ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

giphy.gif

Will this finally get Allar his fourth (or fifth) star on Rivals?

giphy.gif

Will this finally get Allar his fourth (or fifth) star on Rivals?

If he finishes at or near the top by the end of the Elite11 event, I imagine he'll get a nice bump.

IIRC, Veilleux had a really strong opening session last year, then faded a bit as the event went on. Allar is a much better arm talent, but I'll be curious to see how he looks in mobility drills. He's a much better downfield thrower than Veilleux, based on the scouting reports at least. Veilleux did well in short passing scenarios.

Safe to say he's one of the top arm talents in this class. Possibly #2 behind Ewers -- and that's no small feat seeing as though Ewers is being called the best pure arm talent since Matthew Stafford.

Going to have some misses this cycle which sucks - but the Allar commitment is huge. IMO, the biggest missing piece has been the elite level QB.

Camps don’t always prove much, and prospecting QBs can be difficult, so Allar might end up being a bust. But the Allar/Pribula combo is the most important aspect of this class.
Compared to the last 2 classes a lot more hits than misses.

SI is the outlier by ranking Drew Allar as the No. 13 QB after Day 1:

Here is the SI story - glad to see they’re the outlier. Nothing really negative to say about Allar - just have him rated really low. They had Ewers at 10 too.

Why does rivals rate Allar 5.7 3*? A case of not being able to see him in person? Or just a legit take on his potential/skill set?

Not bashing, I know these outlets have differing criteria/camps they base things off of - just wondering.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bmw199
Why does rivals rate Allar 5.7 3*? A case of not being able to see him in person? Or just a legit take on his potential/skill set?

Not bashing, I know these outlets have differing criteria/camps they base things off of - just wondering.
Rivals is pretty bad a lot of times on the rankings, so much so that I don't even pay attention to their rankings anymore. Not relevant.

Looks like Nick Singletons commitment date of July 6th has been deleted and removed from certain websites. Hopefully it’s just a logistics change, and not a change of heart.
Taking the original report with a grain of salt...despite the implication of the deleted tweet, is it confirmed that said timeline event ever actually appeared on a "certain website"? If nothing was actually scheduled (or intended to be shared publicly) then there would be nothing to "cancel".

EDIT: Nevermind...see the 6th post below this one by ChiTownLion.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGLOV
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT