ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Southern scuffle

Looks like Jonathan Loew grew another 2 inches since the semis, that is one tall drink of water.

Cochran is having a whale of tournament.

Makes paying $40/ea for tix this Friday less absurd I guess

Cochran is good. Glad to see Maryland getting going in the right direction.

Beard vs Elam

The match we’ve been waiting for. Elam was 5th last year at NCAAs to Beard’s 7th. Elam also was a junior world champ in 2021.

Elam a large 197 lber. Hand fighting only thru a minute; no real shots. 1:40 until Beard takes the first real shot and Elam reshoots. Nothing. Elam with a deep shot… Beard fighting it off… and Beard’s knee gets tweaked. Beard in obvious pain. 1:08 to go. 2-0 Elam. Injury time for Beard.

Beard continues! Elam chooses bottom on injury restart. Elam out in 7 secs. 3-0 Elam now. Elam with a deep shot 0:18 to go and finishes with 0:04 to go. First period ends with Elam winning
5-0.

Match ends there. Cunningham calls it when Beard favors leg after 1st period.

wishing Beard health and recovery.

Im on via roku and honestly don't have the time to sideload anything. I'll try what others have said about switching mats and going back fast.
Ah, as soon as I hit send, I wondered if you might be on a smart TV. At least you'll know what to try if you're ever watching on phone or computer.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Seems foolish to expect a rival squad to wrestle "tense" and/or underperform their seeds, especially months before the seeds are known. I would this in the category of 'past performance does not ensure future results".
I suppose unless the same coaches are coaching them and the wrestlers are known quantities and then I think we can extrapolate performance but you are right that neither of us can see the future.

Not going to lie (don't get this interpreted as a "we picked the wrong wrestler") but @smalls103 talking about Dean Hamiti on his show today made me check his results and good lord. Seeing him absolutely mop the floor with competition this year makes me very jealous. Long term, I still believe Alex can be better (he did beat Dean in freestyle) but good lord, that kid is very good right now and ready to score major points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT