ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

Two hours of Cael's matches. Enjoy!

It is still amazing to me how it seemed so effortless for Cael to get to his opponents' legs. His movement was just so fluid. I haven't seen anyone since Cael who moved so fluidly and seemingly effortlessly. It just seemed so natural for him. Also, they sure called stalling strictly back then. In one match his opponent was dinged for stalling for not returning to center in a timely manner after the end of the period. Baitukaev would have been stalled out of matches left and right : )

The dumbest people on the face of the earth on that board. Always predicting 13-3 and going 4-12.
I go way back there. To the days when JoefromFlo ran that board. I drove him nuts, banned me all the time but people (even Bengal fans) bitched about it so he'd bring me back. Lol. Haven't posted there I years so I just checked it out. Wow that board is dead compared to yester years. A useless tidbit of info...it was that board that gave birth to the username "johnstownsteel"...

I go way back there. To the days when JoefromFlo ran that board. I drove him nuts, banned me all the time but people (even Bengal fans) bitched about it so he'd bring me back. Lol. Haven't posted there I years so I just checked it out. Wow that board is dead compared to yester years. A useless tidbit of info...it was that board that gave birth to the username "johnstownsteel"...
I remember Joe and I remember you lol. Didn't know that you were the same guy though until today. It's been years since I was last there. I enjoyed the Big Ben hate immensely. All luck and no skill lol.

I remember Joe and I remember you lol. Didn't know that you were the same guy though until today. It's been years since I was last there. I enjoyed the Big Ben hate immensely. All luck and no skill lol.
Small world. Ha. I loved the "Carson Palmer is the Savior" years. I bet they still have Kimo Von oelhoffen (sp?) nightmares.

Probably minimal impact to wrestling, still something to watch.

l-julia-minesci-b1e1890c.jpg

I thought she did a good job as Pitts A.D. Pretty sure she had interviews at other schools recently and was looking to leave. Northwestern may have been one of them.
She was a finalist for NW. Supposedly her NIL approach was inadequate for them.

Aside from the botched wrestling hire -- which will never be not funny -- I don't think she did a bad job. Football stabilized, and hoops came back from the dead.

Probably there was a lot of angst over Narduzzi going 3-9 in 2023 after getting a long extension in 2022. But if that were it, they could've canned her in the summer.

What I've heard, FWIW, my connections there are limited:
1. Her NIL approach is weak
2. She pushed for an on-campus stadium; the school disagreed
3. She was a candidate at enough other schools that they pulled a Schembechler and fired her for that reason

Interested in what others have heard.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
She was a finalist for NW. Supposedly her NIL approach was inadequate for them.

Aside from the botched wrestling hire -- which will never be not funny -- I don't think she did a bad job. Football stabilized, and hoops came back from the dead.

Probably there was a lot of angst over Narduzzi going 3-9 in 2023 after getting a long extension in 2022. But if that were it, they could've canned her in the summer.

What I've heard, FWIW, my connections there are limited:
1. Her NIL approach is weak
2. She pushed for an on-campus stadium; the school disagreed
3. She was a candidate at enough other schools that they pulled a Schembechler and fired her for that reason

Interested in what others have heard.
Basically not out in front of the NIL, and poor fund raising. The NW job was her looking for a new job knowing her time at Pitt was limited and the administration knowing they were going to move on from her figured now is as good a time as any.
Basically what you said, but the stadium was an irritant not really an issue.

Of course, that is from a Penn State friend who lives in Pittsburgh but seems to know everybody in the 'Burgh. So could have missed something.

Basically not out in front of the NIL, and poor fund raising. The NW job was her looking for a new job knowing her time at Pitt was limited and the administration knowing they were going to move on from her figured now is as good a time as any.
Basically what you said, but the stadium was an irritant not really an issue.

Of course, that is from a Penn State friend who lives in Pittsburgh but seems to know everybody in the 'Burgh. So could have missed something.
All this, and she probably had a recent run-in with somebody of stature and they ran it up the chain. Rather than letting her finish the season and "dump" Pitt for greater pastures, Pitt just said F-you, you're fired.

Reactions: Nitlion1986
All this, and she probably had a recent run-in with somebody of stature and they ran it up the chain. Rather than letting her finish the season and "dump" Pitt for greater pastures, Pitt just said F-you, you're fired.
I think between jefe, you and me we got it covered. With a little luck it will somehow reach out and bite Pitt in the ass.

I think between jefe, you and me we got it covered. With a little luck it will somehow reach out and bite Pitt in the ass.
Honestly, I don't think it'll matter all that much. They could crater with a bad AD, but as an overall Athletics program they're probably about where they will be, and capped there barring some major sustained alumni/fan support that they haven't had in forever.

Pitt is a middle-of-the-road P5 athletics program in revenue (29th, between Missouri and Minny). For reference, Pitt's revenue was almost $120M less than Ohio State's.

But they broke even last year, where most bigger programs pocketed at least $10M/year. So where will the $20M/year in revenue sharing come from? From the football fans dressed as empty seats? And how do they grow to compete with the big boys?

OTOH, many of the programs below them (and a few above) lost money. Those schools are even worse-positioned than Pitt, so there's only so far Pitt can fall.

Honestly, I don't think it'll matter all that much. They could crater with a bad AD, but as an overall Athletics program they're probably about where they will be, and capped there barring some major sustained alumni/fan support that they haven't had in forever.

Pitt is a middle-of-the-road P5 athletics program in revenue (29th, between Missouri and Minny). For reference, Pitt's revenue was almost $120M less than Ohio State's.

But they broke even last year, where most bigger programs pocketed at least $10M/year. So where will the $20M/year in revenue sharing come from? From the football fans dressed as empty seats? And how do they grow to compete with the big boys?

OTOH, many of the programs below them (and a few above) lost money. Those schools are even worse-positioned than Pitt, so there's only so far Pitt can fall.
I can hope it bites them somehow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT