ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Barber, Bolds, Hansard from the 2017 class and Culpepper, Hawkins, and Mustipher in 2018 class.

DL potentials are being upgraded. Bigger and stronger. Need the three ends to compliment Matos. More big time studs in 2019, too.

Defensive interior should be nearing elite status for 2019/ 2020 seasons.

We were talking about guys who could play 1 technique.
Windsor and Shelton are on the depth chart as 1 technique guys now, Hansard is redshirting and we have Mustipher coming in who will probably be physically ready to play as a freshman. I think the 2018 depth chart at DT will look like this:

1T: Windsor/Shelton/Hansard
3T: Givens/Jordan/Bolds

We could see some wrinkles if Buchholz slides down to DT permanently (assuming Torrence Brown returns at DE) or if any of the DT recruits force their way onto the depth chart as true freshmen - but we certainly have enough depth at both positions. None of the guys I listed will be seniors, either.

Reel him in Curtis! State needs another long receiver.
Yes. The 2017 recruiting class of WRs were all of the smaller, quick variety -- Hippenhammer, Hamler, and Sullivan-Brown. Good to have a balance of size and skills for playmakers.

PSU is still recruiting Parsons, Smith, Oweh, Friday, Anoma, and Sandidge at DL. Culpepper is a Buchholz type of DL so another DT would fit if they strike out on any of the DE’s. Still pursing Enis, Walker, and Raines, too.

They are taking nothing for granted with current commits. You can’t. Look what happened to Hardy and Tarburton, although his situation is not near as serious an issue as Hardy’s.

Is Enis #21 ans Oweh is #22 or least I think that is the case? I'm sure someone will have it broken down soon. Hopefully for once we can keep that buzz with Oweh as it always fades with him after his next visit elsewhere.

Parsons accepted into PSU but probably applied everywhere that he is considering early enrolling - can't just show up at college last second and walk into class. Still good news all in all for sure.
The eyeballs emoji back and forth from Oweh and Enis is more newsworthy IMO. And yes, Enis did wear #21 in his official visit photos, Oweh wore #22. Not sure how often they've visited campus at same time but glad they seem to struck up some measure of a friendship this weekend.

Sounds like we are in great shape with Walker, Smith, Parsons and Enis. Oweh could very well end up in this group. Do we have room for all 5 of these guys if they all come to happy valley?

One thing you notice about these recruits listed above. They are grown ass men, they are physically ready to play at this level it looks like.

Did I understand Parsons' tweet to mean he would be attending PSU with early enrollment?

It appears the evaluation has been completed and Parsons' transcripts meet the PSU academic requirements.

Parsons transferred from Central Dauphin HS to Harrisburg HS in 2016. Questions regarding his course work from two different schools vs PSU's requirements appear to have been answered.

That clears an important hurdle and is a credit to Parsons, his family and his academic advisers, who worked to help him fulfill required coursework and academic standing.

This may not speak to his early graduation. It may mean that he is on track with his stated classes and assuming he graduates, his enrollment is assured. When he graduates may still be TBD.

Congratulations to Micah for tackling the hard work, both on and off the field!

Last edited:
Did I understand Parsons' tweet to mean he would be attending PSU with early enrollment?

Don't think so. HS kids are getting acceptance letters now, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can enroll early.

It's like college kids getting job offers before they graduate. They are still expected to graduate.

Reactions: T J
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT