ADVERTISEMENT

2019-2020 Premier League thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EdkGT9wWoAAVQRq

Klopp is really, really good. Watch how Liverpool is organized in attack. A team with their type of possession style should be open to a quick, counter attack when they lose the ball in the opponent’s third of the field. They are so compact both along the vertical and horizontal axis that they more often than not have at least two players near the ball to press when they lose it.

I was glad Spurs at least snuck into Europa (though disappointed with their play in that final game when a Wolves draw would’ve kept them out). I guess it’s questionable whether Europa is worth it instead of keeping players better rested for a better EPL form, but I prefer they’re in.

I just don’t know why next year will be better. They need to either go spend money, or sell off. There’s point letting this group just get older if they aren’t going to make moves to get better. Given what’s happened this year and how next season is looking, with all the money lost, I can’t Spurs spending, and I can’t see anyone else making them offers they can’t refuse. So I fear next season will be a repeat of this.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
I was glad Spurs at least snuck into Europa (though disappointed with their play in that final game when a Wolves draw would’ve kept them out). I guess it’s questionable whether Europa is worth it instead of keeping players better rested for a better EPL form, but I prefer they’re in.

I just don’t know why next year will be better. They need to either go spend money, or sell off. There’s point letting this group just get older if they aren’t going to make moves to get better. Given what’s happened this year and how next season is looking, with all the money lost, I can’t Spurs spending, and I can’t see anyone else making them offers they can’t refuse. So I fear next season will be a repeat of this.

Teams get between 20-25 million Euros for making the qualifying rounds which is a given for Spurs. Winning the competition can carry a reward of 45 million Euros. It is definitely worth it to make it, especially because Spurs have no chance to win the league next year. The gulf between Liverpool and City and the rest of the pack is massive.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT