ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Vintage Cael.

wE’vE nEver SeEn AnYoNe LiKe SpEnCeR - get the **** out of here with that recency bullshit

You see pieces of that match in his PSU guys.

The takedown, hard mat return, and cut all within 5 sec -- Q said Cael teaches that it messes with guys' heads.

The 3rd takedown, converting a single with a face club -- Jason vs. Van Brill.

The pin, turning the opponent's shot into your own cradle -- RBY and Bo among others.

You see pieces of that match in his PSU guys.

The takedown, hard mat return, and cut all within 5 sec -- Q said Cael teaches that it messes with guys' heads.

The 3rd takedown, converting a single with a face club -- Jason vs. Van Brill.

The pin, turning the opponent's shot into your own cradle -- RBY and Bo among others.
Cael is great and all, but every technique you listed is basic wrestling.

A lot of basic techniques are seen in every match. These, a lot less frequently.
Iowa's been doing the mat return thing for decades. Marinelli is the most notable recently. Used to kick their feet out when he cut them.

The club finish is option number 1 when you bring the leg up on the outside hip. Probably finished half my singles that way.

Hitting a cradle off a front headlock has been a thing for decades as well.

You see those things from PSU guys because they're well coached and fundamentally sound. There are much better examples of Cael's "signature" moves that you see his guys use. It's just weird to pick 3 moves that my high school coach taught routinely.

Then why don’t more guys do it? As you said, it’s just basic stuff.
THEY DO LMAO.

The exception is probably the mat return thing. When's the last time you saw a PSU wrestler do it?

The other two are fundamental techniques you see almost every dual.

Vintage Cael.

wE’vE nEver SeEn AnYoNe LiKe SpEnCeR - get the **** out of here with that recency bullshit

Cael casually holding one foot while the Iowa wrestler is desperately trying to get away on his hands is comedy gold 😆

But that’s your basic comedy that was taught routinely …. so no big deal 😉

Last edited:
THEY DO LMAO.

The exception is probably the mat return thing. When's the last time you saw a PSU wrestler do it?

The other two are fundamental techniques you see almost every dual.
i watched the PSU- Iowa match and Iowa only did the first step twice.

Geez ... did Cael have a personal grudge against that guy?
This is the match that really shows how competitive Cael was. It was against Iowa's Paul Jenn, who had defeated Cael in the Northern Iowa Open when Cael was redshirting in his true freshman year. This match is the dual against Iowa a few years later. Tragically, Jenn died in a car crash at the age of 25.

This is the match that really shows how competitive Cael was. It was against Iowa's Paul Jenn, who had defeated Cael in the Northern Iowa Open when Cael was redshirting in his true freshman year. This match is the dual against Iowa a few years later. Tragically, Jenn died in a car crash at the age of 25.

Cael’s buttslap at the end was high level trolling.

Speakng of 2020 speciation. My memory is starting to fail since it has been so long. Must be Covid brain, I just got over my second dose of it this week. Do you remember back to that year when Iowa last won a championship? Did they actually compete against a full slate, or was the field watered down, did the Ivy teams compete? *

Thanks--I'd never seen that one.

Could this be evidence that refs used to call stalling a bit more aggressively (and accurately, IMO)? Or was it simply a function of the home crowd advantage? Not that Cael didn't earn that stall-out just by being Cael to an excellent degree, but I feel like some refs today would have possibly given out 2 stall calls by the time Jenn gets DQ'd

Reactions: WexfordWarrior
Speakng of 2020 speciation. My memory is starting to fail since it has been so long. Must be Covid brain, I just got over my second dose of it this week. Do you remember back to that year when Iowa last won a championship? Did they actually compete against a full slate, or was the field watered down, did the Ivy teams compete? *
No finals in 2020 as the season was canceled right after BIG 10's.

The 2021 finals had no fans and Ivy leagues were absent. PSU stole Iowa's thunder with 4 champs.

Reactions: lockhavenlion3
No finals in 2020 as the season was canceled right after BIG 10's.

The 2021 finals had no fans and Ivy leagues were absent. PSU stole Iowa's thunder with 4 champs.
Yes, I was responding to the earlier banter where some were questioning or chances of winning, the cancelled 2020 season. I knew Iowa won the 'tainted' 2021 season, I was just having some fun.

Well shucks. The new facility at Iowa was suppose to separate them from the rest and have recruits flocking to the Hawkeyes. Anyone with some ideas on how they can counter this move by OSU?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT