ADVERTISEMENT

WVB on BTN @7:00

Game was closer than I'd like. The second set was the worst serve receive/ passing I've seen from them all year. They have a lot to clean up before next weekend. 3 of the 4 teams participating in regionals here are from the B1G. MSU defeated #9 Creighton, and Illinois defeated #8 Washington.

There's one remaining B1G team in each of the other regionals. Nebraska in Kentucky's, Wisconsin is playing Stanford next, and Minnesota is in Florida.

As an aside, I'm not familiar with how seating works in Rec Hall, but how the hell did the Pitt fans get the entire section at midcourt where the camera is aimed the entire game? Did their fans move in immediately after our game last night and stay there until today? At the Minnesota game, there were about the same number of Northern Iowa fans, but you sure didn't see them in the full court view, and the camera had to search for them off on the side.

Game was closer than I'd like. The second set was the worst serve receive/ passing I've seen from them all year. They have a lot to clean up before next weekend. 3 of the 4 teams participating in regionals here are from the B1G. MSU defeated #9 Creighton, and Illinois defeated #8 Washington.

There's one remaining B1G team in each of the other regionals. Nebraska in Kentucky's, Wisconsin is playing Stanford next, and Minnesota is in Florida.

As an aside, I'm not familiar with how seating works in Rec Hall, but how the hell did the Pitt fans get the entire section at midcourt where the camera is aimed the entire game? Did their fans move in immediately after our game last night and stay there until today? At the Minnesota game, there were about the same number of Northern Iowa fans, but you sure didn't see them in the full court view, and the camera had to search for them off on the side.

The away team sections were reserved and labeled. That’s why our students were off to the side instead of being right at the net like they are every other match on Friday.

I actually like having more Big teams in our bracket. They are a known team and we are in their heads. Lee had some monster kills last night. Franti continues to unimpress me. Too inconsistent

Washington with another strong game and Theilan continues to impress as a blocker. Our team seams to have more weapons than our opponents with Lee, Washington, Franti all great killers. When our defense can handle the serve and we stay in system by getting it to one of our setters, we are hard to beat. Our defense is so much improved over last year and our setters are much better as well. We will get to the final four and then anything can happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT