ADVERTISEMENT

What are your predictions for the Eagles?

Michael.Felli

Mar 19, 2013
A lot of people I work with play Fantasy Football. I asked many what they think the Eagles chances are this year. Everyone said they WILL make the playoffs; their offense will put up an average of 40 points per game.

I do think the Eagles will make the playoffs. After that, it's luck as well as talent. To illustrate my point, when the Phillies won it all in 2008, I thought the Phillies were better than the Brewers but didn't match up well with the Cubs (which I thought were a pretty good team). But, then the Cubs were like the Bad News Bears against the Dodgers. The Phillies matched up pretty well against the Dodgers. And, just like that, the Phillies were in the World Series.

I think you need some happenstance sometimes. Maybe, Lady Luck will finally smile on the Eagles this year.

MY PREDICTION: 13-3, NFC Champions and Super Bowl Champions!!!!!!

Chip Kelly is the preseason master. He throws his full playbook at vanilla defenses and gets the Iggles fans all gitty. I think the Iggles go 10-6 AGAIN. That may be enough to win the dismal NFC East. First round knockout in the playoffs.

With all of the off-season moves, this year will make Chip Kelly either a "genius" or a "goat". I'm going with 9-7 and possibly squeaking into the playoffs. If so, they will play at Chicago where a freak fog rolls in and lose when Parkey goes wide right on an easy FG when he can't see the uprights.

3-13, Bradford gets knocked out by week 4, Kelly gets canned and returns to College with Washington State. They go on to lose 4 stright playoff games.

Chip Kelly is the preseason master. He throws his full playbook at vanilla defenses and gets the Iggles fans all gitty. I think the Iggles go 10-6 AGAIN. That may be enough to win the dismal NFC East. First round knockout in the playoffs.

While this may be factually true, it is misleading in the context you put it in. Chip Kelly has about 4 runs and maybe 6 core passing concepts. That's it. In fact, it's generally accepted that he runs the simplest offense in the NFL. If tried dumbing it down even further for the sake of preseason, it'd probably look a lot like this:
hqdefault.jpg

Bradford will be gone within the first month, then you have sanchez, 9-7, only because the redskins/giants are horrible.

A lot of people I work with play Fantasy Football. I asked many what they think the Eagles chances are this year. Everyone said they WILL make the playoffs; their offense will put up an average of 40 points per game.

I do think the Eagles will make the playoffs. After that, it's luck as well as talent. To illustrate my point, when the Phillies won it all in 2008, I thought the Phillies were better than the Brewers but didn't match up well with the Cubs (which I thought were a pretty good team). But, then the Cubs were like the Bad News Bears against the Dodgers. The Phillies matched up pretty well against the Dodgers. And, just like that, the Phillies were in the World Series.

I think you need some happenstance sometimes. Maybe, Lady Luck will finally smile on the Eagles this year.

MY PREDICTION: 13-3, NFC Champions and Super Bowl Champions!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT