ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Iowa related discussions, news, etc.

vhsalum

Nov 14, 2002
(Mod note - going to lock the Bird thread down as it's run its course over the last 4 years and start a new annual Iowa thread for any and all related news, discussions, rumors, lineups, match notes, etc. before the start of each season (we'll probably need to do the same with OSU)).

Sorry, if already posted, but with all the off-season changes what is Iowa's projected lineup?
125 - Peterson
133 - Ayala
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Teemer
165 - Cali
174 - Arnold/Kennedy
184 - Brands
197 - Buchanan
285 - Kueter

Last edited by a moderator:
125 - Peterson
133 - Ayala
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Teemer
165 - Cali
174 - Arnold/Kennedy
184 - Brands
197 - Buchanan
285 - Kueter
That appears to be a solid looking lineup. Probably going to sting when that lineup takes it on the chin more so than last year's.

I am not saying that just to rub salt in a Hawk's wound. I was just looking at that and realized if I was a Hawk fan I would be beaming with some hope. However, my nittany glasses are telling me a good night for you guys would be 3 wins and a good night for the Lions would be 10 wins. Either way, a beating on BTN.

Kennedy is interesting, he's kind of like our Facundo, which is ironic since they have been compared a lot since HS.

Talent is immense, just looked fantastic in freestyle (ran Ramirez off the mat basically at U23s, whereas Facundo just dominated Levi and gave JB a good match) but the question ultimately is if the coaches trust him to put it together in March.

(Mod note - perfect time to lock the Bird thread down and start a new annual Iowa thread for any and all related news, discussions, rumors, lineups, match notes, etc. before the start of each season (we'll probably need to do the same with OSU)).

raw

(Mod note - perfect time to lock the Bird thread down and start a new annual Iowa thread for any and all related news, discussions, rumors, lineups, match notes, etc. before the start of each season (we'll probably need to do the same with OSU)).

125 - Peterson
133 - Ayala
141 - Block
149 - Parco
157 - Teemer
165 - Cali
174 - Arnold/Kennedy
184 - Brands
197 - Buchanan
285 - Kueter

125 - Peterson -- RS Freshman
133 - Ayala -- Junior
141 - Block -- RS Freshman
149 - Parco -- Senior
157 - Teemer -- Grad
165 - Cali -- Junior
174 - Arnold/Kennedy -- Redshirt Freshman/Senior
184 - Brands -- Grad
197 - Buchanan -- Grad
285 - Kueter -- RS Freshman

That appears to be a solid looking lineup. Probably going to sting when that lineup takes it on the chin more so than last year's.

I am not saying that just to rub salt in a Hawk's wound. I was just looking at that and realized if I was a Hawk fan I would be beaming with some hope. However, my nittany glasses are telling me a good night for you guys would be 3 wins and a good night for the Lions would be 10 wins. Either way, a beating on BTN.
They solidified 2nd place for $1 mil. Dual wise, the most optimistic of Hawk fans are thinking 5/5 spilt.

Their 5 they hoping for is which is reasonable but doubtful.

Ayala
Parco
Teemer
Kennedy/Arnold
Buchanan

My opinion..Nagao/Davis gives Ayala all he can handle at 133, healthy Van Ness is 2 and 0 against Parco, Kasak gives Teemer all he can handle, really interested to see how Facundo fairs this year if Levi shirts. Buchanan is their one favorite

Shut down the Iowa soap opera when they just went all in crushing several developed wrestlers with transfers that may not end up being an upgrade. I would hope not this may be the most hilarious season yet.

That's the 1st time I've seen Peterson penciled in at 125. Is that a realistic cut?

I do know that whole board unraveled and fell apart this week I've seen the dumpster fire get pretty big there but it has now caught the building on fire, I think it's hilarious and I'm loving it, turks ban hammer and locking threads is just glorious!

Wrestling is an individual sport, but you still need leaders to get everyone, back-ups included, to work hard for a common goal. Who will that be?

Ayala? Is he all in? Leaders don't flirt with a rival in the off-season.
Kennedy? He might not even start.
Glazier? He would have been a good candidate, but he's gone.
One-year rentals? Mercenaries don't seem ideal for the role.
Freshmen? Maybe, but again, it's not ideal.

I guess that leaves Nelson and Caliendo by default. A gambler and a transfer ... fitting actually when I think about it.

If TnT have to carry the load, it could be a long season for the Hawks.

Last edited:
Reactions: District four
Sorry, if already posted, but with all the off-season changes what is Iowa's projected lineup?
125 Joey Cruz? Little Ayala? Can Petersen cut to 125? Word is that Drake Ayala is moving up, so they are in real trouble here.
133 Ayala
141 Block? They really need him to make this weight, but he's 6' tall, so it's going to be a tough cut. If not, they're in trouble here, too, and Block is, um, blocked by Parco and Teemer.
149 Parco
157 Teemer
165 Caliendo/Kennedy. Kennedy seems frozen out unless he can beat Caliendo or Gabe.
174 Arnold/Kennedy
184 Brands
197 Buchanan
HWT Kueter

Reactions: JOESTROSSER
He was never going 174.

Nelson just likes to see the natives restless.
It didn't work super well since every Iowa fan has been on the "Yeah no, he's going 184" even after it came out of the horses mouth he was going 174. 😅

He also wrestled 86KG (189) in the offseason.

Reactions: vhsalum
Hawks winning it baby.

Lilledahl continues the curse. loses in r12

Davis pulls a Davis

Bartlett 3rd

Van Ness gets hurt again

kasak 5th

MM champ

Facundo pulls a facunDOH

Starocci champ

Barr 5th

Kerk champ
Predicting injuries is cool

Reactions: mcpat
Iowa's favorite time of year..the offseason! The land of make believe and dreams of glory! Same thing year after year :) I love it!

Now just waiting for MSU to drop his annual manipulation of things to show how Iowa takes out PSU in team race
At 0030 on March 23, 2025 MSU will still be explaining how it is going to work.

Hawks winning it baby.

Davis pulls a Davis

Bartlett 3rd

Van Ness gets hurt again

kasak 5th

MM champ

Facundo pulls a facunDOH

Starocci champ

Barr 5th

Kerk champ
I get you are having fun, but my turn.
125 Luke dominates his way to a championship. 25.
133 Aaron or Braeden finish 3rd. 17.
141 Beau gets his championship, 22.
149 Shayne dominates the weight, 27.
157 Kasak just continues the roll, 25.
165 Mitchell is damn near perfect, 28.
174 Levi ends up the man and claims title number 2, 25.
184 Carter surrenders zero points and becomes only 5 time D1 NCAA champ. 26.
194 Barr wrestles and finishes 4th, 15.
Hwt Gregg sweeps his way through the hwt challenges and scores 27.

8 champs, 10 AAs and 237.

Last edited:
I get you are having fun, but my turn.
125 Luke dominates his way to a championship. 25.
133 Aaron or Braeden finish 3rd. 17.
141 Beau gets his championship, 22.
149 Shayne dominates the weight, 27.
157 Haines just continues the roll, 25.
165 Mitchell is damn near perfect, 28.
174 Levi ends up the man and claims title number 2, 25.
184 Carter surrenders zero points and becomes only 5 time D1 NCAA champ. 26.
194 Barr wrestles and finishes 4th, 15.
Hwt Gregg sweeps his way through the hwt challenges and scores 27.

8 champs, 10 AAs and 237.
Haines (157) and Levi (174) are split personalities here?

Hawks winning it baby.

Davis pulls a Davis

Bartlett 3rd

Van Ness gets hurt again

kasak 5th

MM champ

Facundo pulls a facunDOH

Starocci champ

Barr 5th

Kerk champ
It's funny that even in the Iowa fan tongue in cheek troll post, the worst they can do is 3 champs and 6 total AAs. That should be more than enough for another title. LOL.

It's funny that even in the Iowa fan tongue in cheek troll post, the worst they can do is 3 champs and 6 total AAs. That should be more than enough for another title. LOL.

NOT THIS TIME BUDDY!

and fine. Starocci loses to Keck in the finals.

Oh dang, I see. I'm sure that's never happened before Davis, certainly not 3 years ago or anything by a certain 165 pounder.
Is that when he broke a rib and was forced to withdraw so he wouldn't puncture a lung?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT