ADVERTISEMENT

A USC loss to Minnesota is not a bad thing guys.

I don't know but I know Illinois beat us at home in '21.

USC is a good team but yeah they are unranked now. They have to be in top 30. Many of the teams we have beaten on the road in the last couple of years are sub .500 type teams and/or without talent approaching what USC has.

Franklin is 22-1 against unranked teams in the last 3 years but sure cling to that 9 OT loss.

People here don't give credit to Franklin for past wins against Michigan because they weren't elite 0 or 1 loss Michigan teams. Whatever lets you bash him I guess.

He went 2-0 against Auburn recently if we want to talk brands. Beat a Utah program in the Rose Bowl that has absolutely dominated USC the last few years.

QUOTE="fastlax16, post: 6775550, member: 10062"]
Franklin is 22-1 against unranked teams in the last 3 years but sure cling to that 9 OT loss.

People here don't give credit to Franklin for past wins against Michigan because they weren't elite 0 or 1 loss Michigan teams. Whatever lets you bash him I guess.

He went 2-0 against Auburn recently if we want to talk brands. Beat a Utah program in the Rose Bowl that has absolutely dominated USC the last few years.
[/QUOTE]
Again he has not beaten s team of USC's caliber in a road game. Beaten up on Maryland, Indiana and Rutgers for the most part.

Utah lost Rising in that game but we probably still win. Wisky in '21 and Purdue in '22 were pretty good so I hope you are right. Just don't have a lot of confidence in Franklin in a road game like this versus a team close to us in talent.

Again he has not beaten s team of USC's caliber in a road game. Beaten up on Maryland, Indiana and Rutgers for the most part.

Utah lost Rising in that game but we probably still win. Wisky in '21 and Purdue in '22 were pretty good so I hope you are right. Just don't have a lot of confidence in Franklin in a road game like this versus a team close to us in talent.

What do you actually think USCs caliber actually is? They finished 8-5 last season with the best QB in college football and he's gone. This year's edition is worse. Fans on their board are talking about possibly finishing 6-6 this season. WVU finished 9-4 last year and people here say they suck.

He's won road games against P5 teams with the same or better final records as last year's USC team each of the last 3 seasons.

Take off the Cardinal and Gold glasses. I'm not saying we can't lose, but the number of people here who are hopefully wearing brown pants is disturbingly high.

Yes, but the problem is this USC team is so much better than that Auburn team. Where is Bryan Harsin by the way?
They have some bigtime talent but it depends on which USC team shows up. They look unbeatable at times and then pull off some massive head scratchers. I like PSU by 5 to 7 points in this game

They have some bigtime talent but it depends on which USC team shows up. They look unbeatable at times and then pull off some massive head scratchers. I like PSU by 5 to 7 points in this game
Yep and if we get the "good" USC (which I think is likely) it will be a very difficult game especially with Franklin's track record in tough road games.

They are better than that. Believe me they will play well against us.
They have a better coach they Auburn did but when have they shown on the field they're better. Other than their opener this year they've consistently underperformed even modest expectations

What do you actually think USCs caliber actually is? They finished 8-5 last season with the best QB in college football and he's gone. This year's edition is worse. Fans on their board are talking about possibly finishing 6-6 this season. WVU finished 9-4 last year and people here say they suck.

He's won road games against P5 teams with the same or better final records as last year's USC team each of the last 3 seasons.

Take off the Cardinal and Gold glasses. I'm not saying we can't lose, but the number of people here who are hopefully wearing brown pants is disturbingly high.
This is not last year. They will play well against us and this game will he a dog fight. I hope we win, I think we should win but don't have a lot of confidence. You know how we start off half asleep on defense so I am expecting us to be down 7-0 midway through the first quarter.

This is not last year. They will play well against us and this game will he a dog fight. I hope we win, I think we should win but don't have a lot of confidence. You know how we start off half asleep on defense so I am expecting us to be down 7-0 midway through the first quarter.
USC isn't exactly a fast start team either
I understand frustration with our team but the more you watch others nothing we're seeing isn't common from the rest of the top tier teams which USC is not one if. These are the games Franklin wins recently. I'm not sure if the name USC scares people but the team shouldn't

QUOTE="fastlax16, post: 6775550, member: 10062"]

[/QUOTE]
USC’s caliber?

They are a two loss team to two teams that are middle of the road this year. Both Michigan and Minnesota will lose additional games this year.

We have a superior defense. While they are playing better defense, they are average at best, especially vs the run which is our strength. If they load the box, we have an above average QB with a great Tight end and two backs that are good receivers out of the backfield. While we might not have a great wideout, we have four guys who have been able to get open and catch the football.

Could we lose ? Sure, last week showed that anything can happen in College Football, but this is not Ohio State or last years Michigan were playing and I doubt that the coaches or the team will be complacent. We will get USC’s best effort, but we have been getting everyone’s best effort.

If this isn't last year why are you letting what Penn State teams of years past did influence how you feel? You want to have it both ways.

Many of the teams we have beaten on the road in the last couple of years are sub .500 type teams and/or without talent approaching what USC has.

How is this remotely relevant if this isn't the last couple of years? You just want to bash.

The past = very important if you're using it to criticize Penn State

The past = irrelevant if you're talking about USC.

Do I have that correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: doctornick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT