ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

It was a heck a match between the two. Maybe there is something to room familiarity.

It’s not like Kennedy wrestled poorly. He lost by 2 in OT to a ranked wrestler.

We probably all overreact to small sample sizes. Good and bad.
it’s a good match up for kennedy. marinelli doesn’t do any of the things that give him trouble.

if they gave points for getting to legs, PK would be a title contender. because they require you to finish, he’s a fringe top 15 guy.

this was his first real college folkstyle tournament. he got exposed and now has some very clear things to work on.

Reactions: baccafarmer
For sure he does and it's Creighton's spot right now. I'm saying, he looked his best at 165 in his redshirting year. That was a long time ago but maybe the cut is tough on him so maybe going back gives him rejuvenated energy he doesn't have right now.
There's a lot of hand-wringing over possible reasons Joe is not meeting our expectations. Maybe the solution to our angst is not so much finding ways to change/fix Joe Lee but rather to change/fix our expectations.

As a certain successful coach often says, "it's up to him". Personally, I'm all-in on Edsell for now ... he's wrestling pretty well.

There's a lot of hand-wringing over possible reasons Joe is not meeting our expectations. Maybe the solution to our angst is not so much finding ways to change/fix Joe Lee but rather to change/fix our expectations.

As a certain successful coach often says, "it's up to him". Personally, I'm all-in on Edsell for now ... he's wrestling pretty well.
I’ll admit, I had huge expectations of Joe this year. That has since been fixed…

it’s a good match up for kennedy. marinelli doesn’t do any of the things that give him trouble.

if they gave points for getting to legs, PK would be a title contender. because they require you to finish, he’s a fringe top 15 guy.

this was his first real college folkstyle tournament. he got exposed and now has some very clear things to work on.
I like you your are rational lol. Nothing beats logic especially on a wrestling forum lol

Reactions: js8793
It would be great if this tournament could be rejuvinated next year to what it once was with several top teams (including PSU) showing up. The Florida duals are much less interesting.
How many great duals went down to the last match or two? They were great (in best Tony the Tiger voice).

I think you can run an ad blocker to eliminate them. It's been a while, though.
Im on via roku and honestly don't have the time to sideload anything. I'll try what others have said about switching mats and going back fast.

Ayala is wrestling Surtin again. With him already beating Surtin and with him now being the presumptive starter at 125… I didn’t think he would.

Surtin throws Ayala to his back for 6 points in first. I was sure it would end up a fall but Ayala eventually got to his belly. 6-0 Surtin after one with 1:25 adv.

7-0 after two. Surtin escape early and then defended a couple deep Ayala shots.

Ayala trying to play cat and mouse but that’s gonna take a lot of TDs. Three so far.

interestung… Ayala gets some back points and suddenly it’s 8-10 with 21 secs to go.

another Ayala td and then 4 back and Ayala wins 14-10 after trailing 7-0 thru 2 periods.

Ayala is wrestling Surtin again. With him already beating Surtin and with him now being the presumptive starter at 125… I didn’t think he would.

Surtin throws Ayala to his back for 6 points in first. I was sure it would end up a fall but Ayala eventually got to his belly. 6-0 Surtin after one with 1:25 adv.

7-0 after two. Surtin escape early and then defended a couple deep Ayala shots.

Ayala trying to play cat and mouse but that’s gonna take a lot of TDs. Three so far.

interestung… Ayala gets some back points and suddenly it’s 8-10 with 21 secs to go.

another Ayala td and then 4 back and Ayala wins 14-10 after trailing 7-0 thru 2 periods.
Stud.

That was really impressive for Ayala, he's got the tenacity. Seems to never take bottom though, at NCAAs he'll need that escape point at times

Reactions: mcpat
Gutsy comeback by Ayala! I thought he was toast after that throw in the first.

If there was any question about Ayala taking the 125 spot....it's over. No way TnT watch this tournament and don't rip that shirt off. He is everything they want in their guys.

Even if Spencer doesn't pin anybody, just tech falls through the semis and wins a regular decision in the finals that's 26 points. If the kid finishes 5th with a couple majors he scores 12 points. A 15 point loss is not a ridiculous expectation.
Short of Spencer, an Iowa kid coming up short at nationals is not all that far fetched.
People are forgetting that last part. Prior to last year Iowa underperformed their seeding for a decade. They were the overwhelming favorite last year and won. Without Lee they probably aren’t the favorite now. That will have them tense and wrestling like it.

People are forgetting that last part. Prior to last year Iowa underperformed their seeding for a decade. They were the overwhelming favorite last year and won. Without Lee they probably aren’t the favorite now. That will have them tense and wrestling like it.
Seems foolish to expect a rival squad to wrestle "tense" and/or underperform their seeds, especially months before the seeds are known. I would this in the category of 'past performance does not ensure future results".

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
Think I mentioned earlier in the thread, but Edmond is must see TV any time he wrestles.

Think I mentioned earlier in the thread, but Edmond is must see TV any time he wrestles.
That was a crazy fun match.

edit: I posted that before realizing everyone already said it. :)

It's working now. It must have been me if no one else had issues. Not sure what I did. Will have to back and watch 157
The clock and score graph wasn’t working for me earlier, but just the one match when you had trouble earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT