ADVERTISEMENT

Anthony Zettle's PSU Mt Rushmore

henrymale

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2011
Fountain Hills, Arizona
(accidently posted this on tMB - growing pains of the new system!!!)

SIAP: I already liked Anthony Zettle. Love his enthusiasm, skill, motor and style of play. But after reading this quote in an interview with Josh Moyer of ESPN, I really like AZ!

JM: Let’s switch it up a little bit. You know how important history and tradition are at Penn State so, tomorrow, construction begins on a Mount Rushmore of PSU football greats. You get to decide the four greats who are honored. Who you picking?

AZ: Oh man … you’ve got to pick [John] Cappelletti because he’s the Heisman winner. I’m going to have to put [Michael] Mauti in there because he’s one of the leading guys who held Penn State together during the toughest time. I’m going to put Coach Paterno in there and I’m also going to put … geez … there’s so many good players. [Pauses] Probably Todd Blackledge, just because he was the quarterback for the national championship team. [Pauses] No – I’d put Spider [equipment manager Brad Caldwell] in as the fourth one. For sure.

The inclusion of Spider Caldwell speaks volumes about both Zettle and Spider. Full article Q&A with Anthony Zettel

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News