ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting Class Thread

Mostella is already 6’6” and 248 pounds right now as a true freshman. He’d be the second heaviest linebacker on the roster this year behind walk-on redshirt freshman Alex Furmanek. Mostella is going to keep putting on weight and he’ll be 6’6” and 265 pounds as a redshirt freshman this time next year.
What's crazy is how thin he appears if he is really carrying 250. Long kid and I'm guessing the frame to add at least 20 lbs easily without losing athleticism. Intriguing prospect but in the category of not for immediate impact. I think he's one that pans out maybe by junior year.

Vilbert, Darkwa and Mulbah are all going to be monsters. Mostella needs to play LB. I don't see him putting on the 50 lbs he will need to play DE.

Mostella reportedly arrived at PSU last winter at around 220 lbs, but is now listed at 248 lbs on the recently released roster. So he doesn't need to put on 50 lbs. He'll likely not play much at all this season with the upper classmen and current depth at DE. And it is likely he will be 255-260 by the 2021 season..... I'd be my paycheck you never see him take a snap at LB..... ;)

Already posted this before I saw a similar response. Mostella looks taller than 6'6", and looks to have the frame to be a Carl Nassib clone by 2022 or 2023.

Last edited:
Looks like Derrick Davis changed his plans and he and his family will visit Georgia this weekend, then he will visit LSU the following weekend, and then he will commit on Saturday, November 7th. It does not look good when a recruit visits two of the top "Bag Man" football programs just before committing. Or maybe he has made up his mind and just wants to enjoy the recruiting process a little more.

Last edited:
Better UG or LSU than The Ohio State.

True, though given his relationship with Terry Smith and his proximity to us -- plus visiting about 100 times -- this is precisely the kind of recruitment we need to win.

With Brisker and Wade graduating and presumably going pro after this year (I know this year everybody gets to retain their eligibility for another year, but I'd imagine they'll be ready to move on), he'd have an opportunity to start next year.

It does seem to bode well that he's not attending that OSU recruit bash, though.

Better UG or LSU than The Ohio State.

In addition to UGA he will try to visit LSU.

I wish I had a dollar for each of the unfunny bagman jokes that get made on this board. Of course, the only reason a stud football player would want to go to UGA or LSU would be cash, no other conceivable reason

Maybe but there have also been a ton of recruits bought by these programs. It would be tough to deny that.
I’m not going to derail this thread, but you’re incredibly naive if you think it’s the ‘pure as the driven snow’ Penn State vs the evil programs that pay players

Its being reported that Derrick Davis and family changed their minds again and he will now visit Ohio State for the Buckeye Bash this weekend. Knowing that Ohio State already has 5 DBs committed in the 2021 class, I find it hard to believe that he will commit to Ohio State based on the depth chart alone.

Reactions: TheGLOV
1. Buckeye Bash? I am sure they wouldn't break the rules but how is this allowed with the dead period still in effect? Because Davis will pay his own way?

2. IMO he is gone and the class of 2021 gets even more confusing......doesn't the kid go to Gateway HS?

Its being reported that Derrick Davis and family changed their minds again and he will now visit Ohio State for the Buckeye Bash this weekend. Knowing that Ohio State already has 5 DBs committed in the 2021 class, I find it hard to believe that he will commit to Ohio State based on the depth chart alone.

Highly doubt that will deter him. He’s probably better than most if not all of those other 5 DBs.

If OSU wants him and he wants in, that’s that. He won’t be afraid of competition.

This is big boy recruiting and the type of race we need to win.

1. Buckeye Bash? I am sure they wouldn't break the rules but how is this allowed with the dead period still in effect? Because Davis will pay his own way?

2. IMO he is gone and the class of 2021 gets even more confusing......doesn't the kid go to Gateway HS?

The Buckeye Bash is similar to the unofficial visits that occurred at Oklahoma, LSU, and Georgia over the past couple of months. Supposedly, these visits are organized and planned by the existing commits and paid for by the commits/guests and their families. The commits/guests and their families cannot have incremental access to the football facilities as compared to an ordinary John Doe and Jane Doe. In addition, the Football coaches and staff cannot meet with the commits/guests and their families, although the Oklahoma coaching staff violated that rule and Tristan Leigh called them out on it to the LSU coaching staff, which is why LSUs coach Orgeron gave an interview and said the NCAA should look into what Oklahoma did.

The Buckeye Bash is similar to the unofficial visits that occurred at Oklahoma, LSU, and Georgia over the past couple of months. Supposedly, these visits are organized and planned by the existing commits and paid for by the commits/guests and their families. The commits/guests and their families cannot have incremental access to the football facilities as compared to an ordinary John Doe and Jane Doe. In addition, the Football coaches and staff cannot meet with the commits/guests and their families, although the Oklahoma coaching staff violated that rule and Tristan Leigh called them out on it to the LSU coaching staff, which is why LSUs coach Orgeron gave an interview and said the NCAA should look into what Oklahoma did.
Now in what alternate universe are we to believe that the OSU coaches won’t have any interaction whatsoever with recruits. I guess the parents and the existing OSU recruits are such accomplished recruiters that the Buckeye Bash is their most successful outing without any official assistance. I’m sorry, but color me dubious.

Now in what alternate universe are we to believe that the OSU coaches won’t have any interaction whatsoever with recruits. I guess the parents and the existing OSU recruits are such accomplished recruiters that the Buckeye Bash is their most successful outing without any official assistance. I’m sorry, but color me dubious.
I think the bagmen are actually coordinating these big collections of unofficial visits. Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, now Ohio State. All $chool$ that are known for this.

Flame away for being an optimist, but doesn't it stand to reason if a commitment date is already set and a recruit keeps changing which final schools he's going to go check out just before committing - that none of those schools would be the perceived leader? Doesn't that make too much sense?

If he postpones his commitment date after visiting though - please feel free to run around with your hair on fire.

I think the bagmen are actually coordinating these big collections of unofficial visits. Oklahoma, LSU, Georgia, now Ohio State. All $chool$ that are known for this.

This is the reason we are struggling so badly this recruiting period. We will not break the rules which puts us at a deeper disadvantage in COVID-times.

Last edited:
Flame away for being an optimist, but doesn't it stand to reason if a commitment date is already set and a recruit keeps changing which final schools he's going to go check out just before committing - that none of those schools would be the perceived leader? Doesn't that make too much sense?

If he postpones his commitment date after visiting though - please feel free to run around with your hair on fire.

Yep, I think that's a perfectly reasonable inference based on what's happening.

Now, I suspect it's not 100% decided. If it were, why spend your own money to travel to other places and get one last pitch? So, OSU is very much in this thing.

Dead period or not, he's going to get the full pitch from OSU. Let's hope the relationship with Terry Smith wins out.

Yep, I think that's a perfectly reasonable inference based on what's happening.

Now, I suspect it's not 100% decided. If it were, why spend your own money to travel to other places and get one last pitch? So, OSU is very much in this thing.

Dead period or not, he's going to get the full pitch from OSU. Let's hope the relationship with Terry Smith wins out.

Lasch Bach > Anything OSU GOT GOING

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT