ADVERTISEMENT

A suite for Nationals.

I've been in 3 suites over the last 7 years. These prices are well over 2 times MSG. To top it off no tanning beds

I've been in a suite each of the last five years. I said I'd never go back to standard seating. With the current asking price, i'll have to backtrack on that statement. I remember the wife giving me the highbrow when prices reached $800 at MSG. At $2000, I'd have to outright lie... and that never ends well.

WTF are these guys trying to pull ..who the H wants to go to Cleveland in March ..by the end of everything they'll be 1) lucky to get $800 to $900 per person ..or. .2) .there'll be a S load of empty suites ..really ...they're delusional ..like Cleveland is a 'destination ' city ..for the love of God

I read the title of this thread too quickly and saw "A suit for Nationals" by GOLDBANGER and thought there were going to be pics of some new, shockingly golden attire...:(

Reactions: jtothemfp
WTF are these guys trying to pull ..who the H wants to go to Cleveland in March ..by the end of everything they'll be 1) lucky to get $800 to $900 per person ..or. .2) .there'll be a S load of empty suites ..really ...they're delusional ..like Cleveland is a 'destination ' city ..for the love of God
The final price, for some suites, is still being discussed. Not sure where it will end up...

Part of me is shocked by the ramp up in prices over the past several years. St. Louis was $950 for 400-level suites, after $500 and $800 seats for the suites at MSG (depending on whether they were Madison Club Suites, or Signature Suites).

Cleveland does appear to have taken it to an entirely new price level. Disappointing as that is, there are factors that may explain their thinking, though from my perspective it's a little exaggerated. (1) Popularity of this tournament, overall, continues to rise, (2) the suites at Quicken Loans are at a lower level (better line of sight) than at Scottrade, and (3) it's in Ohio (on paper it looks like a 2-horse race, between the home-state Buckeyes, and their next-door-neighbor Nittany Lions...that's a lot of fans in close proximity to the arena).

My hope is that supply/demand determines the price, and not greed.

Hey GOLDBANGER, can you contact me? Email is fine, from "the website" is perfect.

The final price, for some suites, is still being discussed. Not sure where it will end up...

Part of me is shocked by the ramp up in prices over the past several years. St. Louis was $950 for 400-level suites, after $500 and $800 seats for the suites at MSG (depending on whether they were Madison Club Suites, or Signature Suites).

Cleveland does appear to have taken it to an entirely new price level. Disappointing as that is, there are factors that may explain their thinking, though from my perspective it's a little exaggerated. (1) Popularity of this tournament, overall, continues to rise, (2) the suites at Quicken Loans are at a lower level (better line of sight) than at Scottrade, and (3) it's in Ohio (on paper it looks like a 2-horse race, between the home-state Buckeyes, and their next-door-neighbor Nittany Lions...that's a lot of fans in close proximity to the arena).

My hope is that supply/demand determines the price, and not greed.

The PSWC got the price down to $25000 ($1389 per seat) and Quicken Loans has agreed to provide each suite with 2 rows of six chairs each and the back row will have 6 bar stools. So 18 ppl per suite. These will be on the curve not the side.

If people pay, the prices will keep going up. Graham Nash is playing a concert at the venue down the hill from me in my town. When I heard the announced price of $115, I was shocked. The promoters are convinced they will sell out without an issue. If they do, god bless us all.

Does Cleveland have an unusually high number of city hall cousins and nephews getting comped or "comped" tickets?

The PSWC got the price down to $25000 ($1389 per seat) and Quicken Loans has agreed to provide each suite with 2 rows of six chairs each and the back row will have 6 bar stools. So 18 ppl per suite. These will be on the curve not the side.

If this is the "down" price that was some poor negotiation. I will be surprised if there is a real interest in the suites outside of some that have unlimited budgets.

They have 3 price levels. 25K for club level ends/corner. 30K for club sides/corner. 35K for event level.

If this is the "down" price that was some poor negotiation. I will be surprised if there is a real interest in the suites outside of some that have unlimited budgets.
Ha, that's ripe, and I'm guessing presumptuous. Do you have intimate knowledge of the negotiation efforts?

Ha, that's ripe, and I'm guessing presumptuous. Do you have intimate knowledge of the negotiation efforts?
More like message board sarcasm....I still think the price is crazy but by no means think the pswc is to blame.

Okay, it's not the national championships, but for PSU and wrestling fans in general, there is no better bargain and opportunity to watch top notch college wrestling in a tournament than attending the Southern Scuffle. And Chattanooga is a nice place to visit.

Reactions: jtothemfp
Okay, it's not the national championships, but for PSU and wrestling fans in general, there is no better bargain and opportunity to watch top notch college wrestling in a tournament than attending the Southern Scuffle. And Chattanooga is a nice place to visit.

That is an excellent observation. I, like others, had interest in a Suite at Quicken Loans. I had to pay $500.00 to be on the list. My spot just came up. And, they were doing me a favor. I would only have to pay half down and spread the remaining payments out. I passed. I told them what I thought the Suite was worth. I will get to use the $500.00 for Cavaliers' merchandise. Hooray!

Maybe I ought to consider the Scuffle--should Penn State enter this year. With the teams that traditionally enter that event, there is some really good wrestling.

Reactions: royboy
That is an excellent observation. I, like others, had interest in a Suite at Quicken Loans. I had to pay $500.00 to be on the list. My spot just came up. And, they were doing me a favor. I would only have to pay half down and spread the remaining payments out. I passed. I told them what I thought the Suite was worth. I will get to use the $500.00 for Cavaliers' merchandise. Hooray!

Maybe I ought to consider the Scuffle--should Penn State enter this year. With the teams that traditionally enter that event, there is some really good wrestling.

Can you use the $ for cavs tickets? I have business in cleveland and always wanted to see a game (never been to an NBA game). If it can be used maybe we could make a trade.

#scuffle!!!

The NCAA appears to address that in the bid process...(sorry for the formatting)

3. Control of Ticket Sales. The NCAA shall control all ticket sales for the championship, assigning specific duties
to the LOC/host and competition venue as needed. The LOC/host and competition venue shall cooperate fully
with the NCAA’s official ticketing vendors and/or ticketing partners (e.g., primary ticket sales system provider,
official ticket and hospitality package provider, official ticket exchange). The NCAA shall not be responsible for
securing an exemption to any exclusive contracts the LOC/host, competition venue or surrounding areas/facilities
might have, nor will the NCAA be responsible for any buyout or other means necessary to secure such an
exemption.
Admittance to the competition venue on game days will be by ticket or NCAA-issued credential only. Every
individual, regardless of age, must have a game ticket for admission, unless specified by the NCAA or venue
policy. Unless specifically granted an exception, the NCAA requires that the competition venue utilize a ticket
scanning system at all general public access points into the competition venue. The host venue system will be
used for access control, box office walk up sales and day of event issue resolution in the box office.

4. Control of Venue Seating. The NCAA shall control all seating assignments within the competition venue,
including club seating, press boxes, hospitality clubs and restaurants.
The NCAA shall be responsible for determining the allocation and the location of all ticket allotments.
The LOC/host or competition venue may not re-sell allotted championship game tickets at any price, nor may
enter into a sponsorship agreement or hospitality/travel package agreement with any ticket broker, tour packager
or other secondary ticket marketer to provide championship tickets in return for other considerations unless
specifically authorized by the NCAA.

Can you use the $ for cavs tickets? I have business in cleveland and always wanted to see a game (never been to an NBA game). If it can be used maybe we could make a trade.

#scuffle!!!

I'll check for you.
See what I can do.

Thank you!
#scuffle

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT