ADVERTISEMENT

What’s your pre-game routine?

creamery

Jul 28, 2009
Some summer banter to pass the time til Morgantown….

What’s your pre-game routine??

We’re Coming from Philly area - takes @3.5 hours - we take 322W - like to get there 3-4 hours ahead of time to avoid the headache of traffic
-usually tailgate a little and really like to see the team come in
-Try to get a ‘high five’ from Coach Franklin (quick story - one time he passed me, came back and apologized, and gave the high five)
-like to walk up Curtain Ave to see the displays, food etc but there’s less appealing stuff now than there used to be
-get a ‘Game day’ Collegian - roster for the game - articles post game
-go in the stadium @1.5 hours before kickoff - like to watch both teams warmup, especially the QBs and kickers
-sometimes go to the tunnel to watch the team come out, that gets a little wild
-get to seats (WJ), watch the Blue Band, cheer on PSU to victory

what’s your pre-game routine???

We’re Coming from Philly area - takes @3.5 hours - we take 322W - like to get there 3-4 hours ahead of time to avoid the headache of traffic
-Try to get a ‘high five’ from Coach Franklin (quick story - one time he passed me, came back and apologized, and gave the high five)
-like to walk up Curtain Ave to see the displays, food etc but there’s less appealing stuff now than there used to be
-go in the stadium @1.5 hours before kickoff - like to watch both teams warmup, especially the QBs and kickers

Well, I live in PSU hell. Ann Arbor. So my routine is to do whatever work needs to be done such that I can sit down and watch PSU on my very lovely Sony 65" A95K.

I hate noon games. Screws up the whole day. With 3:30 games, I can get a damn near a full day in before kickoff.

What row in WJ? I'm in 44.

My routine is record the game so I can start watching 30-45 minutes late and fast forward through commercials. Haven’t attended for a while but have tickets for the SC game.

Reactions: Obliviax
What row in WJ? I'm in 44.
I believe we’re row 29 odd side. Right up against the rail, which I thought would be a problem, but I like it there at the end of the row. Don’t have to get up n down for people passing through. And I can easily go down to the Visitor tunnel and boo Mich and OSU.

Pregame I draw up both Franklin’s termination papers and contract extension depending on the outcome of the game. I also look up the suicide help hotline to have available if there are questionable coaching decisions that end up in failed 2 point conversions or 4th down conversions.

Reactions: creamery
I I chalk up and play pool for about two hours before the afternoon games. I chalk up early, play and then rest and wait for the game. Until now. I'll just play pool

I believe we’re row 29 odd side. Right up against the rail, which I thought would be a problem, but I like it there at the end of the row. Don’t have to get up n down for people passing through. And I can easily go down to the Visitor tunnel and boo Mich and OSU.
Never get seats near the aisle. People, especially kids, constantly on the move.

You have it nailed! Does the Blue Band still perform at BJC before heading to the stadium? I have not been to a game in a few years. When you say you go to the tunnel is it to watch them come out for pregame warmups?

You have it nailed! Does the Blue Band still perform at BJC before heading to the stadium? I have not been to a game in a few years. When you say you go to the tunnel is it to watch them come out for pregame warmups?
Blue Band no longer plays pregame in BJC, which is a shame. They used to also play a 12 o’clock game on the big screen in there. They do allow people to use the bathrooms and stay warm in there but in the concourse only.

I go down to the tunnel area about 30 minutes before kickoff to watch the team come out of the locker room and go out the tunnel. They have the blue and white lights flashing and smoke going which is pretty cool. But it’s a battleground with the drunk college kids (and some adults) down there. Not for the faint of heart. Trade off is I miss the blue band playing some….

Blue Band no longer plays pregame in BJC, which is a shame. They used to also play a 12 o’clock game on the big screen in there. They do allow people to use the bathrooms and stay warm in there but in the concourse only.

I go down to the tunnel area about 30 minutes before kickoff to watch the team come out of the locker room and go out the tunnel. They have the blue and white lights flashing and smoke going which is pretty cool. But it’s a battleground with the drunk college kids (and some adults) down there. Not for the faint of heart. Trade off is I miss the blue band playing some….
My dream is to get a field pass and not just for warmups but throughout the game. I think there are a few of those. That is a shame about the Blue Band not playing BJC anymore. I have great memories as a kid sitting in Beaver Stadium watching the Blue Band pre game with my Dad. I also loved watching the Nittany Lion do his one armed push ups after a Penn State score!

One of the coolest things is going to a White Out and experiencing the excitement and anticipation with pre-game starting with the Blue Band entrance. Doesn't get any better than that!

I'm only a little under 90 minutes from the stadium so it's a little easier. I have kids at PSU so we get there as early as possible regardless of game time or weather. It's really all about tailgating, listening to some music, talking to other nearby groups, feeding lots of people, flip cup at the top of every hour, plus whatever other interesting drinking games my group can come up with. So that means lots of prep work on Friday, packing/logistics/setup on Saturday and then clean up on Sunday.

I don't really have any interest in seeing the team come in. I've done that plenty of times. I usually catch the blue band pregame once or twice a year but otherwise I try to get in as close to game time as possible.

I don't need a lot of that extra game day stuff at Beaver Stadium. I get enough with traveling to one or two away games a year plus the bowl game. This year I had planned on Morgantown and Wisconsin but it looks like we're only going to Wisconsin since I didn't get WVU tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT