ADVERTISEMENT

WISHLIST: 2018 NCAA Season

diggerpup

Feb 7, 2007
What does everyone want to see happen for/during 2018?

I'll start:

1. Non-conference dual meet vs an established team that PSU has never / seldom wrestles.

2. Michigan to finish ahead of Iowa at both B1Gs and NCAAs.

3. It will be tough to break a new record for NCAA champs .... but definitely want to see PSU break the all-time NCAA points record (170).

What does everyone want to see happen for/during 2018?

I'll start:

1. Non-conference dual meet vs an established team that PSU has never / seldom wrestles.

2. Michigan to finish ahead of Iowa at both B1Gs and NCAAs.

3. It will be tough to break a new record for NCAA champs .... but definitely want to see PSU break the all-time NCAA points record (170).
Suriano wins title along with the five returning Champs to give PSU six national champs.

National duals have a final four with semi's finals and a match for third.

PSU wrestles Cornell-Missouri- VT-ASU two of these teams will do

Cael receives lifetime extension.

PSAC schools all become fully funded.

At least 2 new D1 programs, none dropped.

UWW goes to 10 weights in all 3 styles

College wrestling gets serious about women's wrestling..

It will be very tough to do - but it may be possible:

A PSU home shutout of Iowa. :D

This one is in the realm of "very possible" to me. Not occurring would be a result of an upset. I don't think Iowa would be favored at any weight off the top of my head.

Good Health

I know every team gets dinged up during the course of a season, but PSU has seemed to get more than their fair share of serious injuries over Cael's tenure. I'd like to see everyone be able to go close to 100% this year.

Cutch vs. Cassar vs. Rasheed at the Scuffle.

Especially at 197. All these guys have had injuries. Hopefully at least one stays healthy this year and demonstrates the benefit of depth.

Reactions: diggerpup
I'd like to see PSU make another trip out West. Wrestling ASU, Cal State Bakersfield and the re-started Fresno State team would be awesome because all three are within driving distance for me.

• Cassar in a blue and white singlet
  • Suriano wrestles in the third week of March
  • George Carpenter beats out Corey Keener in a wrestle-off
  • Jered Cortez beats out Joey McKenna in a wrestle-off. McKenna immediately transfers to Rutgers, Creedo triumphantly tells Rutgers board, "Gentlemen: your cruiseliner"
  • Zain and Nolf go wire-to-wire bonus
  • Nolf does something no one's ever seen before, again
  • Mark Hall wrestles fewer 7 minute matches
  • Bo ... I got nothing. Keep doing those things you do
  • Nick Nevills keeps it closer with Snyder
  • Nico finally gets an edge in the room
  • Michigan sweeps tOSU dual while Snyder is winning Yarygin and remaining tOSU starters are "resting up" in Aruba
  • Sufficient advance notification of the Pletcher Carton mat number

They keep showing Sammy Brook's mullet comment on BTN.:)

Penn State licsenses the rights to the NCAA finals, puts Byers voice on every match and includes the resulting video in a dual match highlight reel.:rolleyes:

Iowa State beats Iowa.:D

If Zain Retherford has a close match, nobody talks about the other guy closing the gap.:eek:

The USA continues to grow and improve on the international stage.

People at Rec Hall stay in their damn seats until a match is over:mad:

They keep showing Sammy Brook's mullet comment on BTN.:)

Penn State licsenses the rights to the NCAA finals, puts Byers voice on every match and includes the resulting video in a dual match highlight reel.:rolleyes:

Iowa State beats Iowa.:D

If Zain Retherford has a close match, nobody talks about the other guy closing the gap.:eek:

The USA continues to grow and improve on the international stage.

People at Rec Hall stay in their damn seats until a match is over:mad:

Awesome list!

Ive typed about your last one before. drives me nuts, but my father in law is one of the worst offenders so maybe its that with me.

If iowa state beats iowa....even a down year iowa....the internet may melt, and the last remaining iceberg will disappear.

Kwik Trip keep making these Siracha-Jack Cheddarwarsts, so I can enjoy them.

An official PSU Dual Meet Drinking Game.

Reactions: jtothemfp
More wrestling on BTN, and more of the duals we want to see. I really don't care to see MSU vs Indiana when PSU is wrestling Michigan at the same time.
I felt like BTN did a pretty good job of providing a good mix of that, while also having every B1G team on the network (plus non-B1G Lehigh and Missouri), this past year.

That everyone stays healthy and we repeat as National champs and regain the BIG tournament title.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT