ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

From experience, being confined in such a small space with another person can be rough. As the saying goes If you don't have a strong harness, you'll fall out of the tree.
Glad you’re handling being on the outside! :)

7e12089329cd8ad0a1a61267b8f813ad.png

I use to supervise Pre-Release prisoners on work crews for Lycoming County. Quite a few of our guys were in for failure to pay child support. Numerous times I was told they had good paying jobs of $30 an hour, but lost them and now had a job paying half that. The County, not their Ex, still wanted the Child support based on their earning potential. So they were living on basically nothing and when they're in Prison they are getting further behind. Pretty cruel web for the guys caught up in it. Of course you had the guys with 6 kids to six different women, and I didn't have any sorrow for them.
The law doesn't help either if they don't pay support they get six months incarcerated and the real kicker is taking their driver's license lmfao. What part of that stupidity actually works

Reactions: 82bordeaux
dog, being in a RV or van can feel like prison if your with someone else, and have no escape. My wife and I have been married 13 years and cant be any happier, but rving can question that.
Trying being a canoe with some one for 2 days in the desolation of western Nebraska!!!!

Reactions: Dogwelder
Is it safe to say Mark would rather coach an Olympic champ then be one at this point? I used to listen to nomad on frl basically retiring Mark from wrestling before he was even out of college, and that would really piss me off but now it seems it is likely true. Not sure if it’s burn out or a love hate thing. I remember him wrestling kemmer in the b10 finals after losing and Mark beat the hell out of him then got up like it was whatever. I mean this all respectfully and obviously he’s a great competitor and better person. Just not sure what his future is on the freestyle circuit

Is it safe to say Mark would rather coach an Olympic champ then be one at this point? I used to listen to nomad on frl basically retiring Mark from wrestling before he was even out of college, and that would really piss me off but now it seems it is likely true. Not sure if it’s burn out or a love hate thing. I remember him wrestling kemmer in the b10 finals after losing and Mark beat the hell out of him then got up like it was whatever. I mean this all respectfully and obviously he’s a great competitor and better person. Just not sure what his future is on the freestyle circuit
Not safe to say at all. He's there as Burroughs' training partner, not as a coach.

Regarding Lobdell ... he has lots of solutions in search of a problem.

Reactions: creamery freak
This line in the article caught my attention…

‘ Coach Smith is regarded as the greatest American wrestler of all-time…’ 🧐🤔
The article isn't good. It merely identifies the top programs and then repurposes those coaches' resumes from their time wrestling, presuming that being a good wrestler makes you a good coach. That's often the case, sure, but it's hardly a rule. At no point does it attempt to explain why these staffs are good coaches--what their approaches and philosophies are, how they differ, and so on. It doesn't attempt to deliver on its promise to "break it all down."

The article isn't good. It merely identifies the top programs and then repurposes those coaches' resumes from their time wrestling, presuming that being a good wrestler makes you a good coach. That's often the case, sure, but it's hardly a rule. At no point does it attempt to explain why these staffs are good coaches--what their approaches and philosophies are, how they differ, and so on. It doesn't attempt to deliver on its promise to "break it all down."
This.

I'd be willing to bet that Casey Cunningham has the largest number of directly-off-the-mat celebratory hugs of any coach in the country in the last 10 years. If true, I imagine there's a reason for that, and it's not because he won an NCAA title 20 odd years ago.

[Zain interview on the “Wrestling Changed My Life” podcast]
Thank you Nerf!

Zain told a cool story about being recruited by Cael. Cael increased his scholarship offer to Zain to give Zain what Zain requested. Then Zain still wanted to go on more visits to other schools to explore those options. Cael said: “if you go there to other schools and you come back to me and say I want to go to Penn State, why would I have to give you what you want?” Zain replied, “You make a good point,” and Zain shook Cael’s hand right there and accepted.

Also, Zain said he liked Cael because Cael was the only recruiter who asked Zain what his goals were. The other recruiters were doing sales jobs regarding facilities, etc.

Thank you Nerf!

Zain told a cool story about being recruited by Cael. Cael increased his scholarship offer to Zain to give Zain what Zain requested. Then Zain still wanted to go on more visits to other schools to explore those options. Cael said: “if you go there to other schools and you come back to me and say I want to go to Penn State, why would I have to give you what you want?” Zain replied, “You make a good point,” and Zain shook Cael’s hand right there and accepted.

Also, Zain said he liked Cael because Cael was the only recruiter who asked Zain what his goals were. The other recruiters were doing sales jobs regarding facilities, etc.
Even though he didn't reveal much, I also enjoyed him talking about his battles w/ Nolf in the room during their redshirt year. I so wish some of that was on camera somewhere.....

Even though he didn't reveal much, I also enjoyed him talking about his battles w/ Nolf in the room during their redshirt year. I so wish some of that was on camera somewhere.....
I’m listening now. I haven’t gotten to that part yet. Can’t wait to hear it! I’m on the roof doing work. No harness! :)

Edit: the rest of the interview is great. Even better. About the mental approach to a match.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
This is awful. How about stats as a coach? How about deep dive on production? Maybe an interview with other coaches and peers?

It's like they wanted to make John happy because he's the only one left they haven't pissed off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT