ADVERTISEMENT

Am I alone in worrying about Saturday

I have no doubt that we will win. What’s more important is wether we beat the spread.

But the only reason they lost last year was because of their punter

We lost in '16 and ended up with our best season since '08-'09.

Shits unpredictable. Just how it goes.

I know Pitt is not a powerhouse. But I am concerned about the performance against a tough competitor of our OL and DL. I am also worried about the ability to run through the middle of our defense. This bodes ill for our matchup with Maryland and other tough teams. Thoughts?
Yes

I know Pitt is not a powerhouse. But I am concerned about the performance against a tough competitor of our OL and DL. I am also worried about the ability to run through the middle of our defense. This bodes ill for our matchup with Maryland and other tough teams. Thoughts?

Pitt from the Freebase dictionary

Pitt is a fictional character who appears in a comics series by American publisher Full Bleed Studios. Created by Dale Keown, he first appeared in Pitt #1. Pitt is a human/alien hybrid, created by an alien race known as the Creed, genetically engineered to serve as a killing machine. He appears more alien than human, with red, pupil-less eyes, gray skin, absence of a nose, sharp oversize teeth and large talons.

This must be the Pitt you are talking about. Goodgrief.

But the only reason they lost last year was because of their punter

That and the fact that Trace always plays better than he actually is.

Pitt is very lucky it rained that day. The weather completely benefited their running offense and they still lost by 45

Agreed, the cold and rain slowed down Penn State's superior skill position players.

I’ve bet penn state the first two games and won. I’m giving the points.
Third win in a row.

According to Ford, Leman and Wanny, Pitt wins, mark it down.

1. We have better players than pitt in all phases of the game. No one on pitt’s roster starts for Penn State.

2. We have better coaches than pitt. ( :eek: )

3. We’re at home.

4. We’ve looked good in six of eight quarters and are 2-0.

5. pitt has looked mediocre in both of their games and is 1-1.

6. pitt has lost two defensive starters for the season.

7. Penn State is healthy.

So we’re worried about Saturday’s game?

Reactions: odshowtime
Certainly not as confident about this game after last week. Yeah, PSU blew up in the 2H, but they couldn't run the ball.

If I'm Narduzzi, I'm not stacking the box at all. I wait to see if PSU can gash me on the ground first.

Reactions: PSU-PITT/NY
Have zero concern about this game; as another poster said, I truly believe Buffalo is a better team than Pitt. With this said, I do have some moderate concerns about the upcoming Maryland game.
PSU could lose both games. I’d be less surprised if Pitt beats us. Really hope that ends up being as laughable as many of us think. But both those programs REALLY want a win against us.

Certainly not as confident about this game after last week. Yeah, PSU blew up in the 2H, but they couldn't run the ball.

If I'm Narduzzi, I'm not stacking the box at all. I wait to see if PSU can gash me on the ground first.

Couldn't run or didn't run? Penn State's 4 RBs combined for just 11 carries. Our 5 offensive TD drives took a total of 15 plays.

PSU could lose both games. I’d be less surprised if Pitt beats us. Really hope that ends up being as laughable as many of us think. But both those programs REALLY want a win against us.

When I was a little kid, I'd tell my dad I really want something and he'd say; "Want in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first."

Italicized below is your post from last year. Read it and tell us all who the dumb one is. LOL!!!

This has to be one of the dumbest fanbases in America. This game will be close. No amount of gazing at star ratings will change that. Pitt is deeper and more experienced, while PSU is more talented overall, but you can't fix in one week all of that confusion and uncertainty on the PSU D or utter cluelessness of the PSU OL in picking up blitzes. McSorely will be running for his life all game.

PSU also wont be able to wear down Pitt as the game progresses. Pitt rotates 6-7 players at each level throughout the defense with little drop off between them. Pitt might not be littered with 4 and 5 star talent, but you will know the names Wirginis, Camp and Weaver by game's end.

I expect to be banned within minutes, but I will return after the game to revel in the anguish and misery that will occur here immediately following. Good luck Saturday. You are going to need it.

persp, Sep 7, 2018

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threa...f-the-pitt-albany-replay.216921/#post-3645645

It's post #16 in the thread you moron. Again, LOL!!!!

pwned.

Pitt doesn't spread it out and pass real well. I don't think they can score much. They scored 14 and 20 points. I think we are a work in progress, but a better team that should end outscoring them. I hope they get off to a better start so its a blowout in the second half.

Pitt doesn't spread it out and pass real well. I don't think they can score much. They scored 14 and 20 points. I think we are a work in progress, but a better team that should end outscoring them. I hope they get off to a better start so its a blowout in the second half.
I'm nervous about this one with no sound reason to be....other than Pitt will treat this as their super bowl.
But what you touch on above is what I'm hanging my hat on....they've scored 14 and 20 in their two games. Our defense may not be elite, but I've got to believe we are better than UVA or Ohio.
I'd like to think Pitt doesn't break 14 points.

1. We have better players than pitt in all phases of the game. No one on pitt’s roster starts for Penn State.

2. We have better coaches than pitt. ( :eek: )

3. We’re at home.

4. We’ve looked good in six of eight quarters and are 2-0.

5. pitt has looked mediocre in both of their games and is 1-1.

6. pitt has lost two defensive starters for the season.

7. Penn State is healthy.

So we’re worried about Saturday’s game?

Disagree with your #1. Paris Ford would start for us. He's been really good for them so far.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
When I was a little kid, I'd tell my dad I really want something and he'd say; "Want in one hand, shit in the other. See which one fills up first."
Classy. Perfect for one's little kid.

Ricky Bobby's dad told him "If you ain't first, you last."

I am worried because I think Pitt is going to...................Shovel Pass on every series. Coach Pry............your thoughts. More importantly, your answer.

Haha....this is a priceless find Nittpicker! Not sure if this Pitt moron is more dumb or delusional...I guess we should just go with both!
I’m thinking he’s related to Rutgers Al... more in your face than optimistic, but equally delusional.

lol nah not worried at all.

Anything can happen but I'm not extremely worried because Dooz is wound tighter than a golf ball and is terrible at getting his team into a competitive mindset. For example, he isn't allowing media access to his team this week. I guess he thinks it'll make them focus better. To me it seems it'll make them as uptight as Dooz when game time arrives. I'd let them talk to the media and enjoy the days leading up to the game. It'll build anticipation and get them even more pumped up to play on Saturday.

Pretty astute observations.

Actually more worried about Maryland than Pitt. our defense will shut them down....they can't score enough to beat us. If we can get to 17 we win. Maryland on the other hand....BTW, Maryland has a buy week as well leading up to the Friday nite game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT