ADVERTISEMENT

World Series Game 6

I'm trying to root for Cleveland because they don't have a lot of celebrity fans, and because if you don't root for somebody it's hard to watch a whole game.

I agree it's more fun to get to game 7.

All of the media pulling for cubbies. Tribe feels like it's Ohio versus the world. Good. Arrietta who hasn't been great down there stretch but was great in game two versus Tomlin who is the tribes number for our five starter all year. My money is on cubes but my heart is with the Indians.

Who wins tonight?

I don't watch a lot of the American League during the season since I am a Phillies fan. That being said, having paid attention to the Indians since the playoffs began, I believe the Indians are the best team. Also, I think most will agree.

So, if the Cubs do lose, they lost to the better team. When my Phillies lost in 1993 to the Blue Jay's it was b/c the Blue Jay's were the better team.

I would not wager on the Cubs winning tonight or tomorrow. But, I hope they can do it.

I, like most fans, love a Game 7. It takes a lot to beat a better team. You need some luck.

Sadly, the Cubs are team that has only known bad luck. But, the Red Sox got 1918 off their backs. So why not the Cubs?

All of the media pulling for cubbies. Tribe feels like it's Ohio versus the world. Good. Arrietta who hasn't been great down there stretch but was great in game two versus Tomlin who is the tribes number for our five starter all year. My money is on cubes but my heart is with the Indians.

Where are you seeing "all the media" pulling for the Cubs? The Indians are a great story too and they are getting a lot of love.

I am a transplant living in a Cleveland 'burb. All-in for the Tribe. Gotta love it when the small market also-ran brings in the elite manager, builds from within and through smart trades, and then pulls the trigger on Andrew Miller, and it comes together like this. With the Cavs win, it's become a cooler place to live.

Where are you seeing "all the media" pulling for the Cubs? The Indians are a great story too and they are getting a lot of love.
they always publish those maps of the USA with the color of the state relative to who they are rooting for. 49 of the 50 states were cubbie blue. Watching MSNBC this morning, every talking head siad they were rooting for cubs (except one gal that was born in CLE). Been traveling a lot (LA, Wash, CT, Denver). Everyone is rooting for the cubs around the TV's.

they always publish those maps of the USA with the color of the state relative to who they are rooting for. 49 of the 50 states were cubbie blue. Watching MSNBC this morning, every talking head siad they were rooting for cubs (except one gal that was born in CLE). Been traveling a lot (LA, Wash, CT, Denver). Everyone is rooting for the cubs around the TV's.

That's anecdotal at best. SI.com was 50/50, pre-game was 1/4 but A-Rod said Indians in 7, Verducci did a great story on Francona tonight....Cubs are way more "America's Team" than the Indians (or basically anyone), but that has nothing to do with the media coverage. You're biased, it's ok. Just enjoy the ride.

That's anecdotal at best. SI.com was 50/50, pre-game was 1/4 but A-Rod said Indians in 7, Verducci did a great story on Francona tonight....Cubs are way more "America's Team" than the Indians (or basically anyone), but that has nothing to do with the media coverage. You're biased, it's ok. Just enjoy the ride.
huh? the map was a national poll.

yikes. i give up.

I've had this issue with you before.

You said "all the media" was rooting for the Cubs. That isn't close to being true. To bolster your ridiculous point, you cite a FAN poll that says people are rooting for the Cubs. What on earth does that have to do with media coverage? The answer is absolutely nothing. Then it's somehow my problem for pointing this out to you? You give up? Yikes indeed.

I've had this issue with you before.

You said "all the media" was rooting for the Cubs. That isn't close to being true. To bolster your ridiculous point, you cite a FAN poll that says people are rooting for the Cubs. What on earth does that have to do with media coverage? The answer is absolutely nothing. Then it's somehow my problem for pointing this out to you? You give up? Yikes indeed.

Yeah, well, honestly, I didn't think any moron would take the term "all" as literally. And...I didn't think any moron would think that Rasmussen or RealClearPolitics did an official and bi-partisan poll of "media members" to see who they were rooting for.

364936.gif

Yeah, well, honestly, I didn't think any moron would take the term "all" as literally. And...I didn't think any moron would think that Rasmussen or RealClearPolitics did an official and bi-partisan poll of "media members" to see who they were rooting for.

364936.gif

Lol. I get it now. An indefensible comment to bolster your bias so you run away and name call when your complete lack of logic/honesty is pointed out to you.

You call out Smails for this all the time. But you're just as bad. Lol. Enjoy the game.

Lol. I get it now. An indefensible comment to bolster your bias so you run away and name call when your complete lack of logic/honesty is pointed out to you.

You call out Smails for this all the time. But you're just as bad. Lol. Enjoy the game.

C'mon. You seriously believe that I thought thousands of people in the media ALL were rooting for the cubs? you are pretty Effed up.

C'mon. You seriously believe that I thought thousands of people in the media ALL were rooting for the cubs? you are pretty Effed up.

I thought it was a ridiculous thing to say because it's not close to being true. Made worse by you citing a FAN poll and your interactions traveling with NON MEDIA people to bolster your point. No I don't think you meant it, but you made it (and keep making it) worse. "Haha I know I was exaggerating but..."....all I asked was you back up your point cuz maybe I'm missing something and you kept digging. Not the best look but whatever. You're very defensive.

I thought it was a ridiculous thing to say because it's not close to being true. Made worse by you citing a FAN poll and your interactions traveling with NON MEDIA people to bolster your point. No I don't think you meant it, but you made it (and keep making it) worse. "Haha I know I was exaggerating but..."....all I asked was you back up your point cuz maybe I'm missing something and you kept digging. Not the best look but whatever. You're very defensive.

You're are an ass.

You're are an ass.

The third or fourth post in a row where you name call. You lost here. You were wrong. You got called out. And instead of showing humility or curiosity and engaging respectfully, you called me names because you have no plausible response. Defensive, arrogant, zero self-awareness. Look inward my insecure friend. Keep posting if you must, but I'm done with you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT