ADVERTISEMENT

Will KJ Winston be back this season?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022

This is him walking with just a slight limp on Sept. 21st. So we know it's not an ACL, achilles, or a broken leg or something where it's clearly season ending.

It just would be kind of surprising to me that a player with such a slight limp would be season ending. Any word on the injury/update?

Is 8 weeks considered long-term? It's over half the season. I don't know if it's been defined.

Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to affect regular activities much, but could just not allow full exertion without issues arising.

Reactions: RickinDayton
Perhaps a bad stress fracture that could easily be aggravated or made much worse without an extended recovery time? I don't believe he is even practicing.
You would think if it were a bad stress fracture in his leg, there would be crutches and some sort of immobilization boot or like-kind devise that he would be wearing until it is healed.

Perhaps a bad stress fracture that could easily be aggravated or made much worse without an extended recovery time? I don't believe he is even practicing.
Yeah that's the part that concerns me, that he hasn't really been with the team. Makes it seems like he's out for the year. Hope not, this defense really misses his quickness and athleticism.

You would think if it were a bad stress fracture in his leg, there would be crutches and some sort of immobilization boot or like-kind devise that he would be wearing until it is healed.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. A boot or crutches, especially on Sept.21 just shortly after injury if that were the case.

Media can always ask but I guess Franklin just provides the standard "long term" response. But they should ask it more directly like "do you expect KJ Winston back this season?"

From my understanding from Insider forums I belong to is that it's something he could have tried to play through but would have been very difficult. After Zuriah Fisher was designated as having a season ending injury two seasons ago only to somehow be able to get back on the field at the end of the season Franklin has changed how he designates injuries. Long Term is just another way of saying "season ending" but leaving the door open for a miraculous return later in the season like Fisher. I think with KJ the fact that we could potentially make a run in the playoffs and that it's far enough down the road from the injury they are potentially leaving the door open for him to return if they can get to the second round of the playoffs, or if they get a favorable first round game at home.

I have not heard that he has had surgery which was rumored to be needed for a full recovery so if surgery is indeed needed and he hasn't had it yet then I would say they are leaving the door open for him to potentially come back in a playoff scenario. If he has had surgery I'd say he will not be back this season as that usually means a longer recovery timeline.

This is all just speculation on my part so please take it with the largest grain of salt you can find.

From my understanding from Insider forums I belong to is that it's something he could have tried to play through but would have been very difficult. After Zuriah Fisher was designated as having a season ending injury two seasons ago only to somehow be able to get back on the field at the end of the season Franklin has changed how he designates injuries. Long Term is just another way of saying "season ending" but leaving the door open for a miraculous return later in the season like Fisher. I think with KJ the fact that we could potentially make a run in the playoffs and that it's far enough down the road from the injury they are potentially leaving the door open for him to return if they can get to the second round of the playoffs, or if they get a favorable first round game at home.

I have not heard that he has had surgery which was rumored to be needed for a full recovery so if surgery is indeed needed and he hasn't had it yet then I would say they are leaving the door open for him to potentially come back in a playoff scenario. If he has had surgery I'd say he will not be back this season as that usually means a longer recovery timeline.

This is all just speculation on my part so please take it with the largest grain of salt you can find.
Thank you. Sounds like that could be accurate.

I am confident that if he was in there and healthy on Saturday USC does not pull off that 75 yard reverse run. Probably other long gainers for them he would have impacted. Tough loss for the defense.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
plus...unless he decides to come back next season, he will probably need to return and play a little just to show the NFL he's ok and looks like he did prior to this injury, if he wants to declare AND be a high draft pick, right?

plus...unless he decides to come back next season, he will probably need to return and play a little just to show the NFL he's ok and looks like he did prior to this injury, if he wants to declare AND be a high draft pick, right?
Not necessarily. If he is really coveted then he may be able to satisfy ther desire to see he is healthy through private workouts and the combine. Not sure but you could be right they may want more game action post injury.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT