ADVERTISEMENT

What the nation thinks about Franklin...

Psubiomed

Jul 25, 2021
Reactions: Leo Ridens
I care what the nation thinks about as much as I care who you'll think we'll land in the transfer portal

• Haha
Reactions: paradox1984
Are these fans of teams that have never sniffed a 10 win season? Or fans in conferences where their biggest game is against 25th ranked Duke?

This is awesome and absolutely true! The guy deserves every bit of criticism he receives. He’s the one stating he’ll “win the state of PA in recruiting”, “we are elite”, etc…. This is 100% reflective of his performance as a head coach.

6-29 career vs top 15 teams.

That's correct. 6-29.

What’s his record against top 15 while at Penn State? I’d be interested to see when you remove his time at Vanderbilt (given how traditionally inept that program is in the SEC).

In all fairness, his record at Vandy should have an * after it given how pathetic they have traditionally been in the SEC.

After a quick search, at Penn State he’s 5-22 against the top 15. He’s basically lost 4 of every 5 games against a top 15 team here.

Reactions: LionDeNittany
In all fairness, his record at Vandy should have an * after it given how pathetic they have traditionally been in the SEC.

After a quick search, at Penn State he’s 5-22 against the top 15. He’s basically lost 4 of every 5 games against a top 15 team here.
And there you have it. Dress it up however you like it, but the fish still smells from the head.

This is a single source/journal, of which, I have never heard…. It’s not the nation. — This could be a biased, produced ( as opposed to reported) narrative, or could be largely accurate to this small sample. Either way, if he’s guided by his principles ( which I believe he is), it doesn’t mean “a hill of beans” ( as my grandfather used to say) .
—He will live and die by them…and he should ( popular or not).As should all of us, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: brupsu

I have friends who are OSU and UM fans. They only thing they have in common is their love of Franklin.

This is a single source/journal, of which I have never heard…. It’s not the nation. — This could be a biased, produced ( as opposed to reported) narrative, or could be largely accurate to this small sample. Either way, if he’s guided by his principles ( which I believe he is), neither means “a hill of beans” ( as my grandfather used to say) .
—He will live and die by them…and he should ( popular or not).As should all of us, IMO.

It’s not just that one source. You can agree, disagree, or just dismiss it but his national reputation is for losing big games.

We had him this year, how’d that work out for you?
Well that spanking you took the other night eliminated what mystique you had left. So..............This year we will have an experienced team and Greene was a lot better later in the year and White emerged.

What are all the SEC coaches’ records against Georgia and Alabama? I guess they all can’t coach either.
Well, all of those coaches aren’t out there in front of the cameras claiming they are “elite” or “great” or that they’ll “win the state in recruiting” yet continually failing to live up to their talk, are they? If you’re going to open your mouth and make bold statements and not back them up, you better be prepared for the criticism to follow. He’s brought this upon himself.

To make a statement of being “elite” following a loss to OSU is silly. But what do I know.

Reactions: scrivener
Well that spanking you took the other night eliminated what mystique you had left. So..............This year we will have an experienced team and Greene was a lot better later in the year and White emerged.
Lmao...Greene is garbage. Since you care about bowl games apparently are you factoring in Maye not playing for UNC? WVU best win this year was? Just be glad you avoided Texas Iowa State and Kansas State

• Haha
Reactions: WV Bruno
Yes, because clearly you guys are good as Ole Miss😂😂😂😂😂

Well, all of those coaches aren’t out there in front of the cameras claiming they are “elite” or “great” or that they’ll “win the state in recruiting” yet continually failing to live up to their talk, are they? If you’re going to open your mouth and make bold statements and not back them up, you better be prepared for the criticism to follow. He’s brought this upon himself.

To make a statement of being “elite” following a loss to OSU is silly. But what do I know.
You need to either learn how to listen or stop twisting what he said based on your hatred of him. In fact, after the OSU game he said we weren’t elite. So you don’t know much.

Reactions: JR4PSU
This is a single source/journal, of which, I have never heard…. It’s not the nation. — This could be a biased, produced ( as opposed to reported) narrative, or could be largely accurate to this small sample. Either way, if he’s guided by his principles ( which I believe he is), it doesn’t mean “a hill of beans” ( as my grandfather used to say) .
Well the haters love reporting undocumented sources as reflective of how everyone thinks. By the way, Franklin is 3-18 in games vs the Top Ten (including Ole Miss even though they were rated 11 before the game) and Penn State was favored in exactly 2 of them (including Saturday’s game ) to answer another poster’s comment. Interesting how those citing loser Charlie Weis’ criticism of Franklin’s post game comments failed to mention that his kid is on the Ole Miss coaching staff.

Franklin's Ra, Ra days are over. Recruits have seen his act too many times and our recruiting classes will never keep up with OSU, UM, let alone Wash, Oregon, So Cal, and UCLA. Just look at the portal class Ole Miss in bring in; "10 on defense alone, including the #1 DT in the nation. Getting recruits from TAM, Arlansas, Tenn, Flordia, etc while we keep dicking around with Old Dominion, Kent St, etc. Pathetic!

Well the haters love reporting undocumented sources as reflective of how everyone thinks. By the way, Franklin is 3-18 in games vs the Top Ten (including Ole Miss even though they were rated 11 before the game) and Penn State was favored in exactly 2 of them (including Saturday’s game ) to answer another poster’s comment. Interesting how those citing loser Charlie Weis’ criticism of Franklin’s post game comments failed to mention that his kid is on the Ole Miss coaching staff.
Being favored is a produce of belief in the program. If James was a better coach he would have been favored in more of those games. Bottom line is betters/ bookies are smart and Franklin has done nothing to prove them wrong.

Reactions: scrivener
We will be much better next year. I'm not sure you will.
Why will you be better? You lose a lot on the OLine. Your QB may be better, but ours may be as well. So your younger players will improve, but ours won’t? Did WVU suddenly jump into the top 15 in recruiting? If you think it was “mystique” that won the game for PSU this year, you might need some help. WVU will be a good team next year, but so will Penn State. I said this year’s game was going to be more competitive than people thought because I thought WVU would be better than they were being given credit for. Next year’s game will be competitive as well, and WVU could win, but I’ve been thinking that for the last 50 years and it’s only happened twice, so there’s that.

Reactions: Pale ryder
James Franklin is not a great recruiter he is average, if he was we would be top ten every year

James Franklin is not a great recruiter he is average, if he was we would be top ten every year
Yes because every blue chip player wants to come to Penn State and all the coach has to do is pick out the ones he wants. Give me a break.

Like the team he's great but not elite.
My biggest issue is the "Dominate the State" plan. If that's your state plan then you have to get the top 5 in the state ever year or you've failed. I think it was a mistake to ever state that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT