ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Olympic Trials match and discussion thread

Tired of idiot posters.

Some posters are always contributing with news, links, PBP, etc.

And other ass clowns pop in here, demanding scores or information. They’re either too stupid or too lazy.

I mean. Does this guy have his old lady wipe his ass and tie his shoes every morning too ? He knows how to click a mouse. He made his way onto here. He can go a little further in your own - or better yet, just read the intro post to the thread. Lazy Idiots.

PS - and all the “freestyle sucks” schmucks can **** off today as well.

s-l1200.webp

74kg Best of 3 Match 2: Kyle Dake vs. Jason Nolf

Dake won the first match 4-1
P1:
Tying up , Dake some snaps & they break away
Nolf snapping now, Dake pushes him to the edge, but Nolf circles back in
Back to center, Dake reaches for an ankle, nothing
Nolf head tapping, Dake looking for a tie, restart
Circling, head slapping
Passivity called Nolf
Nolf on the clock
Nolf tries to shoot, but Dake blocks him easily
Nolf shoots again, but nothing
Dake shot clock point, 1-0
1-min left
Head slapping, tying up & breaking apart
Nolf looking for an opening, but Dake with great defense
Dake just controlling the center & pushing Nolf towards the edge
Passivity on Dake
Nolf gets poked in the eye
7-sec left
Taking some time for Nolf to recover, talking to the trainers now
Direct poke to the eye
Nolf's okay and we are back at it, but period comes to an end quickly
1-0 Dake

P2:
Back at it
Tying up, working for position, Dake pushing forward, has Nolf near the edge, but he circles back in
Nolf near the edge again, Dake trying to force him out
Passivity on Nolf, on the clock again
Another shot clock point Dake, 2-0
< 2-min left
Tying up in the center & circling again
Dake keeps slowly pushing forward, then explodes & drives Nolf out for another point, 3-0
Back to center
Head slapping, tying up & breaking
1-min left
Nolf just can't seem to find an opening
Dake with rock solid defense
Nolf tries to shoot, but nothing
Nolf on his knees on the edge, restart
Nolf pushes Dake to the edge, gets in on a single & drives Dake out, 3-1
Back to center
Nolf trying to shoot, Dake ties him up & time expires

Kyle Dake DEC Jason Nolf 3-1

Dake wins the best of 3 finals 2-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
So tough for Nolf. I think he has improved so much and is likely a top 5 and maybe top 3 guy in the world. Unfortunately one of the very best is in front of him. I hope he keeps going for another cycle
The unfortunate truth for him is: he 's that good and still had to win 3 out of 4 against two all-time legends.

I also hope he remains patient. His day will eventually come.

The unfortunate truth for him is: he 's that good and still had to win 3 out of 4 against two all-time legends.

I also hope he remains patient. His day will eventually come.
I agree and think he likely makes the team next cycle but with guys like Mesenbrink coming up who knows. MM is improving rapidly. In 4 years he might be the man

The Intermat message board will explode if we get Blaze - many on there are on full tilt against Penn State.
Couldn't HVI sponsor, or give someone an NIL deal? It could be called a 'scholarship' is that helps. I'm sure we can find a way to use his name, image & likeness on the board. How do we start a collection? Who wants to write up the contract? 😜

Maybe someone can set up a 'Blaze to PSU' gofundme page?

Who wants to 'Go for the Gusto' to help recruiting?

Last edited:
I agree and think he likely makes the team next cycle but with guys like Mesenbrink coming up who knows. MM is improving rapidly. In 4 years he might be the man
Or Levi, whose style in probably closest to Dake's.

Mesenbrink is obviously a candidate. He gives up too many easy scores -- for example, getting in so close to Burroughs and not anticipating the drop-down knee pick. Clean that up with minimal change to pace, and he's a threat.

Couldn't HVI sponsor, or give someone an NIL deal? It could be called a 'scholarship' is that helps. I'm sure we can find a way to use his name, image & likeness on the board. How do we start a collection? Who wants to write up the contract? 😜

Maybe someone can set up a 'Blaze to PSU' gofundme page?
The Lisa Morales Excellence in Wrestling Scholarship

Hildebrandt is so good. Unfortunately she is in the same weight as Susaki which means silver is probably the best she can hope for. Susaki is on a different level
Agree. Yui Susaki is arguably the finest P4P Olympic freestyle wrestler, male or female, currently active in the world. That's based on average margin of victory and average match duration. The overall strength of the Japanese Women's team, particularly in the lighter weights, is such that it's quite possible her toughest competition for Olympic Gold at 50 kg will come from Japan itself.

A 10 - 0 first-period win versus Sun Yanaan of China in the 2020 Olympic Gold Medal match, her first Olympic Championship, was domination personified. Upsets are always possible but, barring injury, it's going to take huge one for her to lose this time around.

Last edited:
86kg Best of 3 Match 2: Aaron Brooks vs. David Taylor

Brooks won the first match 4-1, up one match to none

P1:
Here we go!
Brooks in red, Taylor in blue
I've got some goosebumps, but I've been drinking too.
A guy wiping something off the mat, more blood?
Taylor in on a shot quick, but nothing
Taylor more active early, Brooks tying him up, restart
Brooks head taps, then collar tie, looking for an underhhook, Taylor grounded, restart
Brooks head tapping & then passivity called on Brooks
Taylor poked in the eye or mouth & bleeding now
Blood time
Back at it, Taylor shoots in, Brooks blocks him off
Brooks trying to work an underhook, drives Taylor to the edge, but can't push him out
Taylor dives back in on a leg, but nothing
More blood time, Taylor bleeding
1:38 left
2 people cleaning the mat
Nickal in Brooks's corner
Taylor gets a caution & 1, point Brooks, 1-0
1:30 left
Back to center, circling
Taylor warned for passivity
Taylor shoots, gets a leg, Brooks fighting & comes around for the TD 3-0, Wow!
Back to center, tying up & circling
45-sec left
Tying up, circling, not much more
30-sec left
Taylor moving forward a little, but Brooks with great positioning & defense
Time runs out, Brooks looks fantastic!

P2:
Brooks with an underhook, Taylor gets a leg, Brooks sprawls, stalemate, restart
Taylor pushing forward, Brooks looking for an underhook
Back to center, tying up & circling
Taylor pushing forward, Brooks not moving much
2-min left
Back to center, tying up & circling, restart
Taylor shoots, Brooks sprawls & they're back on their feet, tied up again
Brooks tries to push Taylor out on the edge, but can't
Brooks gets called for passivity & goes on the clock
Taylor shot clock point 3-1
< 1-min left
Tying up, pushing & circling in the center
Taylor in on a leg, Brooks defending, Taylor keeps working & driving forward, but Brooks comes out on top, but can't finish, stalemate, no scoring
Time expires & Aaron Brooks Wins!!!

Aaron Brooks DEC David Taylor 3-1

Aaron Brooks defeats David Taylor two matches to none. Wow!! What a year! Wins his 4th D1 Natty championship & follows it up by defeating the current gold medalist & PSU Mount Rushmore member, David Taylor! Did Brooks just push Taylor off the mountain? Wow again!

What a match & what an amazing kid! The future looks brilliant for Aaron Brooks. His parents laid the foundation & he put in the work to become great. He's the type of kid that everyone cheers for. I look forward to watching him win his first gold! Go Aaron!

So, what's next for David? Time to focus on coaching or continue competing? We've been blessed to have watched him dominate for years, and it'll be a pleasure watching him pass on that legacy to others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT