ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NCAA's - Match/discussion threads (merged)

I always thought Ragusin was good and I was hoping he would get a chance at Vito in the finals. That whole match with Fix really had me puzzled. You guys who weren't tuned into ESPN should have heard what Cormier and Burroughs were saying. They were incredulous that such a call could happen in the NCAA tournament.

He's going to be steaming over that one for a while. I hope that he eventually finds a way to let it go. I know it won't be easy but it's the best thing he can do for his own sake.

If Vito wrestles tonight like he's been looking for the past two days, I would rate Fix's chances at a very low level.
Hopefully that ref will be Eric Gregged

uncle leo drawn on eyebrows GIF by HULU
This post is so angry

Reactions: bwfight
3rd Place 149: #7 Tyler Kasak vs. #5 Ty Watters (WVU)
P1:
Let's go Tyler!
Watters looks thin & long, physically
Here we go!
Tying up & circling in the center
Kasak moving forward
Watters shoots, Kasak counters, gets the leg, working for a TD & gets it on the edge 3-0
This kid is awesome!
Out of bounds, restart
Watters to his feet, turns & tries to hip Kasak over, then gets the escape 3-1
Back to center, circling & tying up
Watters drops to a knee, then back up & back to center
Watters tries a throw by, Kasak blocks it off
Circling & tying up in the center again
1-min left
Watters tries another throw, Kasak reaches for a leg, nothing
Back to center, circling & tying up
Kasak moving forward, Watters backing to the edge, they break & go back near center
Time runs out as they jockey for position
Kasak +21-sec RT

P2:
Watters takes down
Watters to his feet, Kasak draped over, brings him back down, Watters bounces back up & gets the escape 3-2
Kasak +39-sec RT
Back to center
Watters throw, Kasak reaches for the legs, but nothing
Back to center, tying up & circling
1-min left
Watters shoots, nothing
Back to center
Watters shoots, gets the leg, but Kasak fights it off
Back to center, circling & tying up as the period ends

P3:
Kasak takes neutral
Byers saying Watters is good on top.
Tying up & circling in the center
Kasak tries throw by, no dice
Back to center
Watters tries for a leg, nothing
Watters tries for a leg again, no dice
Stall warning Kasak, WTF?
Kasak drops in on a leg, Watters trying to fight it off, Kasak steps over, working, working, but they go off the edge. Wow. Great scramble!
Blood time Kasak, bloody nose
Back to center
Watters gets to the leg, Kasak fighting it off & flips out of it
Watters attacking, Kasak defending
Back to center
Watters trying, but can't get anything as time runs out

#7 T.Kasak DEC #5 T.Watters 3-2

Tyler Kasak takes 3rd Place! What a phenomenal job by the freshman! After VanNess went down, how many people thought Tyler Kasak would out-place Ridge Lovett in the National Tournament? Wow! More team points too...creeping closer to the record!
Not bad for a kid who started the year third on the depth chart at 141.

We'll see. For now, I'm sticking with my opinion about Nagao.
Frankly I think Nagao should take a redshirt next year to relearn everything.

This season was a learning experience. The book came out and the worst chapters were revealed.

Only shot is to the right. No other neutral attacks. ✔️
Can't defend his legs check ✅
Can't scramble for offense check ✅
Has amazing ride but can't score from it unless it's a deep half that usually gets pd check ✅
Takes too long to get a feel for the match ✅

This is a rebuild that probably will take 2 years, this one and next one. Give Aaron a shirt and let Brayden eat and grow some more and then unleash that kraken named Lilledahl.

Hello this is Bobby Telford. You've probably never heard of me, but you know who Tyler Kasak is. I want you to know I did the same thing at the NCAA tournament. Thanks for taking my call!
Bobby!

Congratulations on being the final Hawk wrestler who was actually healthy enough at the end of the season to succeed! 9 years man, long time huh?

Oh wait I get it...those two psychotic little chipmunks were too small to beat you up 😂

This season was a learning experience. The book came out and the worst chapters were revealed.

Has amazing ride but can't score from it unless it's a deep half that usually gets pd check ✅

This is a rebuild that probably will take 2 years, this one and next one. Give Aaron a shirt and let Brayden eat and grow some mre and then unleash that kraken named Lilledahl.
Used his redshirt in 2022. ✅

I think Ramos weight cut was an issue.
Will Ramos be back next year? I’m sure he felt that he was good enough to be a NC this year and is really disappointed with his performance. As a consolation, we should award him an honorary position in the Penn State Wrestling Fan Hall of Fame because he gave us something that we use continuously when we feel like annoying the Hawkeye fans. 😈

This is a rebuild that probably will take 2 years, this one and next one. Give Aaron a shirt and let Brayden eat and grow some more and then unleash that kraken named Lilledahl.
Were you to hammered last night to remember your Nagao redshirt conversation?

SVN goes down for the season. Cael says "hold my rootbeer" and inserts unproven true freshman TK in the slot. TK proceeds to match SVN's result at nationals and exceed his bonus points.

The wrestling world calls it unbelievable. Penn State calls it just another Saturday in March.

:D
I wouldn't call TK unproven , the guy was a very high recruit coming out of HS.

141? Just maybe, out at least not a definitive no, from the horses mouth as opposed to opinion.

My 'opinion', Beau may have a lot to do with this decision. RS Kasak and he comes back Zain like for three years.

I didn't see him taking the slot from SVN, strategically flawed and Kasak is quickly becoming one of my favorites but I am not extrapolating that to he will be better than SVN next year. More likely he goes down and challenges Beau if he stays. As hard a through for a 3rd at nationals, RS is probably the best answer.
why do we think anyone wants to redshirt or move weight classes , maybe the most likely scenario that they fight it out for the spot or one hits the portal.

Is it wrong to feel so nervous 1 hour out?

To think we are 80 points up before the finals, what an amazing blessing. We are rabid fans living in the glory years for this program, savoring what Cael has built, enjoy. Nothing lasts forever.

I just can't relax knowing we have so many kids that have yet to achieve their goals.

I shouldn't be nervous as my personal priorities for this season were/are as follows:

1). The Team championship 11 of 13
2). Aaron and Carter getting their 4th
3). Levi, Mitch, Kerk, Beau getting their title in that order of importance.
4). Setting a new points record.

In the Grand scheme of things setting the points record really is not that important. Regardless of the outcome tonight this squad will be seen as one of the best and most dominant tournament teams ever. Wait until Braeden and Nagao enhance their resumes over the next few years.

An hour out and I am still nervous as shit. There are no guarantees in wrestling, that's why the have the matches. Where is my shot glass?

Did you really agree with the guy on GIA that Caliendo would do better against KOT than MM would against KOT?
might want to read that one again. let me know if you still can’t figure it out after and i’ll help you out.

Should I be nervous? 7 min left in a girls basketball game and USC has a 31 point lead. Cannot possibly cut away from this for wrestling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT