ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 1 Thread

141: Nick Lee vs. Ryan Diehl (Maryland)

Per 1
Stalemate at 26 sec. Lee in on the right leg, reaches across and gets the other leg for the TD, 2-0. Diehl out, 2-1, then Lee grabs a leg, pulls Diehl away from the ledge, and gets the TD, 4-1. They are OOB with 1:20. Diehl gets a leg and gets behind him for the reversal, 4-3. Lee gets pinned at 2:12.

Double damn

A Loss is a loss, and like you said, this was pretty much expected.

Honestly, I had to laugh at anyone who said Keener might beat Forys (e.g., Cari Greene of BSD).

And the Nick Lee loss really, really hurts PSU's team chances.

Nick Lee can do some damage on the back end, but he is going to need to really bonus guys for the team race, and we are going to need some real luck with some tOSU guys going down early as well.

It's a shame, Lee is much better than that and Keener was much better on his feet. We are so used to our guys coming out and performing great on day one and this year is the opposite.

It's a long tourney, though. It's not over.

Hey, we have been very spoiled with recent success from freshman and a true freshman national champ last year. Sometimes true freshman get caught. What you gonna do?

Hey, we have been very spoiled with recent success from freshman and a true freshman national champ last year. Sometimes true freshman get caught. What you gonna do?

There is nothing we can do. If I had to guess I'd say Nick Lee is not happy and I'll bet he takes it out on the next guy he wrestles.

This isn't over. It's a long tourney.

Can't win the tourney on day one, but can lose it. Not panicking yet, but Lee to the wrestlebacks in round 1 R E A L L Y hurts...

Nick's gonna have Alber tonight... he might be having Jimmy John's after that. This start makes Shak an even bigger key than he already was.

BTW, does anything think the fireman's has made a comeback this year? Maybe it's only me, but I don't remember see guys using in forever. And this year everybody is using it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT