ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 B1G Tournament

Back side looking very friendly for PSU
Van Ness likely has:

Reynolds (PUR)
Lamer (UM)
Rooks (IND)

in order to reach the third-place match.

Facundo likely ha
South (MD)
Sparks (MINN)
Banged up or MFF Amine (UM)

Think Lamer and Sparks are the biggest land mines there. Hard to see Amine wrestling back. Now, if he beats Kennedy obviously that all changes.

Reactions: mcpat
It's not dismay. It's about how this sport is being killed by pathetic refs and a media that hasn't a damn clue. This sport is desperate to grow, or else, it will be gone from the Olympics as well, once again.

This sport needs to market itself properly, and at this point, who is actually doing that? Every sport on TV promotes or highlights its best people. B1G did little of that today. They are clueless in this regard.
We keep growing women’s wrestling. That’s the ticket to growing the sport. For both men and women.

Van Ness likely has:

Reynolds (PUR)
Lamer (UM)
Rooks (IND)

Facundo likely ha
South (MD)
Sparks (MINN)

Think Lamer and Sparks are the biggest land mines there. Hard to see Amine wrestling back. Now, if he beats Kennedy obviously that all changes.
So you like the backside, you say?

Van Ness likely has:

Reynolds (PUR)
Lamer (UM)
Rooks (IND)

Facundo likely ha
South (MD)
Sparks (MINN)

I have a hard time seeing Amine beat Kennedy with how he’s been looking today. He definitely seems banged up
I feel really bad for Gomez. Kid was having a fantastic year but his injury seems severe enough that I can’t see him doing anything at nationals assuming he makes it

It’s a western pa thing, you wouldn’t understand.

I understand.
forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif

Reactions: danoftw
It's not dismay. It's about how this sport is being killed by pathetic refs and a media that hasn't a damn clue. This sport is desperate to grow, or else, it will be gone from the Olympics as well, once again.

This sport needs to market itself properly, and at this point, who is actually doing that? Every sport on TV promotes or highlights its best people. B1G did little of that today. They are clueless in this regard.
What would really kill college wrestling is if it turns into free style.

For the record, perhaps the most entertaining comment from round one - which was good for a solid two to three minutes of laughter - was when one of the commentators said “ok now let’s see if he [Nelson Brands] can get to his offense”.
Lol , but if you need to keep your opponent to a regular decision, Nelson is your man 😆

Reactions: Aardvark86
Everyone keeps saying 5 mins. Which would be a ludicrous amount of riding time except that it was almost 6 mins (5:55 to be exact).

Reactions: JOESTROSSER
I’m not feeling super confident about these semis. I don’t see any likely bonus, and we’re going to have real scraps at 141, 157, 197, and 285. Then again, it always seems B1Gs are tougher than NCAAs.

I’ll feel better if Beau scores the first TD in his match …

I’m not feeling super confident about these semis. I don’t see any likely bonus, and we’re going to have real scraps at 141, 157, 197, and 285. Then again, it always seems B1Gs are tougher than NCAAs.

I’ll feel better if Beau scores the first TD in his match …

Brooks beat Finesilver 14-4 last time. Carter beat Smith by 6.

Both are definitely possible of replicating or improving upon those results.

Reactions: Tabracing
What's the format to wrestle for 9th? Is it just the 4 losers of the next consi rd or do guys that are 0-2 still have a shot?

What's the format for who wrestle for 9th. Are wrestlers 0-2 out or do they still have a shot?

Not a bad second period for Steen. Down 5-1 going into 3rd. Chooses bottom.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Steen loses 7-2. It was 4-1 after one. He had some good shots in 2nd and 3rd periods.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT