ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Bracket Release Thread

So overall how do you like Iowas draws?
giphy.gif

Iowa:

- Lee draws Ramos in semifinals.

- Teske, a 24 seed, gets Nagao in second round if he gets by Phillips, although it would be more interesting if Henson beat Nagao and we saw Teske vs Henson.

- Woods draws Hardy in semifinals.

- Until Yianni in the quarters, Murin has a clean path.

- Ditto Kennedy until Hamiti in quarters.

- Brands has Smith in second round and then Lewis if he can beat Smith.

- Assad draws Coleman in 2nd round.

- Warner draws Caffey. Win that and it’s Elam. I think like Warner’s draw better than Dean’s.

- Big Tony gets Schultz in quarters.

Last edited:
Reactions: champlion
Andonian is a tough quarter but Levi is so sound fundamentally I don’t think he will get caught in any craziness. Super dangerous match though
I think we underestimate Levis’s upper body stuff. He has won every 50/50 he’s gotten into this year,has he not? He doesnt shy away from it one bit, I say BRING IT ON !!!

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
I think we underestimate Levis’s upper body stuff. He has won every 50/50 he’s gotten into this year,has he not? He doesnt shy away from it one bit, I say BRING IT ON !!!
My advice to Levi: DO NOT GO UPPER BODY WITH ANDONIAN!!!!!

He'd be playing into his strength. AOC beats him every time because he stays on his legs.

Iowa:

- Teske, a 24 seed, gets Nagao in second round if he gets by Phillips, although it would be more interesting if he Henson beat Nagao and we saw Teske vs Henson.

- Warner draws Caffey. Win that and it’s Elam. I think like Warner’s draw better than Dean’s.

Murin sure doesn’t have a clear path. His second match is against Milner who beat him at NCAA’s last year. Kennedy also has to get by Amine again which is as close as they come. Not easy

Iowa:

- Teske, a 24 seed, gets Nagao in second round if he gets by Phillips, although it would be more interesting if he Henson beat Nagao and we saw Teske vs Henson.

Murin’s second round is Millner who beat him 8-1 last year in the tourney.

Reactions: diggerpup
Call me crazy but I like Max draw..I thought the two guys that could give him problems is Elam and Truax and they both on opposite side. He'll beat Allred and Nino with the lights the brightest. I feel good about Max
Not worried about the guy that took him down three times on Sunday and wrestles him in the 2nd round next week?

Iowa:

Murin has Milner in rd 2..thats no clean path..lol Milner beat Murin 8-1 last yr at NCAA's He has the worst draw of anyone.

Seems people lost some faith in our own Max Dean. If he can't beat Alred and Nino he didnt deserve it anyway. I have full confidence he beats both, but if he doesn't he'll battle back

Levi's first round opponent, Lock Haven's Ashton Eyler, I'm pretty familiar with. Eyler is one of those guys who doesn't look like he's going to win any match he's in but he's crafty in scrambles and winds up pinning guys who thought they had a safe W. He wrestled 165 last year and I was surprised he was able to make the cut to 157.

I think LH's Gabe Strickland got kind of screwed with a 29 seed at 133 after winning the MAC last weekend, but beating ASU's McGee in R1 is unlikely but not out of the question.

Anthony Noto (125), at 8, will make the quarters before losing to Spencer. I think he makes the podium though, and can beat anyone not named Lee or Glory.,

Tyler Stoltzfus (174) is a 31 seed--a 2-2 tournament would be a pretty good tournament for him.

This has been your unofficial, abridged Lock Haven preview.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT