ADVERTISEMENT

2024-25 Iowa related discussions, news, etc.

Is that when he broke a rib and was forced to withdraw so he wouldn't puncture a lung?
No idea, I don't track injuries, all I know is someone took a shot at our guy so I'm firing back. If true, I do regret my comment as I respect Alex Marinelli.

That being said, weren't you the one that said you were perfectly justified in your comments about @johnstownsteel because he took a shot first? Maybe you shouldn't be the one to talk.

No idea, I don't track injuries, all I know is someone took a shot at our guy so I'm firing back. If true, I do regret my comment as I respect Alex Marinelli.

That being said, weren't you the one that said you were perfectly justified in your comments about @johnstownsteel because he took a shot first? Maybe you shouldn't be the one to talk.
Marinelli did not lose to Griffith because he broke a rib. And his next match would've been Amine. Biggest career margin was a 3-1 Amine win.

Marinelli might have placed, but it was hardly a given.

Reactions: pish69

Way to twist that around on me there at the end. Well done 😆

I respect Alex aswell. Great guy

Reactions: vhsalum
Is that when he broke a rib and was forced to withdraw so he wouldn't puncture a lung?
No, that's when he got a little owie and then decided to wimp out because all the big, bad meanies in his weight class were too rough for him.

• Haha
Davis lost to Figs 3-2, who beat Ayala 7-2 in the finals. BD was unfortunate enough to catch him in the quarters. That he then lost to the #5 seed in OT is no great surprise.

125 was topsy-turvy all year and continued to be through the tourney. #8 seed Figs was joined on the podium by #10, #12, #15 and #23. Among those who failed to reach AA was the giant killer Matt Ramos.

Last edited:
I do know that whole board unraveled and fell apart this week I've seen the dumpster fire get pretty big there but it has now caught the building on fire, I think it's hilarious and I'm loving it, turks ban hammer and locking threads is just glorious!
I was convinced Turk was going to ban Willie

Reactions: FatWoodchuck
Hawks winning it baby.

Lilledahl continues the curse. loses in r12

Davis pulls a Davis

Bartlett 3rd

Van Ness gets hurt again

kasak 5th

MM champ

Facundo pulls a facunDOH

Starocci champ

Barr 5th

Kerk champ
If winning individual championships at every weight but 125 since 2018 is a curse, curse me.

Reactions: vhsalum and danoftw
The 46th rated recruit wins Big Tens as a true freshman and loses by a point at NCAAs to the champ and in SV in the BR. Iowa fans twist that as “pulling a Davis”. Said like the true losers they are.

Last edited:
The 46th rated recruit wins Big Tens as a true freshman and loses by a point at NCAAs to the champ and in SV in the BR. Iowa fans twist that as “pulling a Davis”. Said like the true losers they are.

I guess I’ll point out it was one win less than their almighty program savior won as a 6th year senior at NCAAs.
Looked to me like one message board poster said "pulling a Davis"

That being said, weren't you the one that said you were perfectly justified in your comments about @johnstownsteel because he took a shot first?
Not sure of that, but mildturk IS the hypocrite who blasts us for visiting their Field Of Dreams (of winning another team title?) while continuing his jabs here. Same worm who penned the disgusting, deleted comments about our wine guy’s daughters. Recently appointed Hawk hall monitor, I suspect it may be his apex life achievement. I also suspect his mildness will ban me there now, too.

Not sure of that, but mildturk IS the hypocrite who blasts us for visiting their Field Of Dreams (of winning another team title?) while continuing his jabs here. Same worm who penned the disgusting, deleted comments about our wine guy’s daughters. Recently appointed Hawk hall monitor, I suspect it may be his apex life achievement. I also suspect his mildness will ban me there now, too.
He is an absolute piece of $h!+

If winning individual championships at every weight but 125 since 2018 is a curse, curse me.
harry potter curse GIF

Oh wow...Turk took time out from crying over what I say on his board to join us here. How's it feel to be such a weak little pssy to ban me and others over there because you don't like what we say?
Yep. P*ssy is a fitting description of the mods on GIA. I got a lifetime ban (it’s about a year and a half thus far) for basically nothing. Probably a few snarky comments about the Brands or Spencer’s mom’s optometrist. What a bunch of p*ssies!

Yep. P*ssy is a fitting description of the mods on GIA. I got a lifetime ban (it’s about a year and a half thus far) for basically nothing. Probably a few snarky comments about the Brands or years ago Spencer’s mom’s optometrist. What a bunch of p*ssies!
They don't like tough trolling over there.

I got banned from the Pitt board a few years ago. They claimed my name was offensive. Who knew??

Yep. P*ssy is a fitting description of the mods on GIA. I got a lifetime ban (it’s about a year and a half thus far) for basically nothing. Probably a few snarky comments about the Brands or Spencer’s mom’s optometrist. What a bunch of p*ssies!
I didn't even get a reprimand for trolling Gabe's dad for weeks and posting a picture of his face on a duck. LOL.

LOLZ
I just read through the Askren thread and wow is Iowa's board getting soft..
Locking a thread that was that vanilla WOW...
I can’t find it, so not just locked, but removed? Mods not wanting people to see the evidence?

Im sure slumlord Bob tells Turk what threads are allowed to exist on their board. Have to keep the propaganda going in the correct direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT