ADVERTISEMENT

2016 NFL Draft Top 10.....Yes, Hack is in there

Mister Magoo

Jul 16, 2001
Matt Miller covers the NFL Draft for Bleacher Report. Here's a good read if you're interested in the draft. Here's his latest article on 2015 Draft. With a Top 10 for 2016 at the end. He places Hack 2nd overall.

Hack

I read one scout said he'd be the first overall pick this year

I am still not convinced it is a for gone conclusion he is leaving after this season. Luck came back when he would have been number 1, so we shall see.

Winning the MNC will do that for you...

yes, I still call it the MNC. Untill there is a playoff not based upon voting, then its a MNC.

thanks for this read. I like the comp between Jamies and Marcus.

It will remain interesting for Hack. he could come back, but that depends on several factors - including how his 2015 season goes, and the prospects for 2016. Would he come back of 2015 is a little less than he thinks, and 2016 is a possible run at NC?

Re: Thanks, good report....interesting to see 2 tOSU in top 5 for 2016

Originally posted by royboy:
They love Bosa and Ezekiel Elliott
Elliot is an intriguing pick, but with the deemphasis on the RB position in the NFL, can he really be a top 10 pick? Also, I just don't get all of the Joey Bosa love. He's a good player and seems like a good kid, but he disappeared a lot during the games I've seen him play. Seems he's one of those classic "hype" players that the buckeyes always seem to have (ala Katzenmoyer, Hawk, etc.) - all potential with no consistent results once they reach the league.

A lot can change in the next 12 months

But in my very humble opinion Hack will return for his senior year unless he shows enormous improvement. When a kid is a FR or SO it's easy for the pundits to pontificate about how high he will be drafted. But when the player actually declares there is an entirely different level of critique. I love Hack's potential as much as anyone. But he was a 55% passer last year and if you eliminate the first three games of his FR year, he was a 55% passer that year as well. I don't know the answer to this question but I wonder when was the last time a 55% passer was a first round pick? If it happened in the past 10 years I would be surprised. Big time QB's complete 65-70% and that is the progression Hack must make.
If I were advising Hack, from a purely football perspective (understanding finances must play a role) I would say to follow the Andrew Luck model. Stay in school for 4 years, learn the game, refine your skills, enter the NFL close to a finished product who a franchise will build a franchise around. The recent track record of QB's who left college after three years is not good.

When you say after three years

Are you only counting Jrs who declared or RS Jrs too? Overall I completely agree with you but just wondering.

Re: When you say after three years

bmw, no, I mean kids who were enrolled in school only for 3 years. So either true juniors or redshirt soph's like Manziel. I read an article a few months ago or so that analyzed QB's who were drafted in the 1st round over the past 10 and very few who stayed in school for three years have had much success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT