ADVERTISEMENT

Will Kiffin Leave Ole Miss For Florida?

...forthcoming Napier firing, of course.

Slow board. I guess UCLA doesn't entice much chatter.
The Florida job might seem attractive, but involves a major rebuild based on what comments I've seen from Nick Saban and others.

Why not stay at Ole Miss? Kiffin has been killing it in portal recruiting.

Reactions: lazydave841
Geez, how many schools is this guy going to coach at? Is Florida that much better than Ole Miss (I honestly don’t know)?

And No, the Bruins aren’t that exciting to talk about. Maybe in basketball (I think they’ll be good this year).

The real question is will Lane dump his current squeeze former Ole Miss cheerleader Sally Rychlak for a Gator cheerleader if he ends up in Gainesville?

kiffin.jpg

• Haha

...forthcoming Napier firing, of course.

Slow board. I guess UCLA doesn't entice much chatter.
RE: UCLA

We haven't played them since '68 and they're coming into Happy Valley with a 1-3 record.

After 4 games, their leading rusher has 125 yards and their leading receiver has 187 yards.

Their QB has thrown 3 TDs and 6 Ints.

Their FG kicker is 8-9 so they appear to have an advantage there.

RE: UCLA

We haven't played them since '68 and they're coming into Happy Valley with a 1-3 record.

After 4 games, their leading rusher has 125 yards and their leading receiver has 187 yards.

Their QB has thrown 3 TDs and 6 Ints.

Their FG kicker is 8-9 so they appear to have an advantage there.

Looking at the stats from their games, I noticed a couple observations.

1. Indiana scored the most points against them, but Oregon dominated them defensively (only TD was a pick 6).
2. They seem to be stronger against the run than the pass, but it could be that their pass defense stinks so bad that it's being exposed.
3. They successfully pass the ball on LSU, which makes USC's passing attack look less impressive over time.
4. Lot of penalties in their losses (74+ in each)
5. I think it will be interesting to see if we can break any explosive runs on them. 23 was the longest in their losses.

Looks like a 35-6 type of game.

Looking at the stats from their games, I noticed a couple observations.

1. Indiana scored the most points against them, but Oregon dominated them defensively (only TD was a pick 6).
2. They seem to be stronger against the run than the pass, but it could be that their pass defense stinks so bad that it's being exposed.
3. They successfully pass the ball on LSU, which makes USC's passing attack look less impressive over time.
4. Lot of penalties in their losses (74+ in each)
5. I think it will be interesting to see if we can break any explosive runs on them. 23 was the longest in their losses.

Looks like a 35-6 type of game.
I was just reading an article from PennLive on the Trib web site.

The article indicated that their starting QB was injured late in the loss to Oregon and has been taking 'mental reps' while the backup QB gets the 1st team reps.

QB1 is a pro style, has decent passing ability but not very mobile and has been sacked 12 times.

QB2, former 4* is primarily run 1st at this stage of his development.

Undisclosed injury *Charlie Brown's teacher speaking* doesn't have to make a decision yet * more Charlie Brown teacher speak*.

Everyone plays their cards close to the vest.....

I was just reading an article from PennLive on the Trib web site.

The article indicated that their starting QB was injured late in the loss to Oregon and has been taking 'mental reps' while the backup QB gets the 1st team reps.

QB1 is a pro style, has decent passing ability but not very mobile and has been sacked 12 times.

QB2, former 4* is primarily run 1st at this stage of his development.

Undisclosed injury *Charlie Brown's teacher speaking* doesn't have to make a decision yet * more Charlie Brown teacher speak*.

Everyone plays their cards close to the vest.....
I watched a little of their win and most of all their losses. They’re not very good. If Penn State loses this one it would be a major stumble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT