ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Class Thread

PSU obviously full at the RB position...but it seems that the interest in PSU as a "Top 4" is nevertheless legitimate. Similar to a previous RB recruit, could have been a "Top 3", so perhaps the inclusion of PSU in a "Top 4" is out of respect and certainly burns no bridges.

PSU obviously full at the RB position...but it seems that the interest in PSU as a "Top 4" is nevertheless legitimate. Similar to a previous RB recruit, could have been a "Top 3", so perhaps the inclusion of PSU in a "Top 4" is out of respect and certainly burns no bridges.

In case of de-commitment, break the glass and call these guys?

What is the status of Tyreese Fearbry? Crystal balls pointing to Pitt but his decommitment message was ambiguous to say the least. Does he still have a commitable offer? Has Wesolak taken his offer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: TheGLOV
What is the status of Tyreese Fearbry? Crystal balls pointing to Pitt but his decommitment message was ambiguous to say the least. Does he still have a commitable offer? Has Wesolak taken his offer? Inquiring minds want to know.
To answer your question, I don't think anyone outside of the Penn State football program knows the status of Tyreese Fearbry right now. Fearbry committed to Penn State in early July, and then visited Pitt a few times while he was a Penn State verbal commitment. Fearbry decommitted from Penn State on Thursday, July 29th and then he was on Penn State's campus for the Lasch Bash that Saturday, July 31st. Some speculation that some locals in Pittsburgh made his life difficult after he committed to Penn State, but then others have said that Fearbry's family wants him to leave Pittsburgh. Since it was well known that he was visiting Pitt while being a Penn State commit, my gut feeling is that Franklin told him to decommit until he made up his mind. That could explain his decommitment tweet of “…until further notice”.

To answer your question, I don't think anyone outside of the Penn State football program knows the status of Tyreese Fearbry right now. Fearbry committed to Penn State in early July, and then visited Pitt a few times while he was a Penn State verbal commitment. Fearbry decommitted from Penn State on Thursday, July 29th and then he was on Penn State's campus for the Lasch Bash that Saturday, July 31st. Some speculation that some locals in Pittsburgh made his life difficult after he committed to Penn State, but then others have said that Fearbry's family wants him to leave Pittsburgh. Since it was well known that he was visiting Pitt while being a Penn State commit, my gut feeling is that Franklin told him to decommit until he made up his mind. That could explain his decommitment tweet of “…until further notice”.
I'd add that PSU would certainly still take his commitment. Dohn said on the last podcast that he expect his recruitment to do down to the wire and general vibe is whoever talks to him last may get his commitment. If he had to pick right now he'd say he ends up at Pitt but it sounds like no one will no for sure where he winds up until signing day.

So, is there a consensus as to who is the better prospect, Fearbry or Wesolak? I love getting in-state guys almost as much I enjoy their contributions once aboard.

So, is there a consensus as to who is the better prospect, Fearbry or Wesolak? I love getting in-state guys almost as much I enjoy their contributions once aboard.

Both are great prospects.

DJ Wesolak is rated as the No. 11 DE.
Tyrese Fearbry is rated as the No. 12 DE.

Wesolak is 6-5.
Fearbry is 6-5.

Wesolak is talking about linebacker and end.
Fearbry is more talked about as an end.

Wesolak has 50 offers.
Fearbry has 16 offers.

Here are their profiles:
DJ Wesolak
Tyrese Fearbry

Last edited:
Both are great prospects.

DJ Wesolak is rated as the No. 11 DE.
Tyrese Fearbry is rated as the No. 12 DE.

Wesolak is 6-5.
Fearbry is 6-5.

Wesolak is talking about linebacker and end.
Fearbry is more talked about as an end.

Wesolak has 50 offers.
Fearbry has 16 offers.

Here are their profiles:
DJ Wesolak
Tyrese Fearbry

When I look at the roster together with the current commitments it seems to me that another LB would be a higher priority than another DE.

The current team is an injury away from being short of non-freshman bodies at LB, even though there could be only 2 LB's on the field for a good number of plays this Fall......

anything new to share ??? Thanks (Aug 16 @ Noon)
It's funny that you ask that, because with 24 current commitments and discussions of total potential commitments being in the 25-27 range, there isn't going to be much recruiting news over the next 4 months unless things go south. As mentioned before, we will see our current 247 #1, Rivals #2, rankings go down as other teams fill up their classes. Who else in the 2022 class is the staff pressing hard now? Fearbry, Wesolak, Clemmons, Roye, Wagner, who else, assuming the current class of commits stays together.

New Rivals top 250 drops tomorrow. Bets on the over/under of Allar's ranking? Will he make the top 250?

Yes. Guessing between 30s (On3 has him at #36 I think) and 120s (no worse rating than #7 QB coming out of E11, depends how they have the others ranked).

Saunders at the #22 WR is an insult. If someone dominates the 5 star challenge like he has, an upgrade should certainly be in the works!
Agreed, it's asinine to believe there are 20 guys better than him based on what we've seen this summer. Maybe he's not a five-star but no way can you find 20 guys who had better Summers and film than he has.

It's funny that you ask that, because with 24 current commitments and discussions of total potential commitments being in the 25-27 range, there isn't going to be much recruiting news over the next 4 months unless things go south. As mentioned before, we will see our current 247 #1, Rivals #2, rankings go down as other teams fill up their classes. Who else in the 2022 class is the staff pressing hard now? Fearbry, Wesolak, Clemmons, Roye, Wagner, who else, assuming the current class of commits stays together.
Visited in July.

I was told that DDS was injured in a scrimmage yesterday. Some elbow or arm injury. He apparently had to come out and didn't return. That's all I know.

Last edited:
I mean, at least Allar isn't criminally underranked anymore. But having Allar as the #16 QB in the country after he was comfortably in the top 11 at the Elite 11 feels a lot like Rivals bitterly not wanting to let go of their insane Hackenberg comparison instead of actually evaluating the kid fairly.

I mean, at least Allar isn't criminally underranked anymore. But having Allar as the #16 QB in the country after he was comfortably in the top 11 at the Elite 11 feels a lot like Rivals bitterly not wanting to let go of their insane Hackenberg comparison instead of actually evaluating the kid fairly.

Abdul Carter jumped into the rankings as well.

Saunders and Flowers got nice bumps. (78 and 40 I think)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT