ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Transfer Portal

Hopefully he made a good impression with his suitors as this may be the best of both worlds. Probably got paid well to stay home, but will be a very marketable commodity for an RTC next year
According to Mineo, he’s guaranteed a coaching position at UNoCo. Seems a bit afield of even the NIL playbook, but I’ll allow it.

Does anybody who is offered a bag of Bob Nicolls' cash ever accept? That drops Iowa's total team points 143 points to 123 and the 7 finalists to 6.
giphy.gif

HR keeps outdoing themselves: Apparently PSU boosters paid Alirez not to go to Iowa
Personally, I think Alirez has his eye on the NLWC and not the Cowboy club or the HWC where both schools could have used him for his last year in college. PSU not so much . He stays at his current school, makes bank and then goes to NLWC where Nick may be transitioning to coaching and Zain possibly moving on to his career.

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
Personally, I think Alirez has his eye on the NLWC and not the Cowboy club or the HWC where both schools could have used him for his last year in college. He stays at his current school, makes bank and then goes to NLWC where Nick may be transitioning to coaching and Zain possibly moving on to his career.
00d25d8a270d1887dbc4d3647c63e58d.gif

But in all seriousness, it seems he's going to coach at UNC and stay in Greeley. I think he has a lot of pride in his hometown.

00d25d8a270d1887dbc4d3647c63e58d.gif

But in all seriousness, it seems he's going to coach at UNC and stay in Greeley. I think he has a lot of pride in his hometown.
Yeah it's possible...maybe even probable. Still think he was out looking/shopping for his future competing on the Senior Level than where he spent his last year in college. For all we know, Nick Lee becoming an assistant coach at PSU helped him decide.

Returning points:

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Iowa
52.5​
5​
Oklahoma State
51.5​

OKST is still at least 3rd with Hughes and Carroll coming off shirt.

Returning points:

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Iowa
52.5​
5​
Oklahoma State
51.5​

That gap is still insane with bonus points to be added. How many returning points did PSU have in 23/24? Definitely another record is in reach!

That gap is still insane with bonus points to be added. How many returning points did PSU have in 23/24? Definitely another record is in reach!
Those figures include bonus. What they don't include is attrition and guys coming off shirt.

In 2024 we returned 114 pts, but that dropped to 98 when Van Ness got injured.

Returning points:

#TeamPts
1​
Penn State
133.0​
2​
Ohio State
62.0​
3​
Nebraska
53.0​
4​
Iowa
52.5​
5​
Oklahoma State
51.5​

Nelson Brands also coming back per Iowa board and going at 184. That would bump their returning point total as well.

Penn State's returning points depends a lot on how we do the lineup but

125 - 0 (I'm assuming Lilledahl here but lol having him at 0)
133 - 2.5
141 - 20
149 - 19
157 - 26
165 - 19.5
174 - 20
184 - 0
197 - 0
285 - 23.5

That's 130.5 assuming. But obviously things will change, SVN is back, Starocci is bumping up. How we handle 157 - 174 will be interesting. Many possibilities but a lot of firepower.

157 Candidates - Kasak, Mesenbrink. Heard Kasak wasn't even a small 149 by the end and if he isn't sucking down (like he did last year to wrestle 141), naturally can be a 157. Mesenbrink also said he would make a cut for Levi (said that's his best buddy). We know Levi won't see 157 again.

165 Candiates - Haines, Mesenbrink, Facundo. I think this is Haines and Mesenbrink's best weight. Mesenbrink seems to just like not cutting.

174 Candidates - Facundo, Haines. This is Facundo's best weight IMO, Haines IMO could get to 174 fast and there's some rumors he's ballooning fast when he's not fighting to make 157.

My guess? (And my guess only) We see Kasak, Mesenbrink, Haines.

Penn State's returning points depends a lot on how we do the lineup but

125 - 0 (I'm assuming Lilledahl here but lol having him at 0)
133 - 2.5
141 - 20
149 - 19
157 - 26
165 - 19.5
174 - 20
184 - 0
197 - 0
285 - 23.5

That's 130.5 assuming. But obviously things will change, SVN is back, Starocci is bumping up. How we handle 157 - 174 will be interesting. Many possibilities but a lot of firepower.

157 Candidates - Kasak, Mesenbrink. Heard Kasak wasn't even a small 149 by the end and if he isn't sucking down (like he did last year to wrestle 141), naturally can be a 157. Mesenbrink also said he would make a cut for Levi (said that's his best buddy). We know Levi won't see 157 again.

165 Candiates - Haines, Mesenbrink, Facundo. I think this is Haines and Mesenbrink's best weight. Mesenbrink seems to just like not cutting.

174 Candidates - Facundo, Haines. This is Facundo's best weight IMO, Haines IMO could get to 174 fast and there's some rumors he's ballooning fast when he's not fighting to make 157.

My guess? (And my guess only) We see Kasak, Mesenbrink, Haines.
That's just sick

As much as I am starting to look at NIL with disgust, it is somewhat satisfying to see several kids now most likely take a bag to stay home. (I think we're are safe to make that assumption).

Noone would simply accept that they have a significant worth on the open market, but very little value at home. At least there is a small glimmer out there that NIL is starting to normalize just a bit, maybe?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT