ADVERTISEMENT

Ah! The city of Brotherly Love!! A nice little bitch-slap and a round-house over fries!

In before the "philly is so in your head" response from someone who doesn't realize that you can laugh at something (e.g. Philadelphia, U of Pitt, etc) without it "being in your head".

It depends on the frequency. Once or twice. No. Beyond that-it becomes a pattern.

Certain things are funny around certain groups, that's never gonna change. You can look for patterns all you want, or you can just simply enjoy life. It's too short not to laugh as much as possible.

Reactions: Ski
I'd drop kick a kitten off a bridge in front of a bus full kindergarteners for some chickie and petes crab fries so I understand this mans level of anger.

I'd probably hulk out too if someone knocked my bucket of golden heart attack over. Not to mention that bucket of fries costs about $12 with a side of cheese!

Last edited:
There's only a few big cities left where "throwing hands" is the preferred method of dealing with misunderstandings. Philly is one of those backward cities.

Reactions: TheGLOV
This would never happen in Pittsburgh. Mostly because they don't do buckets of fries, but instead, they stuff their fries into sandwiches.
Thus leaving both hands free (because the sandwich is in the mouth)...;);)

Hey, but there were NO arrests at the NFL draft !!!
For that alone the whole city thinks it should be there every year.

Yo Adrian !!

I'd drop kick a kitten off a bridge in front of a bus full kindergarteners for some chickie and petes crab fries so I understand this mans level of anger.

I'd probably hulk out too if someone knocked my bucket of golden heart attack over. Not to mention that bucket of fries costs about $12 with a side of cheese!
Ha! My wife once had me bring her some C&P's crab fries from the Southwest terminal at the Philly airport to Providence, RI. The lady working that night must've had prior similar requests, because she knew exactly how to pack them up to go in my backpack....only about a 45 minute flight but they were still warm/crispy by the time I landed.

I don't like to participate in snark fests, but this too cute not to share:
An Eagles fan passed away several days ago. He requested to have eight Eagles pall bearers because he wanted to have the Eagles let him down one last time.

Not sure if the older guy is brave or dumb for taking on 2 guys that both look like they could kick his ass.

I bet all 3 of them are from South Jersey and not Philly proper. Them's Jersey people give the Philly peeps a bad wrap. (Then again most of the people in South Jersey are transplants from Philly any way. :D)

I don't like to participate in snark fests, but this too cute not to share:
An Eagles fan passed away several days ago. He requested to have eight Eagles pall bearers because he wanted to have the Eagles let him down one last time.

Being a life long Eagles fan, I totally get this!!

Hey, but there were NO arrests at the NFL draft !!!
For that alone the whole city thinks it should be there every year.

Yo Adrian !!

Jealous much? The NFL stated that Philly raised the bar for the draft. Don't listen to the city, listen to the NFL offices.

There's only a few big cities left where "throwing hands" is the preferred method of dealing with misunderstandings. Philly is one of those backward cities.

...and Baltimore, and New York, and LA. And for that matter Boston, PIttsburgh, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis. And that's without even starting on the South, where they not only throw hands, they put on a white costume and wave flags while doing it.

I do think Philly is the only city dumb enough to believe it's the only city where people are stupid and violent. It's part of that whole Pennsylvania low-self-esteem thing (and I get to talk about it because I grew up in it).....Pa. ought to just put anti-depressants in the drinking water.

LOL at this nonsense. How many people have been shot in Chicago this year?

Building a shiny new stadium had no effect on the ticket holders. They still act like they were in the old Vet or Franklin field for that matter. It's a Philly thing!

Building a shiny new stadium had no effect on the ticket holders. They still act like they were in the old Vet or Franklin field for that matter. It's a Philly thing!

It's an outdated image. The redneck Philadelphian is actually becoming an endangered species. Even if you go to South Philly it looks totally different -- being taken over by coffee houses and pet shops and yoga studios. Everybody has master's degrees and eats organic kale and runs 3 miles every morning. I have a neighbor who grew up in a center city neighborhood that was pretty tough 40 years ago, but he puts on a suit and commutes to Manhattan to work for a big 5 accounting firm. Times change.

Hopefully someone can build a memorial statue to the loser Eagles fans so in a few years we can remember what they looked like.

...and Baltimore, and New York, and LA. And for that matter Boston, PIttsburgh, Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, St. Louis. And that's without even starting on the South, where they not only throw hands, they put on a white costume and wave flags while doing it.

I do think Philly is the only city dumb enough to believe it's the only city where people are stupid and violent. It's part of that whole Pennsylvania low-self-esteem thing (and I get to talk about it because I grew up in it).....Pa. ought to just put anti-depressants in the drinking water.
As a native PA-ian myself, I get what you're saying, though I wouldn't go so far as to suggest low self-esteem (on the contrary - a lot to be proud of in the Keystone State). Rather, I think a lot of PA-ians are just born with chips on their shoulders and blood full of piss & vinegar....possibly due to their proximity to places like NYC and WDC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT