ADVERTISEMENT

After several months of struggling with this issue, I am at my wit's end...

Holy shit! I rewatched it and you're exactly right! Look closer at the check.... the grandmother's name is "Mary Miller".... but the check is then written out to "Tom Mills"... Changes the locale as well... Mary's address is Oakham, MA... not sure how far from there these guys would have to drive to find woods like shown in the advert, but probably could be Vermont.

Four evil millenials wreaking havoc on senior citizens in New England.

Well, at least they have a focus.

Speaking of seasoning. Do you season your steaks? If so, what do you season them with?
Seriously Art?? You're the one I have trouble figuring out.

OK, I'll play along, the absolute best you can get is Wegman's Terriyaki Marinade. Get the fresh cut tenderloins.....have to be fresh cut!!! (in the voice of Julia Child). Marinade the steaks 30 to 60 minutes (no longer or they'll taste like vinegar). Grill super hot--550 to 600 degrees. Sear properly on each side 2 to 3 minutes. Put a healthy portion of sauce on the top of each steak to caramelize........then turn off the middle burner and cook indirectly in the middle of the grill from 375 to 425 until they reach the desired temperature. If you have an egg, screw you, too rich for my blood and I'm jealous.

Oh........or use Montreal Steak seasoning from McCormick--over-season, kicks up the taste of the steak and you'll get away with it on a 2 inch tenderloin.

Oh and if you really want to hit a home run......use peach juice. Japanese peaches have the greatest acidity and will break down any tough meat to tenderloin tenderness in just a couple of hours.

Seriously Art?? You're the one I have trouble figuring out.

OK, I'll play along, the absolute best you can get is Wegman's Terriyaki Marinade. Get the fresh cut tenderloins.....have to be fresh cut!!! (in the voice of Julia Child). Marinade the steaks 30 to 60 minutes (no longer or they'll taste like vinegar). Grill super hot--550 to 600 degrees. Sear properly on each side 2 to 3 minutes. Put a healthy portion of sauce on the top of each steak to caramelize........then turn off the middle burner and cook indirectly in the middle of the grill from 375 to 425 until they reach the desired temperature. If you have an egg, screw you, too rich for my blood and I'm jealous.

Oh........or use Montreal Steak seasoning from McCormick--over-season, kicks up the taste of the steak and you'll get away with it on a 2 inch tenderloin.
:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT