ADVERTISEMENT

What's this all about? (msu plane flying to SC today)

If Pry leaves there are two guys on the staff who would want the job. Banks and Smith. I don’t really want either as DC but Franklin may go that direction

I think the only thing this indicates is that Fickell did not immediately accept the position and MSU is still looking for a HC and Pry is on their list. The idea a representative would fly to State College to interview Banks seems a little far fetched. If Banks wanted to interview he would be flying there or they would be flying him. Most likely Pry would be flying to East Lansing too, so maybe this is completely unrelated.

AC interviews are generally done over the phone/Skype.

49ers DC passed on a request to meet with the MSU AD and so has Colorado coach Mel Tucker. Fickell could see the the MSU role as a meat grinder and pass and look to be a candidate for a SEC or ACC role next Winter. Sounds like if its Fickel it would be announced in 24-48 hours.

If I were to get offered a $3 million + dollar raise, I'd have to strongly consider it. That's life changing money.

No doubt but you could also get fired after 2 years if you don't produce immediately. He would probably not get another HC job again. He has a chance for better career situation.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
49ers DC passed on a request to meet with the MSU AD and so has Colorado coach Mel Tucker. Fickell could see the the MSU role as a meat grinder and pass and look to be a candidate for a SEC or ACC role next Winter. Sounds like if its Fickel it would be announced in 24-48 hours.
I project Fickell to South Carolina after this season.

The assumption is Pry would be Fickell’s DC.

Who's making that assumption? Pry might interview for the HC job at MSU but he sure as hell isn't leaving CJF and a program that has won 11 games 3 times in the last 4 years to be the DC of The Pitt of The Midwest. The only other thing that makes sense would be Banks as full time DC under Fickell.

I project Fickell to South Carolina after this season.
U of Miami, Maryland, and NC State could also be looking for coaches next Winter. I cant see how Locks survives. Hope he does though.....lol

Pry certainly isnt going to MSU to be a DC. That would be absurd.

Why would they want Pry when defensive genius DON BROWN is just down the road???

I’d Pry leaves and I’m CJF, I’m on the next plane out to interview Vaunted Don Brown. Or maybe, I’d try and convince thst other overrated stiff Bud Foster to come out of retirement. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

Lou Ann Simon looking for an exile location in the Valley?

Wouldn’t be disappointed if it’s Pry or Banks they are after.... need new blood on defense, too.

She’s coming to apologize to everyone at Penn State, ask for forgiveness and beg our BOT to bring back JoePa’s statue NOW.

No doubt but you could also get fired after 2 years if you don't produce immediately. He would probably not get another HC job again. He has a chance for better career situation.

Yeah, but he'll have a five-year contract for which he'll get paid full value and won't have to work again. He can always get a job as a defensive assistant and work his way back to DC.

Franklin "give my assistants title changes and big money or other programs will begin interviewing them and I'll support it"

Sandy "try me"

Flight to SC to interview pry or bowen or seider

Sandy: "okay, turn the plane around seider and bowen and pry can get whatever titles they want and however much money"

Franklin "thanks"

Sandy "any shot you'll sign that contract anytime soon and we can stop these dances"

Franklin "we'll see, how's the facilities master plan coming together?"

If I were to get offered a $3 million + dollar raise, I'd have to strongly consider it. That's life changing money.
True, but he's gonna be making that kind of money pretty soon no matter what. The question is whether he believes another, better HC opportunity is likely to present itself in the near future.

Fun Spin (if it were only true)
Franklin has not signed his contract because his is negotiating to be both PSU FB HC and Athletic Director thus free up money to pay/keep his asssistants
Sandy B is one interviewing for MSU AD job as a female who can clean up the MSU mess...Sandy the Pants-suit Spartan
;):p

Sunday Update> Luke Fickell is meeting with Michigan State leadership now; and then it appears MSU is headed to State College. One would think Penn State defensive coordinator Brent Pry is getting a look. Stay tuned….

True, but he's gonna be making that kind of money pretty soon no matter what. The question is whether he believes another, better HC opportunity is likely to present itself in the near future.

It's hardly inevitable that Pry has a $3.5mm-$4mm just waiting for him. When was the last time he was in the discussion during the annual coaching merry-go-round?

Reactions: sluggo72
After reading this thread, I will offer, when interviewing coaches, do it in "ANY" college town except one that is actually in the mix. That will sufficiently "f" things up!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT