ADVERTISEMENT

why people hate the police

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
and why I "get" the anger....

so, I have access to a person's specific story and thought I'd share. It isn't just the cops people get upset at. And before anyone goes off on me, I love first responders and then 99.9% of what they do is awesome.

1. woman's Waze disconnects just as she is pulling up to a residential address on a quiet residential road with a 25mph speed limit. She is from another state and just put her mom in hospice, the reason why she is in Ohio
  2. she is in her late 50s and has some light special needs and has never been arrested, not even a speeding ticket
  3. Officer pulls her over for erratic driving, she explains the sitch.
  4. Her license and insurance are in order and been presented and in order
  5. She has a different front plate and a temp rear plate. She explains the car has been moved from her soon-to-be-dead mother's name to hers so she got a temp for the rear but could not get the rusty screws out of the front plate so left it on (front plate not required in Ohio)
  6. Officer asks her to take a breathalyzer, she complies and blows something far below the threshold
  7. Officer asks her to take the physical challenge (walk the line, follow the finger, etc.). Officer says she failed.
  8. Officer says she is acting guilty and sweating, she says he is yelling at her and she is afraid having never been even pulled over
  9. she tells the officer she has a daily prescription and took that in the morning (adhd) and it is now ~ 6pm
  10. Officer arrests her for OVI and has her car impounded
So now
  1. woman who passed the breathalyzer has been arrested for a prescription
  2. car was towed and impounded. She had no idea they charge a daily fee and is told the car will cost north of $600, which she does not have, to get from impound
  3. She has no money for a lawyer
  4. She is facing an OVI and dual licensing charge
  5. She is here trying to prepare and care for her mother's impending death
my point is, it started with a cop not using common sense but it also is a problem for the prosecutor who should just drop the charges. But now, the person is facing over $600 in fees. It is no wonder people get angry and lash out at the system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News