ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling 2023 NCAA Bracket Release Thread

He doesnt shy away from it one bit, I say BRING IT ON !!!
giphy.gif

Think we got great seeds, except for Brooks and Dean! Iowa got some bad matchups!

Brooks deserved whatever the formula spat out.

If you don’t have enough matches for an RPI AND you have a loss on the year to a guy that Keckeisen handled twice, you can’t be the #1.

Brooks could have wrestled two more massively overmatched opponents. He chose not to, and ended up 12-1 on the season, before NCAAs.

Brooks deserved whatever the formula spat out.

If you don’t have enough matches for an RPI AND you have a loss on the year to a guy that Keckeisen handled twice, you can’t be the #1.

Brooks could have wrestled two more massively overmatched opponents. He chose not to, and ended up 12-1 on the season, before NCAAs.
You're not wrong.

Of course Brooks could be the #33 seed and walk this bracket.

I don't like Beau against Mathews at all. Obviously there will be no takedowns and Mathews has a big advantage on top.

I see a lot of it doesn't matter for Aaron. Yeah, it probably won't, but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think Hidlay is the worst possible semis draw for him. He makes you wrestle his game and tries to steal it and he's been close both times. Every other opponent (yes including Coleman), I was comfortable Brooks would cruise through.

Reactions: RandyL and mcpat
I see a lot of it doesn't matter for Aaron. Yeah, it probably won't, but you're kidding yourselves if you don't think Hidlay is the worst possible semis draw for him. He makes you wrestle his game and tries to steal it and he's been close both times. Every other opponent (yes including Coleman), I was comfortable Brooks would cruise through.
They will be tougher on Hidlay's stalling in the semis than they are in the finals.

I don't like Beau against Mathews at all. Obviously there will be no takedowns and Mathews has a big advantage on top.
I think if there is a takedown it will be Beau's due to his speed. Cael needs to give him, SVN and Facundo some extra caffeine every day next week.

• Haha
Reactions: diggerpup
I think if there is a takedown it will be Beau's due to his speed. Cael needs to give him, SVN and Facundo some extra caffeine every day next week.
I know Facundo has beaten Ramirez multiple times in the past. Anyone know how many’s times they have met? Should be a round 2 match. Here is a freestyle match between the 2 from a year ago. Alex got to legs multiple times

Last edited:
Warner won't make the quarters
I think it is fairly obvious Warner hasn't been overly interested in the grind of his 6th year. One of 2 things is going to happen. After going through the grind in a disinterested fog, trying to kick start a sprint home might prove to be too difficult. Or, the freedom of knowing there ain't nothing to worry about over this hill might allow him to let go of the baggage and just let'er rip.

If it was me and I had a say, Warner would be told to run a couple miles every other day and stay home and relax.

That is basically what Sunderland did with Mark McKnight, Mark's last year. After going 1 - 3 in the Big10s Mark wrestled with new energy at NCAAs, went 6 - 2 and finished 4th.

Last edited:
I love the draws mostly , I also love this team. I think the Allred matchup will help Dean get totally locked in
My concern with Dean is that he might have mentally checked out and be ready to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT