unit.

I'm more concerned about the defense. We need an upgrade on the interior line, and a major upgrade at LB. The D-ends just need to mature and the DB position is the best I've ever seen at PSU.

I understand that fans need to complain but PSU Football is in a pretty good place right now.

My expectation for this team from the start of thevseason was 10-2 with loss to either OSU, Northwestern or Iowa. Unfortunately, the 2nd loss was within our division. I'm was never a believer that the RPO is an offense that can consistently run the ball as needed in this division and conference to keep us on top. Teams have figured out the achilles heal. The OL is still a work in progress, with no real useable depth beyond six players. Additionally, #88's blocking has been very dissappointing. When Bates went down and with Wright still hobbled, the options were limited. The two most experienced DEs are out and those remaing are either undersized or less experienced. All I would like to see is some 2 back sets and more utilization of outside runs or RBs as slot receivers. Overall, given the injury situation and lack of depth, a 10-2 finish along with a bowl victory (11-2) would be excellent.

I agree entirely. While I do wonder about the decision to keep Mahon at OG, it seems to me that there is confusion out there within the OL unit. Experience will get this worked out and more depth will eliminate all this shuffling around on the unit.

I'm more concerned about the defense. We need an upgrade on the interior line, and a major upgrade at LB. The D-ends just need to mature and the DB position is the best I've ever seen at PSU.

I understand that fans need to complain but PSU Football is in a pretty good place right now.
Help is on the way!!!

Help > Slipknot > Franklin's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT