ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

It's essentially the best California wrestling school right now.
Zeke has always recruited the PA-NJ-NY region well. He's practically a fixture in Hershey.

IMO they'll have a significant challenge competing at B12s against Missouri, Iowa State, and OKST -- it won't be Pac 12s any more. But as a program, they're not going anywhere.

As much as it’s been enjoyable being the beneficiary of smaller school transfers (MM, Truax, etc.) I do enjoy seeing small program kids put their schools on the map. Alirez and Poulin are huge pieces of UNC’s program. Much the same way Nasir Bailey and Stephen Little are huge pieces of Little Rock’s program.

Next up in this craziness.... opposing fan bases contributing to NIL deals on behalf of small schools to keep their rivals from getting big-name transfers! Am I off my rocker thinking that is not implausible in this environment?

Now where's that Northern Colorado gofundme link I saw? :)

Cooper Flynn to Minnesota. Nice pick up
Flynn isn’t a world beater but if he can open up his offense a little bit with a change of scenery I could see an AA out of him. Pretty happy with what Eggum has done this offseason, but his next trick needs to be getting Gable to use his last year of eligibility here. I think it’s more likely than anywhere else, but I don’t think college wrestling is the most likely option.

Flynn isn’t a world beater but if he can open up his offense a little bit with a change of scenery I could see an AA out of him. Pretty happy with what Eggum has done this offseason, but his next trick needs to be getting Gable to use his last year of eligibility here. I think it’s more likely than anywhere else, but I don’t think college wrestling is the most likely option.
I know he planned to wrestle in college for Minnesota last year (hence why Michael Blockhus returned) but WWE basically shut it down. I'm sure other schools (cough cough) will offer bags.

I know he planned to wrestle in college for Minnesota last year (hence why Michael Blockhus returned) but WWE basically shut it down. I'm sure other schools (cough cough) will offer bags.
I think the rest of the wrestling world underestimates how much money and donors Minnesota has. We’re not Michigan or Iowa, but the cupboards are far from bare.

I think the rest of the wrestling world underestimates how much money and donors Minnesota has. We’re not Michigan or Iowa, but the cupboards are far from bare.
Also - why not stick to the system that worked and a strong room if you're serious about winning? Zillmer is a fantastic partner who has jumped levels at GWC and clear #2 in USA wrestling (without Gable)

Reactions: poorwrestler
But how long do you wait for Steveson to toy around?

Minny has hosted Hendrickson for a visit, so they're at least keeping options open.

Was there any explanation of how he still has a year of eligibility?
Somehow an Olympic redshirt year was applied retroactively to last season. Frankly, I’m not thrilled we’re doing this whole debacle again. I hope he makes a decision soon. Preferably another year in maroon and gold.

Somehow an Olympic redshirt year was applied retroactively to last season. Frankly, I’m not thrilled we’re doing this whole debacle again. I hope he makes a decision soon. Preferably another year in maroon and gold.
His eligibility should have run out the year before. He used 3 seasons of eligibility ('19, '20, '22) and then was gone for '23 and "24.

Quite frankly this is ridiculous, that he gets a "retroactive" redshirt, especially when he didn't complete.

He put his shoes on the mat. It should be over.

I definitely think Flynn can AA. He’s good and 125 is wide open as we all know. Who is your 133 next year?

I definitely think Flynn can AA. He’s good and 125 is wide open as we all know. Who is your 133 next year?
Hopefully Wells can make the weight again. He was a split second from AA as a true freshman. If not him, then Jager Eisch. An AWA kid who will be a junior but hasn’t gotten a shot yet.

Reactions: zzs006
it's a joke.

frankly, 2021 Olympic Gold getting an ORS despite not wrestling in years is actually less egregious than AJ getting one based on a Cadet Bronze from 1994
Up early or still up? I am unfortunately the latter. But I agree with you either way :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT