ADVERTISEMENT

What's your favorite franchise restaurant ?

Braums and Buc-ees (although Bucees isn't a franchise)

Braum%27s_current_logo.png

Official_logo_for_Buc-ee%27s%2C_Ltd.jpg
wife loves Bucees.

Overall, I tend to favor the uniqueness of a single restaurant. But sometimes, you got to go franchise. I tend to enjoy Bravo and Capital Grille. I saw LeBron dumped his big McD's endorsement to invest in Blaze Pizza. I haven't been there. Anyone got a review on Blaze ?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...-for-—-heres-the-verdict/ar-BBEj8XB?li=BBnb7Kz

Ruth's Chris in downtown Philly has always been excellent, IMHO. Capital Grille is right behind, but those 2 are special occasions for us. Outback & Bonefish are our usual go-tos.

Capital Grille and Hyde Park are two excellent steakhouses but can be pricy.
A friend recommended Longhorn Steakhouse as a place for good steak at
reasonable prices. I tried it several months ago and was pleasantly surprised.
A return visit was just as good.

Most of you guys are way to uppity, or you are in Industrial Sales Management and eat out 6 nights a week. I have been on either on the engineering or product management side for most of my working life so I only eaten out about 1/2 the time of the typical Sales management guy...although I usually get stuck with the bill!

I like:
McDonalds - Filet o Fish are fantastic
Burger King - Love me a Whopper
Olive Garden - The best Lasagna for under $15 on earth. When eating alone this is my goto...I eat at the bar (yes, they have a bar), order lasagna and eat lots of salad. Yum!
Red Lobster - I always get one of the large variety platters like the Admirals Plate or the other larger one. Sometimes broiled, sometimes fried.
Macaroni Grill - what a great place.
KFC - yum (oddly this is the number one, as far as I can tell, fast food place in China)
Bojangles - yum
PF Changs - Love this place
BoneFish Grill - Best mussels on earth...bar none!!!

Oh, and how I miss Howard Johnson's and their all you can eat fried clams on Fridays. Best fried clams ever and I haven't found any even close since they've closed.

There are many more I'm sure, but this is a good start.

Oh, and I forgot to add...while on the way to the beach with my family I often say "hey, there's a Ruth Chris, let's stop and get lunch/dinner!, what a great idea!"

Last edited:
IN N OUT is family owned, not a franchise.
Sorry Mr. BOB, I didn't know we were being that picky here to distinguish between a franchise or a restaurant chain. Being there's 280 IN N OUTS in the southwest, I pray the OP cuts me some slack on this one.

Also, see previous post where I mention Dick's Last Resort.

My wife is very enamored of Panera and goes there frequently if she has a lunch hour free. I am no fan of Red Lobster, Olive G., or the like. Same with breakfast places. I'd rather get a heat-rack grease bomb from Sheetz than go to an Eat-n-Park or some such.

I think Panera is pretty good as well. I like their sandwiches and soup.

High End....Ruth's Chris
Fast Food...I've become a Jersey Mike's Junkie ever since one opened near me recenty.

Jersey Mike's is not too bad. I think they opened their State College location at roughly the same week as Joe's funeral - they set some record for best opening week sales in company history.

Overall, I tend to favor the uniqueness of a single restaurant. But sometimes, you got to go franchise. I tend to enjoy Bravo and Capital Grille. I saw LeBron dumped his big McD's endorsement to invest in Blaze Pizza. I haven't been there. Anyone got a review on Blaze ?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddri...-for-—-heres-the-verdict/ar-BBEj8XB?li=BBnb7Kz
Blaze is actually pretty good pizza. Definetly not NY style or anything like that. However, for what the concept is, it is not a bad option. The best way to describe it is like a Subway for pizza. They have a few preset menu options for pizzas, but you can also build your own. They just about anything you'd want on a pizza.

Forgot to mention Noodles and Company....it's fantastic! It seems like they have 800 different varieties of mac & cheese (hyperbole intended).

Capital Grille and Hyde Park are two excellent steakhouses but can be pricy.
A friend recommended Longhorn Steakhouse as a place for good steak at
reasonable prices. I tried it several months ago and was pleasantly surprised.
A return visit was just as good.

Longhorn has been our go to steakhouse since the mid 90's..... consistently good to excellent.

Red River BBQ and The Italian Oven were good. Unfortunately, like Micky Moanass at PharMor, they viewed their companies like a personal piggy bank.

I'll chime in with Panera and Ruth's Chris. For Panera, I especially like the Tomato Basil soup (sometimes in a sourdough bread bowl). Of course, they make great pastries and cookies. Some folks here might remember that I also enjoy their Caramel Latte. :eek:

As for Ruth's Chris, I'm a huge fan of their Cowboy Ribeye.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Longhorn has been our go to steakhouse since the mid 90's..... consistently good to excellent.

I went to a Longhorn restaurant for a business lunch a couple of months, and it was excellent. Everyone in our group liked their meal. I hadn't been to one in years, but I will definitely go back there.

Sorry Mr. BOB, I didn't know we were being that picky here to distinguish between a franchise or a restaurant chain. Being there's 280 IN N OUTS in the southwest, I pray the OP cuts me some slack on this one.

Also, see previous post where I mention Dick's Last Resort.

Shake Shack is better than In N Out.

In N Out has little meat and an over abundance of lettuce and onions. No thanks

Big Fish Grill Rehoboth, DE Best crab cakes in Delmarva.

Last edited:
I try my best not to eat at chain places when traveling, as I want to try some local cuisine. The reality is that in my home turf, some chains are better than local options. I like Five guys, Jimmy Johns, Chipotle, PF Changs, Panera, and Chic Fila. I think you can get a decent steak at most of the mid level priced chain steak places, but Ruth Chris, Mortons, Sullivan's, etc are evidence that sometimes you get what you pay for.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
if I have a choice, I don't like chains, especially when traveling (except of course when you are just dining and dashing). Go to some place and go to Hard Rock Café? please. Ruth Chris? nope.
that said 2 that I like are:
Jimmy Johns
Pita Pit
both mostly lunch places.

My wife loves Jimmy Johns, vegetarian, add bacon. You do know its a gateway meat!!

Shake Shack is better than In N Out.

In N Out has little meat and an over abundance of lettuce and onions. No thanks

I had my first Shake Shack burger in King of Prussia Mall. I like Tasty Burger better. Found one right outside Fenway Park.

Reactions: boddyebsen
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT