ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome Seth Nevills

Look, this shouldn't come as a surprise to Iowa fans, or ANY wrestling fans who understand the connection, the HISTORICAL connection, between Penn State, and Pennsylvania high school wrestling. Gavin felt the love too strong to deny it, and Spencer was meant to move on and explore the world outside of our state and wrestle for ANOTHER storied, great University. Iowa, Penn State, I don't get the hate. I'm banned on HR and even they know how I have nothing but love and respect for Hawkeye wrestling. But I digress...

Two great kids, two different paths, but will always be friends. Everyone understand?
Bet my house if Spencer had to make the decision all over it would be different now...Iowa is going down lower each year and now Iowa State is about ready to take over that state in wrestling in a couple years....You don't think St. Johns B. Met and the Iowa State top Ast who coached with them at Iowa and had a falling out will be telling great recruits what it is really like to wrestle for Brands ? Just saying....

Wow. That thread is full of crocodile tears.
They had a perfectly good thread going about fund raising and making their program as enticing as it could be (instead of relying on past glories to sustain them), and then they revive a bunch of conspiracy theories.

The Brands show reticence in using modern social media to broaden their outreach and rely on Morningstar it seems to do most of their recruiting legwork; Cael shows up at Suriano's house at 12:01 am on the first day he can meet with him to land a must need recruit.

I wonder which approach works best?

And it's baffling when kids would prefer to have family travel a few hours by car to see them compete rather than sporadic flights or day long driving nightmares.

Bet my house if Spencer had to make the decision all over it would be different now...Iowa is going down lower each year and now Iowa State is about ready to take over that state in wrestling in a couple years....You don't think St. Johns B. Met and the Iowa State top Ast who coached with them at Iowa and had a falling out will be telling great recruits what it is really like to wrestle for Brands ? Just saying....
I dunno brother. I got no problems with Tom or Terry. They're not perfect, but they have heart and they seem like good men to me. I've been through hell and back in my life, and I think I know something about people. I might be wrong, because I'm wrong about as much shit as I'm right about. Dunno.

I dunno brother. I got no problems with Tom or Terry. They're not perfect, but they have heart and they seem like good men to me. I've been through hell and back in my life, and I think I know something about people. I might be wrong, because I'm wrong about as much shit as I'm right about. Dunno.
I agree with that. They are goofily intense, but I don't see any pretense. I think they are attempting to change with the times and we'll see if the newfound determination throughout the program leads to a renaissance. That said, any renaissance will have to contend with Cael for as long as he stays here.

Ryan, on the other hand, wears me out.

Reactions: BigFreddy
The Brands show reticence in using modern social media to broaden their outreach and rely on Morningstar it seems to do most of their recruiting legwork; Cael shows up at Suriano's house at 12:01 am on the first day he can meet with him to land a must need recruit.

I wonder which approach works best?

And it's baffling when kids would prefer to have family travel a few hours by car to see them compete rather than sporadic flights or day long driving nightmares.

Great point on the Cael visit to the Suriano residence.

Also, the Nolf/Teasdale relationship is underrated.

Teasdale knew Nolf for years through Young Guns and Gavin always looked up to Jason.

Those nuts on HR act like Teasdale's only friend in the entire state of Pennsylvania is Spencer Lee.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa

Teasdale knew Nolf for years through Young Guns and Gavin always looked up to Jason.

Those nuts on HR act like Teasdale's only friend in the entire state of Pennsylvania is Spencer Lee.
Several posters on HR and other boards made fun of Cael's midnight trip. More level-headed posters saw it for the masterful closing job it was and wished their staff would copy it.
If GT is like most kids in the state, he probably has 50+ 1st level connections to PSU and a bunch more attenuated connections.

Reactions: diggerpup
Look at their spring....
4th at nationals
Gilman lost in semis
GT flipped
ISU happened
Metcalf to ISU happened
HWC not really going to factor again this freestyle cycle by the looks of it
Spencer got hurt

oh and ISU happened

Thats a lot of bad news in a couple of months. They'll be fine by 2020

I agree with that. They are goofily intense, but I don't see any pretense. I think they are attempting to change with the times and we'll see if the newfound determination throughout the program leads to a renaissance. That said, any renaissance will have to contend with Cael for as long as he stays here.

Ryan, on the other hand, wears me out.

Ryan is tedious. Agreed.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Look at their spring....
4th at nationals
Gilman lost in semis
GT flipped
ISU happened
Metcalf to ISU happened
Spencer got hurt

oh and ISU happened

I don't want that. If you were playing Penn State in the early 2000's, you knew someday they'd return stronger. Same with Iowa.

P.S., you won't see this message because you have me on ignore.

The same "ignore", that you criticized me for having so many people on, last year.

Can some of you guys who've seen a decent amount of Seth matches comment on the differences in style between the two brothers? Wish Coach Tirapelle were still around here posting , maybe he'll drive by ...

Look at their spring....
4th at nationals
Gilman lost in semis
GT flipped
ISU happened
Metcalf to ISU happened
Spencer got hurt

oh and ISU happened

Look at their spring....
4th at nationals
Gilman lost in semis
GT flipped
ISU happened
Metcalf to ISU happened
Spencer got hurt

oh and ISU happened

Thats a lot of bad news in a couple of months. They'll be fine by 2020[/QUOTE
Yes it was.".Like they say shit happens".
Well Dennis will be back and that will most likely be about it for anyone doing some good. Clark has to heal so be a year or so.

Teasdale
RBY
Wittlake
Seth Nevills
Joe Lee
One more TBD

With a class like that, who will blame Intermat when they once again name NCSt or N'western as the #1 recruiting class. :confused:

Yes, but I'm thinking we have a solid chance at number two :)

Reactions: diggerpup
Cael has only had one top-ranked recruiting class since he arrived at PSU. Maybe he'll finally get number two!

Cael has one less #1 recruiting class at PSU so far than Tom Brands has at Iowa, btw.

This class has ##2, 3, 4, 5 and 14 on Intermat and 2, 3, 4, 10 and 34 on Flo. If this class isn't #1, I'll be absolutely shocked and the ranking source will be forever discredited. ;)

damn, go away from the board for several hours, and look what I miss.

excellent news, on multiple levels.

as Willie has said several times (per college coaches), the hardest two weights to recruit for are the bookends, 125 and 285. Big Snacks is not a tweener, or someone that needs to grow into the weight. He should be a great member of the PSU wrestling team, after his brother is done wrestling 285 for PSU.

I used to think you were a decent guy until I saw your latest post over on the Iowa board ... really you are stooping this low now?

minnhawkeyeHR All-American
NewHow is your new president at Penn State coming along?
He gonna cover up shit like the one before him?
Just think it is such a great place and had such sick guys running it.
So I know it has nothing to do with the wrestling however; if something
does come up gonna cover it again? JoPa and them have no one to
blame for losing his great accomplishments. Be sad if something
did come about the great Cael..I'm not pissing and whining just saying
like it is.

giphy.gif

I used to think you were a decent guy until I saw your latest post over on the Iowa board ... really you are stooping this low now?

like it is.

Yep. Him And Chief showing some true colors

Gavin is very close with Cenzo and Hall now to guys. He was with them during the whole state tournament....He is tight with a lot of them now !!!!

Reactions: penst8
Any fan of an opposing fan base who plays the "Ped State" card because their own team sucks should be forced to educate himself on the full story of the Sandusky situation and how similar abusive monsters operate.

A handful of administrators, CYS & state police who either were duped and/or failed miserably to report 15-20 years ago do not reflect the 40,000 Penn State undergrads, and 100,000s of Penn State alumni and supporters.

These opposing fans play the "Ped State" card because they realize they've already lost the argument trying to rationalize why their program can't compete.

Any fan of an opposing fan base who plays the "Ped State" card because their own team sucks should be forced to educate himself on the full story of the Sandusky situation and how similar abusive monsters operate.

A handful of administrators, CYS & state police who either were duped and/or failed miserably to report do not reflect the 40,000 Penn State undergrads, and 100,000s of Penn State alumni and supporters.

These opposing fans play the "Ped State" card because they realize they've already lost the argument trying to rationalize why their program can't compete.
You are a total asshole, but you are damn right about this.

A handful of administrators, CYS & state police who either were duped and/or failed miserably to report 15-20 years ago do not reflect the 40,000 Penn State undergrads, and 100,000s of Penn State alumni and supporters.

That type of cheap fall back is like a Corollary to Godwin's Law (using the Nazi card and losing the argument). A sports fan utters the term Ped State and his opinion is immediately rendered invalid.

like it is.
Iowa fans feel entitled. The Hawkeyes dominated the college wrestling landscape for so long, they now feel they are somehow being wronged because it's Penn States turn. Hell, they hate losing so much they are over there now trying to BUY a championship with their fundraising.

Cael has one less #1 recruiting class at PSU so far than Tom Brands has at Iowa, btw.

This class has ##2, 3, 4, 5 and 14 on Intermat and 2, 3, 4, 10 and 34 on Flo. If this class isn't #1, I'll be absolutely shocked and the ranking source will be forever discredited. ;)

Where does Beard fall on those lists? TIA

like it is.
The worst part of tomorrow morning's hangover is gonna be looking in the mirror and seeing Josh Lowe staring back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT