ADVERTISEMENT

4 schools had more draft picks in 2023 than PSU

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Alabama (10), Georgia (10), Michigan (9), and TCU (8). Essentially this was the college football playoff teams if you took out Alabama and inserted Ohio State. Kudos to TCU, based on their recruiting, they should not be at this level.

Of course we tied Ohio State, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Oregon, and Pitt at 6 draft picks. Kudos to Pitt, based on their recruiting, they should not be at this level either. Also, Ohio St underperformed in the draft this year based on total draft picks (but they did have 3 first rounders).

What I also found interesting is that Old Dominion (3 draft picks) had as many as Notre Dame, Miami, Michigan St, Minnesota, Texas A&M, Utah, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Louisville, Cincinatti, and BYU. They were only 1 behind USC and UCLA.

The transfer portal has helped cause fewer draft picks from non power 5 schools. Less FBS, D2 and HBCU players ended up being drafted as many of the better players from these schools moved up to power 5 schools.

Reactions: Efejle
Good for Kuntz but he wasn’t passing any of the PSU TEs during his time. Levis vs. Clifford, push. Shorter bailed. Good for him. Maybe he’ll turn out like Juwan Johnson.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
It is hard to say that a team with 3 of first 20 picks underperformed but once you get past round 1 OSU did underperform. Dawand Jones who was mentioned as a possible late first rounder slid all the way to the forth round and based on his work habits deserved every bit of that fall. Their center who was probably given horrible advice to come out in the first place went in the 6th round. He probably could have made more money in NIL if he had stayed at OSU then he will make as a 6th round pick and would have had another year to improve his skills . To add insult to injury they both went to the Browns one of the worst run franchises in the league. Henderson who was a 5 star recruit never really developed as the next great OSU DL and went in the 3rd round to the Falcons.

Yeah I’m sure that’s it. Neither could beat out the players at PSU.
Well PSU developed the guys that stayed .... I think everyone on the roster should get equal playing time and after 5 games the. The CAC here will create the depth chart for Coach Franklin.

Last edited:
Of course we tied Ohio State, Clemson, Florida, LSU, Oregon, and Pitt at 6 draft picks. Kudos to Pitt, based on their recruiting, they should not be at this level either. Also, Ohio St underperformed in the draft this year based on total draft picks (but they did have 3 first rounders).
Not sure what you're basing this on. Realistically, they only had one other player - according to Eleven Warriors - that might have been drafted - other than the 6 that were and that was safety Ronnie Hickman.

The reason - they have most of their top end talent returning in 2023 including a possible 7 first round draft picks indicated in the attached article by 247. I believe the record is 6 by one of those Miami teams in the early 2000s - could be wrong about that.

They could also challenge the record for most players in a draft of 15 - I believe by Georgia just a couple of years ago.

2023 be OSU's most talented team since Urban Meyer's 2015 squad. Of course, their success in 2023 revolves around if - and a BIG IF - they can put more than a Mickey Mouse defense on the field like they've done the last couple of years. They haven't been able to stop anyone with a pulse on offense the last 3 to 4 years

Not sure what you're basing this on. Realistically, they only had one other player - according to Eleven Warriors - that might have been drafted - other than the 6 that were and that was safety Ronnie Hickman.

The reason - they have most of their top end talent returning in 2023 including a possible 7 first round draft picks indicated in the attached article by 247. I believe the record is 6 by one of those Miami teams in the early 2000s - could be wrong about that.

They could also challenge the record for most players in a draft of 15 - I believe by Georgia just a couple of years ago.

2023 be OSU's most talented team since Urban Meyer's 2015 squad. Of course, their success in 2023 revolves around if - and a BIG IF - they can put more than a Mickey Mouse defense on the field like they've done the last couple of years. They haven't been able to stop anyone with a pulse on offense the last 3 to 4 years
Easy there fanboy. I merely implied that 6 draft picks for Ohio St wasn't consistent with expectations of a team that recruits at their level or that made the playoff. It was by far the lowest amongst playoff teams and they recruit on part with Georgia and Alabama, yet Georgia and Alabama both had 10 picks.

Easy there fanboy. I merely implied that 6 draft picks for Ohio St wasn't consistent with expectations of a team that recruits at their level or that made the playoff. It was by far the lowest amongst playoff teams and they recruit on part with Georgia and Alabama, yet Georgia and Alabama both had 10 picks.
I think it's pretty obvious that OSU is deep into your head. How can they under perform if 6 of the 7 were drafted. Yep, deep in your head.

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Your dead on Online Persona OSU players are so over hyped all the time everyone is an AA and 1st round pick, the last two years PSU an UM are tied for the most NFL picks from the BIG10 with 14, if you add Levis, Shorter and Kuntz PSU would have 17.

Doesn't success in 2023 for Ohio State also depend on having a QB who can play somewhere near the level of CJ Stroud? Yeah, there is plenty of talent on the roster, but top level QB play is no sure thing.

Last edited:
I just find it interesting that these little OSU fanboys have to show up on our site anytime there is any little perceived slight about their Buckeyes. I didn't even intend it as a slight, just remarked that only 6 was not consistent with playoff teams because even TCU had 8.

But these Ohio fanboys must collectively have the smallest penises because they show up at any perceived slight. They are BY FAR the most insecure fanbase in the country. I guess that is what recruiting like Alabama and Georgia for nearly a decade but always coming up short does. Or maybe it's that their arrogant neighbors to the north own them lately despite having much lesser recruiting?

I think it's pretty obvious that OSU is deep into your head. How can they under perform if 6 of the 7 were drafted. Yep, deep in your head.
He also doesn't comprehend that players may enter the draft even knowing they're a mid-to-late round pick. I wouldn't worry about it. He's just clueless.

Why not? Pitt is taking credit for Addison.
Well Pitt did develop Addison before they were cuckolded by USC and their NIL. Ours were more cases of needing an opportunity elsewhere and lack of patience in Shorter's case.

I just find it interesting that these little OSU fanboys have to show up on our site anytime there is any little perceived slight about their Buckeyes. I didn't even intend it as a slight, just remarked that only 6 was not consistent with playoff teams because even TCU had 8.

But these Ohio fanboys must collectively have the smallest penises because they show up at any perceived slight. They are BY FAR the most insecure fanbase in the country. I guess that is what recruiting like Alabama and Georgia for nearly a decade but always coming up short does. Or maybe it's that their arrogant neighbors to the north own them lately despite having much lesser recruiting?
GO BLUE - beat those cheating Buckeyes

He also doesn't comprehend that players may enter the draft even knowing they're a mid-to-late round pick. I wouldn't worry about it. He's just clueless.
Many of us come on this board - from other schools - just to see this Online Person ramble on AND ON about OSU and we poke at him. Once you say something positive about OSU (and that's not easy) and disagree with him, he goes batchit crazy and accuse you of being a Buckeye. It's actually hilarious.

BTW, ND 45 - OSU 31 this Fall. Bank it, you heard it here 1st. QB Sam Hartman drills their sorry defense for over 450 yards

And that's laughable like Ohio State claiming Burrow. Addison at least produced there though so it could be worse.

I'm not sure that it's directly laughable as their multiple National title claims are. Pitt found him. He would have been a 1st rd pick last year most likely (draft was WR loaded, but he put up DOUBLE the stats at Pitt) based on his year at Pitt if he was draft eligible.

But I get it. He transferred to USC and declared for the draft from there. I'm just saying I don't have a problem with Pitt claiming him. His freshman stats were just shy of his junior ones at USC. That's saying something.

I don't think Penn State should take credit for Kuntz, Levis, nor Shorter because they did nothing here that would have made them draftable. As you said, it's why data without analysis can be worthless.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Many of us come on this board - from other schools - just to see this Online Person ramble on AND ON about OSU and we poke at him. Once you say something positive about OSU (and that's not easy) and disagree with him, he goes batchit crazy and accuse you of being a Buckeye. It's actually hilarious.

BTW, ND 45 - OSU 31 this Fall. Bank it, you heard it here 1st. QB Sam Hartman drills their sorry defense for over 450 yards
OK guy who sent his own son to Ohio St during their sexual assaults on thousands of college boys. You are a loyal buckeye even at your own child's expense, but a terrible liar.

OK guy who sent his own son to Ohio St during their sexual assaults on thousands of college boys. You are a loyal buckeye even at your own child's expense, but a terrible liar.
Good God - you're actually bringing up sexual assault on this board ? What the hell is wrong with you ?

Let me ask you this. In 30 years from now, if you took a national poll about the worse sexual assault in college athletics history, what do you think the overwhelming answer will be ? Pretty sure many won't remember the OSU, UM and MSU scandals BUT........

I'm not sure that it's directly laughable as their multiple National title claims are. Pitt found him. He would have been a 1st rd pick last year most likely (draft was WR loaded, but he put up DOUBLE the stats at Pitt) based on his year at Pitt if he was draft eligible.

But I get it. He transferred to USC and declared for the draft from there. I'm just saying I don't have a problem with Pitt claiming him. His freshman stats were just shy of his junior ones at USC. That's saying something.

I don't think Penn State should take credit for Kuntz, Levis, nor Shorter because they did nothing here that would have made them draftable. As you said, it's why data without analysis can be worthless.
Honestly, yeah, maybe with someone like Addison Pitt can take credit. That just opens the door for schools to take credit when someone stepped foot on campus

Ohio State's had a blessed streak of QBs with Fields and Stroud. They'll need to keep that going to be really good in 23.

Of course, they have the luck of getting Harrison back...

This is a program that historically has not had such luck at that position.

Until the last 2, Ohio State's ALL-TIME highest NFL prospect quarterback was Art Schlichter!!!

I never knew that Online Persona was such a national star. A real Influencer!

Ohio State's had a blessed streak of QBs with Fields and Stroud. They'll need to keep that going to be really good in 23.

Of course, they have the luck of getting Harrison back...

This is a program that historically has not had such luck at that position.

Until the last 2, Ohio State's ALL-TIME highest NFL prospect quarterback was Art Schlichter!!!
Agree, but you could also throw Oklahoma and Nebraska right in there with OSU when it comes to the lack of quality NFL QBs and the answer is pretty straight forward - the style of offense those schools ran over the last several decades - the read-option which just doesn't fit NFL offenses and features QBs with running ability. Once Oklahoma turned to Lincoln Riley and OSU named Ryan Day as HCs, both schools started turning out NFL QBs.

And all 3 of those schools are always rated in the top 7 or 8 all-time CF programs although Nebraska has been sliding down this century, Oklahoma and OSU are almost always named in the top 3 with Alabama. Many consider the 1995 Nebraska team as the GOAT and that Oklahoma run in the 1959s (consecutive wins) will never be matched again. All of this was done without NFL quality QBs.

I never knew that Online Persona was such a national star. A real Influencer!
He's just fun to screw with. You can find a couple on every board and they all have a weak spot - his is saying anything positive about OSU. Read any of his threads and somewhere in it he'll slam OSU. Why not poke at him ?😄😄😄

Reactions: DUNNELLONFLBUCK
Good God - you're actually bringing up sexual assault on this board ? What the hell is wrong with you ?

Let me ask you this. In 30 years from now, if you took a national poll about the worse sexual assault in college athletics history, what do you think the overwhelming answer will be ? Pretty sure many won't remember the OSU, UM and MSU scandals BUT........
So what matters is public perception?

You do realize that Ohio St had 170 rapes and over 2600 sexual assaults by a current employee known by the entire athletic department for decades of abuse. Michigan had over 1000 sexual assaults in their scandal. Michigan St had 265 sexual assaults by Nassar.

He's just fun to screw with. You can find a couple on every board and they all have a weak spot - his is saying anything positive about OSU. Read any of his threads and somewhere in it he'll slam OSU. Why not poke at him ?😄😄😄
I pointed out the three 1st rounders. Was I not allowed to acknowledge that others that recruited on par with Ohio St had 10 drafted while Ohio St had only 6? I can only surmise by the several buckeye fanboy responses that I wasn't supposed to mention that.

I don't like Pitt either and gave them credit for getting 6 drafted, the same as Ohio St and Penn St, despite a much worse recruiting average. Ohio St fanboys get their panties in a bunch when you simply call it like it is.

So what matters is public perception?

You do realize that Ohio St had 170 rapes and over 2600 sexual assaults by a current employee known by the entire athletic department for decades of abuse. Michigan had over 1000 sexual assaults in their scandal. Michigan St had 265 sexual assaults by Nassar.

My God man (or woman) ! Again, why would any PSU fan bring this up on a PSU board? You constantly fail to acknowledge the ages of the victims and yes, public perception does matter - A LOT. The other cases you bring up were college students - enough said as I don't have to take this any farther

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT